Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56
  1. #31
    Cali is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,565

    Default

    ^But the problem is Katou scored more than a 100 points back in Osaka, yet 100 was the maximum Gantz warded him. That's what Edo meant.

    Unless, of course, Gantz changes the "rules" yet again.

  2. #32
    Sherman is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    I could see the boss being that Victor Emmanuel chap. I didn't know who I was before I went to Rome, so I don't know how readily identifiable he is, but that statue is bloody huge and easily visible if you look over the whole city from a hill or something.

    Jesus Christ would be a cool boss, but I don't see it happening. Feels like if that were to happen, it couldn't really be topped. But I don't see them doing it in the first place. Feels a bit ... wrong.

  3. #33
    absenceoflove is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    I could see the boss being that Victor Emmanuel chap. I didn't know who I was before I went to Rome, so I don't know how readily identifiable he is, but that statue is bloody huge and easily visible if you look over the whole city from a hill or something.

    Jesus Christ would be a cool boss, but I don't see it happening. Feels like if that were to happen, it couldn't really be topped. But I don't see them doing it in the first place. Feels a bit ... wrong.
    No worse than doing Quanyin or Siddhartha like they did in the third game. There's no statues of Jesus that are that old though, as he wasn't considered a deity until later in history. If they were going to use any Christian symbolism, it would likely be Jehovah himself, which could be pretty scary, heh

  4. #34
    twinoceans is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by absenceoflove View Post
    No worse than doing Quanyin or Siddhartha like they did in the third game. There's no statues of Jesus that are that old though, as he wasn't considered a deity until later in history. If they were going to use any Christian symbolism, it would likely be Jehovah himself, which could be pretty scary, heh
    It feels much worse than Quanyin or Siddhartha. Here's the thing I'm not gonna touch if I'm Oku: Jesus, Jehovah, Allah. It just gonna feel awkward.

  5. #35
    LotW89 is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teioh View Post
    My human choice:
    I completely agree with this boss

  6. #36
    absenceoflove is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twinoceans View Post
    It feels much worse than Quanyin or Siddhartha. Here's the thing I'm not gonna touch if I'm Oku: Jesus, Jehovah, Allah. It just gonna feel awkward.
    I suppose Christians would always cause a silly fuss over anything like that, yeah.

  7. #37
    twinoceans is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by absenceoflove View Post
    I suppose Christians would always cause a silly fuss over anything like that, yeah.
    It's not about the christians' reaction. Gantz is not an international sensation for Oku to be worrying about offending a group within gantz' hypothetically enormous fan base. It's about awkwardness. I can't explain it. but using either Allah, Jehovah, or Jesus as a boss is just.....awkward somehow. Quanyin and Siddhartha have been shaped into mostly cultural superstition. There are frequently used in fantasy novels, films, legends that are solely for the sake of entertainment. Allah, Jehovah, and Jesus are still images of largely organized religion (though the case of Jesus can be debated if you live in US). However, you don't often see Jesus helping a talking monkey fighting with monsters as you see Quanyin does, not because of the teaching of Buddhism, but just folklore.

    Secondly, the belief of christians and muslims are very strict and careful about using the image of God. The concept of sacredness of the Supreme Being lies in the center of their belief. Images of Quanyin and Siddhartha, on the other hand, has been made very "friendly" to use for all kind of folk stories that is not found anywhere in the official religious teaching.

  8. #38
    Shin_Igami is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Why do you want to know? Wutz wit U? Joo wanna R0X0RZ MY B0X0RZ?
    Posts
    1,646

    Default

    The whole Greek Gods skit sends a shiver down my spine - it's almost as if oku woke up one day and asked himself: If i had made saint seiya, what would it be like - I can picture Kurono's suit going bad, and then he stands up and says "I will go back to TAE!!! MOERO! Ore no COSMO!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Popothepenguin View Post
    its kinda pathetic how much time people (including me) on this thread spend thinking about every little thing that goes on in Gantz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin_Igami View Post
    I suppose it comes from not having any new Gantz to talk about... I feel like a Junkie... o.O

  9. #39
    edo_shehb is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twinoceans View Post
    It feels much worse than Quanyin or Siddhartha. Here's the thing I'm not gonna touch if I'm Oku: Jesus, Jehovah, Allah. It just gonna feel awkward.
    I for one will get offended if Oku decide to use my God as the enemy boss

    I'm moslem but I really loathed the way hollywood make fun of religion, mostly on jesus ( like one in the dogma movie, it's way too much and not even funny)

    Quote Originally Posted by absenceoflove View Post
    I suppose Christians would always cause a silly fuss over anything like that, yeah.
    it called faith girl, you don't messed with other people faith

    Quote Originally Posted by twinoceans View Post
    It's not about the christians' reaction. Gantz is not an international sensation for Oku to be worrying about offending a group within gantz' hypothetically enormous fan base. It's about awkwardness. I can't explain it. but using either Allah, Jehovah, or Jesus as a boss is just.....awkward somehow. Quanyin and Siddhartha have been shaped into mostly cultural superstition. There are frequently used in fantasy novels, films, legends that are solely for the sake of entertainment. Allah, Jehovah, and Jesus are still images of largely organized religion (though the case of Jesus can be debated if you live in US). However, you don't often see Jesus helping a talking monkey fighting with monsters as you see Quanyin does, not because of the teaching of Buddhism, but just folklore.

    Secondly, the belief of christians and muslims are very strict and careful about using the image of God. The concept of sacredness of the Supreme Being lies in the center of their belief. Images of Quanyin and Siddhartha, on the other hand, has been made very "friendly" to use for all kind of folk stories that is not found anywhere in the official religious teaching.
    couldn't say it better than you did there

    ================================================== =====================

    back on topic, somehow I want this mission boss for once is silly monster like those minotaurs in OP ^_^ ( hei one can alwayas hope :P )

  10. #40
    absenceoflove is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edo_shehb View Post
    I for one will get offended if Oku decide to use my God as the enemy boss

    I'm moslem but I really loathed the way hollywood make fun of religion, mostly on jesus ( like one in the dogma movie, it's way too much and not even funny)



    it called faith girl, you don't messed with other people faith



    couldn't say it better than you did there

    ================================================== =====================

    back on topic, somehow I want this mission boss for once is silly monster like those minotaurs in OP ^_^ ( hei one can alwayas hope :P )
    Dogma is one of the most pro-Christian movies ever made, Kevin Smith is a devout Christian and wanted to show how he sees his faith, in a funny, silly, but still very positive way. Just because something is a comedy doesn't mean it's making fun of the religion. Anyway, I hate arguing about religion, gets everyone riled up and that's not fun, heh.

    There's a million things they can do for this boss, i suppose that's why it's a good one to converse over.
    Last edited by absenceoflove; 02-23-2009 at 12:09 AM.

 

 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79