I love the fact we are seeing other places and teams. It woulda been nice to see some of Nishi's victims but this makes up for it. I love to hate Nishi but I freaking loath Inaba. Can a guy get anymore pathetic? Oku please saVe us from this piece of crap and kill him off.
Are we gonna see just an Italian team or other teams too?
Those Vampires better be careful. Lots of garlic in Italy
Last edited by Nu_Delic; 01-21-2009 at 04:13 PM.
The link for the scanlation of Gantz 290:
Gantz 290 by FH
^Oh, I didn't even bother to post the torrent link as soon as it was out; it slipped my mind.
@ Nu-delic: If the line at the bottom was right, suposedly teams from all over the world will gather...
As for Gantz malfunctioning, I was having this argument with a friend of mine about it.
My theory was that somehow the mission was harder than expected - I don't really think Gantz was victim of any sabotage seeing as the basic functions still were covered, despite the lack of lights and briefing - and that caused all other balls to send in their teams and that created some sourt of problem with the overall system, seeing as it was an emergency or something. I also considered that maybe the computer part of Gantz might be experiencing problems while the human core would be trying to make up for it and so the attempted music and the attempted message screen, even though neither of them worked right.
My friend's theory was that the Gantz system went down and that whoever is behind it tried to get the system to work manually, this way only getting a certain routine from Gantz automatic functions to work; in that case, it'd be opening up the ball for them to retrieve the weapons and the transfer. While trying to activate that specific routine, some others started working too, though glitchy, which would be the case of the song and the message screen.
@ Twilit: I don't know if the vampires'd bother getting the suits, and even if they did, I don't think they had the time - IF they are really able to see in the dark - otherwise they wouldn't be able to get whose case is whose. It'd be nice seeing them with the suits though.
Last edited by Cali; 01-21-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Oh, I've made a little mistake with the theory I posted for the malfunction; mine actually involved a problem with the human component, and the computer not being able to sustain itself, thus resulting in the glitch.
As for wild guesses:
1. It's Cherry's time to shine; aside from Kurono, he was the only who mentioned a off-room motive... last time we saw something like that was Katou thinking of Ayumu during the Nuri mission.
2. Inaba will cowardly hide during a very important battle, keep thinking about how useless is trying to defeat these crazy enemies they are pitied against and then will suddenly go berserk, or draw the enemy's attention resulting in creating an opening for the rest of the team to finally turn the tables (because it'll be something unexpected, since they wouldn't be counting on Inaba in the first place). That way Inaba either dies like a hero - more likely - or lives like a not so hateable character.
3. Reika bites the dust; contrary to Cherry, Kaze, Katou and Kurono, Reika has nothing to live for, aside from just living and getting her own Kurono pet.
Oh god how i laughed! Burst out in laughter !! I was like, wtf is he on about? cut off his arm? then i read super-Katou and remembered back a year or so from the Buddha mission, and then Nuri. Oh god how i lol'd. Good one.
Originally Posted by Cali
I forgot to say, as many pages as Inaba has wasted with his bullshit so far, any bets that his death will atleast cover a few pages and then the team going "Bawww! Inaba!"
Last edited by gantzfredrik; 01-21-2009 at 03:52 PM.
It's Kurono alright, it's just that Oku has changed his style quite a bit.
Main question: Why is Gantz defect?
- First the surprise mission before the invasion...
- No newbies in the room...
- No light and nothing readable on the Gantzball
- The music doesn't work right and the transfer starts right after the ball opens, no one has a chance to get into the suits who didn't have them already...
- The transfer is really too fast compared to over missions before...
- And the mission has already started long before the Tokyo Gantzers arrive...
Wanna know something unnerving?
Look at the vans in the final page. Look at the buildings and the floor. Not a single mark. Just body parts, hardly any blood. It's like they literally didn't put up a fight, and what tore them apart didn't use wanton destruction like in previous missions.