ok ..this is my theory. gantz is actually breaking the boundary between humans and other creatures on earth. these things/creatures really exist man. (yeah..this is reality ) only, they live on a different dimension/plane.
about these different dimensions, we can only see and hear in a certain limited range.
-human hearing range is between 20Hz and 20,000Hz
-human eye can see respond to wavelength in air from 380 to 750 nm
so the creatures might live in ranges that is invisible to normal human senses...
the reason for the disturbance in the natural boundaries is because well, its going to be the end very soon. time and space WILL collapse. but that is another story. just thinking of these gives me the creeps.
but before everything ends, one superior race will emerge, whether its the humans, vamps, or the aliens or et cetera.... and WHY??....
ok, thats my useless theory anyways.
Last edited by near mear; 01-20-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Some of my Gantz theories (Just putting these out their for discussions sake, I don't really believe them, well most)
1) Gantz saves a persons soul at the point of death and gives them a new body, and when Gantz heals people he's repairing their body in the same way he created them a new one. Gantz destroys the bodies of those who die in the game (As seen in the first mission when he causes those whose died heads to explode and such) but leaves the original body in some situations, but only if they die in the game (for example He left the original body of the politician who was dying of cancer) and removes the original body if they survive the game. He will however remove the body if people see the person die in case they do actually survive (Example being he removed all evidence of Kurono and Katou's death when lots of people saw/recorded their death) This is highly likely in order to conceal the existence of Gantz.
2) Gantz is the only real God like force in this world, the black balls being the "Arm" of whatever Godlike force.
3) Gantz isn't actually created or manufactured by humans, similarly to how Gantz told Izumi to rejoin Gantz and to kill many people Gantz told humans to distribute it across the world.
4) Similar to how Gantz recreates bodies Gantz creates the Aliens before the mission.
5) Gantz is an alien expiration on human nature/temperament and such, or done for the Aliens amusement. Or it is an experiment done by Humans on humans.
6) A sort of God like entity (Well that would make it a God) create Gantz as a way to arm humanity to defend itself from alien invaders and to manipulate what is happening in the physical/real world (Which explains the technology and seemingly impossible weapons) and humanity is its chosen species.
7) They call going invisible changing frequencies because the suit causes them to change the "life frequency" they are on, kind of like various platforms of existence that overlap each other. The evidence for this being that it is possible for you to see them if you have the right equipment/technology when they are invisible, but those with that technology seem to be incapable of going invisible themselves, which shows that they can't manipulate the physical to change frequencies but they understand it well enough to be able to see into different frequencies.
Also some aliens and the Gantzers during the mission are set on a different frequency, so that people do not see them and gain some sort of understanding of Gantz, but when the "charade" seems to be over Gantz merged them into the "main frequency" which is why they could then be seen again.
Gantz respects Nishi because of Nishi's social Darwinism, his realism and his will for self preservation, which are in keeping with the Gantz ideology. Which would explain why he calls Nishi "Mr Nishi" and responds well when Nishi asks to be transferred first, or to hurry up the transfer, but not so much when Kurono does. And also doesn't mind when Nishi describes Gantz and its hunts. Though this may be due to loophole where Nishi doesn't directly name everything - such as he refers to Gantz as the black ball, the suit as "a special suit".
9) Nishi knows how to integrate technology/interact with Gantz, my basis for that being Nishi could bring up all the pictures of those who died on a phone, in the same style and pictures Gantz used to display, the pictures clearly not having been manually taken.
10) When the aliens get sent up, Gantz is merely deleting their biomass from reality OR transferring their mass back to their home world/some Gantz place.
11) The Gantz reality isn't real, its like The Matrix in the film series of the same name, a huge number of humans are simply plugged into a Virtual Reality world, which explains the frequencies thing.
Or most people in Gantz are simulations and those who ever join Gantz are people who where abducted and forced into the Gantz reality just waiting 'til the moment of their virtual death to make them puppets in the Gantz game.
12) The transfer is actually Gantz breaking your body down into mass at the most basic level, takes where ever at super speeds and then rebuilds you based on what it remembers. When you are transferred back it does this except it repairs the damages to your body so it matches what it originally remembers from the transfer at the start of the mission.
13) The religious cult in Germany based on Gantz are responsible for the distribution of the Gantz spheres, having been ordered too by some divine force (based on the whole God theory) and they believe that the Gantzers are those chosen by the God/s to carry out the deities/Gods will. And that the religious cult are the forerunners/care takers to Gantz's spheres in the world.
The religious cult is made up of Gantzers or survivors of Gantz who slowly regained their memory and then banded together in worshipping Gantz (Well wouldn't you if some God like power showed itself to you? Saved you from death and gave you the means to survive in every day life in the worst of situations and chose YOu [at random] to carry out its will and cleanse the host planet)
14) The Gantz entity was the progenitor of all life (or all sentient life) on Earth and when it realised the Earth was slowly being invaded it create the Gantz game/hunts as a means of preservation.
Or Gantz is what caused the sudden leap of civilisation that happened many millennia ago, when humans had basically no civilisation or technology, then suddenly began creating and founding societies and such.
15) Gantz is actually real and has chosen Oku to be its prophet amongst the world, to better prepare us.
16) Gantz is real but some names and circumstances have been changed to protect its identity, Oku was a Gantzer but doing as Nishi did on his website he changed names and skirted specifics violating the rules.
Or Oku just created Gantz to tease us Gantz junkies eternally.
I'm gonna stop now or it will seem like I'm spamming, have fun debating these theories, I had fun thinking them up
Your dimension theory could be what they means by frequencies, and your comments on human eyesight also coincides with the fact Vampires wear special contact lenses to see the Gantzer when he/she changes frequencies but don't seem able to hear them. And how when in the game nobody is able to hear/see the Gantzers and sometimes the aliens, Gantz transfers them onto a different "plain of existence".
Originally Posted by near mear
^Don't doublepost, please. Use the "edit" button.
@ Nishi -
1) Sounds likely
2 and 3) Nah, the German factory put paid to those theories
4) Maybe, I doubt it though. I think the aliens being man-made Species-style experiments are more likely.
5) I'd say Humans on humans, using alien tech.
6) Again, the German factory put paid to that.
7) I agree with near mear's frequency theory more than this
Gantz puts the -kun suffix on many hunters names after they've built a rep. He didnt call Nishi, "Mr. Nishi", he called him Nishi-kun. He also had this suffix on Izumi and now Kurono has this suffix too. Its like an earned title in Gantz (though kinda a lowly suffix IMO).
9) Nishi could have learned to interact with Gantz by a vet previous to the series or a poster on his web-page's forum.
11) lol, could be
12) Hmm, I'm not too sure about this one, but there arent that many theories on what the transfer actually does to the body.
13) I agree more with the first point. Still, Im not a fan of Gantz involved with Divinity yet.
14) Nah, theres the German factory.
15 and 16) lol yup
1. Sounds unlikely. The "soul" concept don't really work in Gantz in my opinion, there's that Kishimoto matter too... And the memories deal.
2 & 3. I see what you mean, but I still agree with Ikari.
4. No. Pay attention to earlier missions, also to the Oni mission; the Tanaka aliens were frequent costumers of a certain store, the Onion alien lived in an apartment, and the Onion dad had a bag with him, possibly from a grocery store or something. The Oni aliens worked with the vampires and had some sort of detector of the hunters signal and trie to surprise attack them. Also, disguised as humans, they were already part of the crowd.
5. By humans on humans, ok.
6. Nop, I agree with Ikari.
7. I don't really buy the whole other dimension deal, because the change in frequency works for the sight and hearing, but they are still objects in the same dimension as everyone, and the aliens interact with people outside missions alright.
8. "But not so much when Kurono does"? I wonder what you meant by that. Anyhow, it's "Nishi-kun" in the original, "Mr. Nishi" is just an adaptation. Izumi is also "Izumi-kun" by the way. And the four eyes in the first mission was also called "Megane-kun". I've theorized that the "kun" honorific might mean Gantz preference, since the manual states Kurono has been caled "Kurono-kun" at some point, but I didn't really see in which mission that was, because on the raws I have he's not referred as such, though I don't have the raw volumes for the ending of the budha mission. As for the website, well, other gantzers also publish that kind of thing, as Nishi said, so I don't think it's a special case.
9. ... what?
10. I don't think so. Though we aren't clear about that, the transfer area might have limitations, seeing as that giant Katou tried sending only got his head sent and was, therefore killed. If you look back at the Budha mission, during Katou's figth with the Kannon goddess of mercy, you'll see that even after detaching the head, the rest of the shell body continued to be sent. It'd be nice if Oku would give us mroe clarification to the mechanism behind the y-gun...
11. I don't really think so.
12. Most likely I have posted my own theory on transfer mechanics on my old transfer thread, as well as on some recent posts distribued among several chapter threads...
13 & 14. I think we're still to see what the cult is all about, as well as Gantz and the factory. And I heavily disregard the "god' idea. Still, if those lines in the introduction mean something and are not just random nothing, then I could agree... but now it seems unlikely due to said factory and the narrator comment, even though the comments sometimes don't mean much themselves.
Also, your reply to near mear has a mistake; even though the vampires only put on lens, they are able to hear the hunters alright. Remember HS talked to Izumi before he got transferred at the end of the dino mission?
yup2..thats what i mean...different frequency, different "plane of existence"... different dimension.
Originally Posted by Nishi-Got The Life
i reckon that some people around the world figured that there were aliens existing on this world, one way or another. Then they basically would have wondered how they could prepare to defend themselves against aliens, and the answer they came up with is gantz. It makes more sense to secretly prepare the world, than to just tell everyone that aliens exist and everyone should work to fight them, as all this would do is cause panic. So rather than actually picking people to help fight they pick dead people to keep the secrecy going, and the gantz dudes also make it so if they tell any1 theyre head explodes.
Sounds like the big Gantz ball could be the shifting maze from the movie Cube lol.
Originally Posted by ravee123
Cube had a good theory on where messed up military/inventive projects come from (such as a Gantz ball). First someone say, plausibily from the Bush/Cheney administration orders some detainee project to solve a torture/execution interest... The project is given to many people who only do their small part and continue doing it, only focusing on their job. They make lots of money contracted out by the government. Once the project is in motion the head is severed (say whoever started it covered their tracks and abandoned the project, or was taken out by someone else covering themselves). Now the project has none of it's original direction and runs itself. People started it, but now it runs itself according to procedure.
Last edited by ZhiMing; 03-10-2009 at 03:36 PM.
that was one fuggin awesome movie.
Originally Posted by ZhiMing
Tags for this Thread