View Poll Results: Who will die next? (Who should die next?)
- 42. You may not vote on this poll
Who will die next?
Who will die next or who should die next?
Mysterious panda that has gathered around 40 points. Almost nothing is known about this participant. What caused him to die? Did he replace the dog, and what happened to the dog anyway?
2. Masaru Kato
Masaru Kato is summoned, along with Kurono, by Gantz after they were hit by a subway train while helping an unconscious hobo who fell on the tracks. He is an old friend of Kurono. At school, he acts as a guardian to the weaker students who often find themselves bullied, getting himself a bit of a reputation for fighting.
3. Kei Kurono
Kei Kurono is the main protagonist of the series. Kei is a 10th grader who is summoned by Gantz, along with Masaru Kato, after being hit by a subway train in an effort to help a hobo who passes out on the tracks. In the beginning, he is a rather selfish character who often ends up being the reluctant hero. After Nurarihyon is killed, he is revived by Masaru Kato but remembers nothing beyond his choice to leave after the Oni Mission.
4. Joichiro Nishi
Joichiro Nishi is a middle-school veteran of the Gantz world, having arrived there over a year before the beginning of the series. While running away from police officers after shoplifting, he fled onto an apartment building roof where he fell to his death. Much like how Kurono started out, he is also selfish and has a Social Darwinist approach to life. Nishi is reluctant to reveal anything about the Gantz or himself, but he runs a web site where he posts information about it (carefully avoiding Gantz's rule about informing outsiders, which would in turn prove fatal). Gantz calls him "Mr. Nishi," which is rather interesting given how informally or derisively he refers to most of the other participants.
5. Yoshikazu Suzuki
Yoshikazu Suzuki, best known as "Old Man"*. Not much is known about him except that he is a fairly old widower who has a grandson. Surprisingly, it does not take long for Kurono to grow attached to him and vice versa. He sees Kurono as a role model, and even gives his 100 points to revive his friend Masaru Kato so that Kei may leave the game. He sees Kurono as the world's hope for "survival". He has saved Kei's life multiple times and he emulates Kei.
6. Hiroto Sakurai
Hiroto Sakurai is a psychic who receives instructions on how to unlock his latent powers from Sakata after attempting suicide. He is then encouraged by Sakata to kill his bullies who sexually abused him with the use of his powers, which he does. However, he later regrets it, realizing how it feels to be a murderer. Gantz calls him "Cherry", taken from the Japanese Sakura and which is his online handle. As of 279 hes no longer a "Cherry", sexual reference. He has a girlfriend named Tonkotsu who he first met after he murdered the people who abused him. With her, he is seen trying to catch murderers using his psychic powers, in order to further redeem himself.
Reika is a beautiful, young and popular idol. Like almost everyone else, she is caught in the line of fire during Izumi's killing spree in Shinjuku. She develops a crush on Kurono after seeing him in action during her first night as a participant in the game. Surprisingly enough, she proves to be a formidable opponent against the Aliens. She uses her points to resurrect Tae because she wants Kurono to be happy.
8. Daizemon Kaze
Daizaemon Kaze is a tall and incredibly powerful martial artist who comes from the countryside to Tokyo looking for a good fight. He first meets Gantz after the Shinjuku massacre, where he makes a valiant yet doomed attempt at stopping Izumi. He seems to care about Takeshi, a young child who admires Kaze as his "Muscle Rider" savior. After the Oni Aliens mission he collects slightly over 100 points, but chooses to remain in the Gantz game in order to both continue testing his strength and fighting skills against more powerful enemies and to protect Takeshi. He is the only team member who doesn't use weapons, relying on nothing but the Gantz Suit which amplifies his already incredible strength.
9. Kouki Inaba
Kouki Inaba is an ordinary Joe, gunned down in the Shinjuku massacre. His full-time occupation is later revealed to be as a designer. He is the only participant apart from Izumi that does not train with Kurono as he thinks Kurono should not be leader. He even sides with Izumi during the Tae Alien mission to assassinate Tae. Eventually, he realizes his only chance of survival is under Kurono's guidance.
Takeshi is a young boy of toddler's age who dies due to parental abuse (his mother's boyfriend beats him to death for eating his pudding). He draws a fictional hero called "Muscle Rider" before his death, and when he awakes inside Gantz's room as a participant in the game he believes that Kaze is his "Muscle Rider".
X. Ikawa A.K.A HS and Kill Bill A.K.A Chigusa/Chiaki
I forgot these people existed. The vampires.
Last edited by IAmSorry; 01-02-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Inaba must die, heheh but he must say something like "I love.. yo..u....reika..ugh" and die
I'll just ask this, since I'm not really in any mood to digest the rest:
Where is stated in the manga that Suzuki has a grandson?
Or is it manual info?
Also, the panda's name is Hoi Hoi.
And if you're really going with a thread like this, why not add Hikawa aka HS and Kill Bill aka Chigusa/Chiaki to the list, huh?
Oh, poll limitation, I see.
Then you could've used the following strategy: group up Kaze and Takeshi since they shouldn't really be able to live without one another, and make another item with HS/KB.
Last edited by Cali; 01-01-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Nope, if takeshi die, it can be kaze's motivation to collect 100 points to revive takeshi, and vice versa.
Originally Posted by Cali
Hmm, it could work too for HS and KB case. So don't group em up.
The old man mentioned his grandson in the Dino Mission. I think he said something like how he was about Kurono's age or some other similiarity and crap. Nothing interesting, but yeah, I definitely remember it being mentioned.
As for who should/will die, I have a feeling that in the next mission or Katastrophe, that a great part of the current team will die in one go, except people like Katou and Kurono. Here's my predictions:
- Panda: we see him kicking ass with that suit and tearing up a whole lot of aliens for about a chapter, then he runs into the boss or a mini-boss and gets killed in one hit.
- Old man: Fights side-by-side with Kurono and the rest of the team and does reasonably well, then gets pwned while they try to take out a boss or mini-boss together. He will probably be the first, reasonably important character to die.
- Sakurai: Might be the last one to die. I have a feeling he'll hang on until the very end and will end up giving his life to fight a 100-point boss with his psychic powers, possibly giving Kurono, Katou or someone else the chance to finish it off. It's also possible that he'll merely get wounded and bleed to death before Gantz transfers him back.
- Reika: With her new, Kurono-of-her-own obsession, she'll desperately try to get 100 points next mission and ends up kicking a ton of ass. However, she doesn't think things through enough and maybe even ignores Kurono's advice, risking everything for points, fights the boss on her own and gets killed. It's possible Inaba protects her, though, and she ends up surviving because of it.
- Kaze & Takeshi: We get a repeat of what happened in the Nuri Mission, except this time, Takeshi gets killed. Kaze vows to revive him by killing the boss and using his 100 points, fails aswell, but probably gets in a couple good hits before he's killed.
- Inaba: Ends up surprising everyone by fighting together and killing a few aliens, but cowers again after witnessing the power of the boss and fellow Gantz members getting killed. When Reika is in trouble, he tries to protect her and gives his life to make it happen. It's possible Reika still gets killed afterwards, though.
- Chigusa/Kill Bill: Wears the Gantz suit along with Host Samurai, kicks a lot of ass, dies trying to save him from the boss. Might get revived afterwards.
Now, as for those that survive and why:
- Kurono: Main character, l33t h5xx0r sk1llz, needs to beat a 100-point boss at least once and was recently revived. He'll probably surprise everyone by not reviving anyone from the team and getting an H-Gun or another 100-point weapon.
- Katou: Will finally prove his worth and gets a lot of points. Probably work together with Kurono to take down the boss. It's possible he'll revive someone afterwards or that he'll realise it's a waste of points.
- Nishi: Tries to kill-steal again, fails, but survives. Finally gets a 100 points next mission and gets an H-Gun or revives Izumi.
- Host Samurai: Wears a suit, kicks ass, get wounded, but survives the mission. If he gets a 100 points, he'll revive Chigusa.
@ IAmSorry: Yeah, morten showed me the volume where Suzuki mentions his grandson a bit after I posted, but I got too lazy to edit it. My bad.
As for Hoi Hoi, it's not a nickname, just read the manga. It's the name given to the animal in the zoo where it lives.
Also, HS's name is Hikawa, not Ikawa.
As for the Takeshi/Kaze deal, indeed, I was a bit out of my mind - forgot they were now living with the old man.
^And it was confirmed as Hikawa in the gantz manual, written by oku, so it's considered cannon
Last edited by Shin_Igami; 01-02-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Originally Posted by Popothepenguin
Originally Posted by Shin_Igami
WTF voted for Kurono? xD
I voted for Reika and Inaba.
Inaba is just a crazy mofo and does nothing during missions.Although he could change into a super killing soldier to win Reikaīs heart (....donīt think that will happen but whatever).
Reika could become a dangerous factor for the whole Team...they have enough to deal with while on a mission - a disturbed Reika wouldnīt help them at all. But she also could get interesting without having to die...
As for Nishi:I donīt think heīll die again without doing something of importance,that is giving some info to Kurono on Catastrophe or something.He also is a crazy mofo,but his experience could help them a lot when Catastrophe commences.
Someone vote for katou too... If he dies what will happen to his little brother, too sad to think about it TT
Tags for this Thread