Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 84
  1. #61
    Shin_Igami is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Why do you want to know? Wutz wit U? Joo wanna R0X0RZ MY B0X0RZ?
    Posts
    1,646

    Default

    ^lol, i've taken much more shit over even less (Katou rocks, f*ck you shin_igami comes to mind)... well, i am perfectly honest with myself, i've also given people shit over even less (the giant "get off my back" i posted when someone said kurono might not be coming back in chapter 2xx comes to mind) ... take it easy, no one's perfect. This kind of stuff happens all the time in every forum. If you fight over who's right/wrong every time something like that happens, we might as well re-subtitle the gantz sub with "Come here to fight over gantz!!!".
    Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying you weren't right just now, but well, if you do stay here, or keep posting, even in a different forum, something like that WILL happen again... so well yeah, not much point getting angry over it...

    On the coming chapter: Again, assuming you beat me to it, go with the current format for naming new threads i.e. Gantz 283-284 Spoilers, Discussion, Prediction.
    My boring mod-wannabe bs out of the way, even though this is supposed to be a "prediction" thread, i haven't read almost any of that... personally, i'm not sure what the next chapter is gonna be about. We might see some katou, but then again, oku has been known for chaining kuronos in the off-mission chapter. We might also see some cherry/kaze/reika, or something along the lines of how cherry was introduced (i.e. a short story that doesn't involve any of the present gantz chars). Oku could also jump the gun on us and do something like a CNN coverage of the alien phenomenon around the world... I am thinking 30% kurono again/30% katou/20% anyone of the other gantzers/10% new member story/10% something unexpected.
    Last edited by Shin_Igami; 10-14-2008 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Popothepenguin View Post
    its kinda pathetic how much time people (including me) on this thread spend thinking about every little thing that goes on in Gantz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin_Igami View Post
    I suppose it comes from not having any new Gantz to talk about... I feel like a Junkie... o.O

  2. #62
    Cali is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,565

    Default

    Why, let's have some predictions then!

    I somehow don't think the next chapter will be focused on Kurono. Therefore, assuming the main character for 283 is

    Katou: Worried about the catastrophe, he either goes to Nishi to ask for more information or to Osaka. He might try checking on Anzu's kid and find nerdo.

    Reika: Kikuchi appears to Reika and tries to obtain info from her.
    I find it unlikely, because it's not like Reika knows much about Gantz. However, we also don't know how much Kikuchi actually knows, so he might ask about how she came into the room, what exactly goes on there - he could inquire about those because we also don't know whether he knows of the headbomb restriction on information.

    Nishi: we are shown a bit of Nishi's normal behavior outside Gantz, like his relation to his family - and his mother complex, maybe - or he might get into contact with someone we don't know of, maybe a member of another team, either by messaging or meeting the person - or the contrary, he might be contacted by someone from other teams.

    Cherry: He grives over Sakata's death and tries to have a nice day with Tonkotsu. He might either try training his skills because of feeing powerless in the last mission. And we might catch a glimpse of him and Tonkotsu in bed. (It's Oku we're talking about).

    Kaze & Takeshi: Somehow I don't think they'd make a significant appearance. Maybe one or two pages, like the time Kaze decided to stay with Takeshi. In this case, only thing that comes to my mind would be Kaze feeling a bit guilty for not being able to protect Takeshi adequately and maybe he telling Takeshi to be strong or something in case Kaze dies and the kid has to live on his own.

    Kikuchi: Is contacted by the vampires, or is running way from them. Gets information on the cult. Tries to contact Nishi - after all, he's the owner of the site in which Kikuchi got Kurono's name.

    Vampires: I don't think they'll show up this soon, but who knows. My bet is that we'd be shown vampires with higher status than HS, and maybe he being questioned about the mission - killing Kurono. We might also see Chigusa or HS himself trying to explain about having been trapped by Gantz and getting an alarm response from the bombs.

    Old Man: He either calls for a meeting with the other members, or maybe he is visited by Inaba, since old Suzuki is the only one on the team who gives a damn to crying boy there. More unlikely, Suzuki visits Kurono intending to talk about what they should be doing but seeing Kurono with Tae makes him change his mind and not trouble his hero with that.

    Now, wanna bet the chapter will end up having none of the above, not even in the slighest? ^^'

  3. #63
    Shin_Igami is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Why do you want to know? Wutz wit U? Joo wanna R0X0RZ MY B0X0RZ?
    Posts
    1,646

    Default

    I still haven't given up on Tae dying of a heart attack (or something similarly random) and Kurono hooking up with Reika - Oku has been wriggling that ero-scene under our noses for far too long now...

    "Is he still going on about that?"
    "You don't give up do you?"
    "You want some Reika Ero that bad?"
    "(etc)"

    Well, i've been saying Kurono would be back for well over six months now, and well despite what popular wisdom he is... that's why, i will keep on believing in ReikaXKurono... IT WILL HAPPEN AND SOON!!! MARK MY WORDS!!!
    Last edited by Shin_Igami; 10-15-2008 at 08:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Popothepenguin View Post
    its kinda pathetic how much time people (including me) on this thread spend thinking about every little thing that goes on in Gantz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin_Igami View Post
    I suppose it comes from not having any new Gantz to talk about... I feel like a Junkie... o.O

  4. #64
    Flashblade is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Not gonna happen. He loves her.
    Even if she dies he can probably revive since Gantz has her in his memory

  5. #65
    Lucky.Freak is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    172

    Default

    You cannot predict the next chapter at all, because i guess the next chapters will all be offroom, so we can't do anything but bet on which charakters will be shown first.

    We already had a kurono szene in the last chapter, and at the Moment I am really envious about Nishi.

    I mean, it annoyed me when Nishi just died like this in the second mission, but after like the fifth mission is just dealt with not seeing some charakters I liked again, because it didn't seem to fit in to revive non-maincharakters in the later missions.

    But now it's really the time to show us some Nishi stuff.

    I am also sure we are gonna see something Vampire related in the next chapters, I assume the reporter will have a part in it.

    Would be a wasted charakter elseways, I always thought he was a good idea of Oku.

    The thing we are definitely going to see is a katou szene, or even several katou szenes.

    I can't think of a thrilling one though, but I hope Oku can.
    Katou was the main charakter of the Nuri Mission, and I am sure the Nuri Mission had a strong impact on him.
    Possibly he will research stuff about Religion/Katastrophe cuz Nuris words don't get outta his mind.

  6. #66
    Cali is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,565

    Default

    @ Shin:
    No no no, no Reika-Kurono. *me = Tae fan*
    I wonder if Oku'll end up with pairing obviousness like Inaba and Reika.

    Now, as far as Tae dying is concerned, if that were to happen sometime in the future and lead to the revivals ceasing, and Kurono getting colder, maybe he'd bang Reika for almost the same reason as he had sex with Sei, I think.

    As for Reika, I see either she doing something almost unexpected and glorious or dying and making Inaba more of a man, maybe with his drive being ressurect her...

    @ Lucky Freak: Indeed, now that you say, it's likely Nuri's words might affect Katou in some way.

  7. #67
    Twilit Prince is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Not sure if I'm repeating something here, but has anyone noticed that Ryou's wearing boxing gloves when he's beating the shit out of Kurono in his flashback? So's Kurono, by the way. If they were having a fight like that, that probably means Ryou has some skill.

    I don't know about Natsu, but that means Ryou really could have some decent skill as a Gantzer. I'm getting more certain that Ryou will end up in the room. Perhaps there will be another alien attack in Tokyo next time, Ryou gets killed and Gantz immediately enlists him along with other n00bs before the mission starts.

  8. #68
    Shin_Igami is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Why do you want to know? Wutz wit U? Joo wanna R0X0RZ MY B0X0RZ?
    Posts
    1,646

    Default

    I really don't like this chapter at all - Oku has been throwing the "I'm better than Kurono" sub-scenario at us for well over 100 chapters now... this is getting very old... it's almost as if he thought, "well Kurono's back, so let me make up some random retard who thinks kurono isn't worth shit, kill him, put him in the room, then make him realise how shit he is on mission, then he'll see Kurono (and reika sticking up his ass like some love-starved puppy) and think "i'm better" then try to do shit, and fail miserably, and then Inaba will cheer him up/old man give him pointers/etc. Eventually, he'll come to respect or not hate kurono some 20-40 chapters later."
    If that's how it turns out, then IMO, it's a very cheap way to fill chapter slots...
    Quote Originally Posted by Popothepenguin View Post
    its kinda pathetic how much time people (including me) on this thread spend thinking about every little thing that goes on in Gantz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin_Igami View Post
    I suppose it comes from not having any new Gantz to talk about... I feel like a Junkie... o.O

  9. #69
    Twilit Prince is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    360

    Default

    ^It is a little repetitive. The only one 'true rival' for Kurono, in my opinion, is Izumi and character-wise, Nishi is the perfect antagonist for Katou.

    Still, I don't think Ryou's gonna turn out to be another lame-ass like Inaba. He really seems to have an enormous dislike for Kurono and when he sees how strong Kurono really is and what he deals with in the missions, he'll desperately improve because he can't stand the fact that Kurono isn't as weak as he first thought. My biggest wish would be for the Tokyo Team to get some more ruthless n00bs and split in half between them and the 'good team'.

    If he gets into the room, Ryou will probably be a bitch in his first mission and if he survives, it'll only be because someone like Katou told him to put the suit on and stay low. After that, though, he might change pretty quickly (unlike Inaba).

  10. #70
    Shin_Igami is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Why do you want to know? Wutz wit U? Joo wanna R0X0RZ MY B0X0RZ?
    Posts
    1,646

    Default

    ^"He'll bitch for his first mission, then get around in the next one"... How many years is that going to take? Counting 10 inter-arc chapters, and 20 mission chapters (being very optismistic) it's still going to take more than one year for ONE mission. Everything you've pointed is interesting to see, no doubt, but it's just sub-scenarios, and at the end of the day, sub-scenarios delay the advancement of the main plot... In a biweekly manga like gantz, anything that can potentially delay plot development by 10 chapters or so is bad thing, at least in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Popothepenguin View Post
    its kinda pathetic how much time people (including me) on this thread spend thinking about every little thing that goes on in Gantz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin_Igami View Post
    I suppose it comes from not having any new Gantz to talk about... I feel like a Junkie... o.O

 

 
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162