Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 118
  1. #101
    Angryman is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Alright, we're finally done with the second mission. Whew.
    I'm going to post the OOC thread for the next mission sometime today or tomorrow, so be prepared. Returning players should update their character sheets, saying what their characters have done with the time in between missions. There will be about 2 weeks in between this last mission and the next one(in the game's time line), so shape your character's break accordingly. All of the current newbies will also post your character sheets in the new thread so I may see who's still active and who isn't. I will be updating the rules and mechanics of the game as well, so make sure you pay attention to it all.
    If you had any comments on my performance, also post them please, I would like some constructive criticism.. Don't just say 'lol u suk', explain your reasoning, if you please.
    Anyways, let's hope this next mission will fare a little better.

  2. #102
    A.K
    A.K is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Well, it would be cool if there would be MORE ( I MEAN MOAR) dangeoures aliens as targets, more players, maybe a gantz bike would be cool, and of course, moar points would be neat too :P Oh, and I'm gonna put Brandon in action at the next mission, I want him to be the first mute-gantzer (although I thought to make him talk a little bit if he is asked) ;P. Oh, and I didn't actually read much, but this felt an okay for a first mission, but I hope the next mission will be awesome :P oh, and angryman, try to be more Gantz like, be an asshole to players and stuff D

  3. #103
    1 Hit Point is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Swanky Street.
    Posts
    143

    Default

    You do realise a severe spike in difficulty limits our chances of survival, right? If my character is going to die I would at least prefer he survive longer than 15 minutes into a mission. =\
    In order to 'acknowledge' the 'irony' I would have to learn two new words today.

    ...

    ...And I'm not going to do that.

  4. #104
    Palpatine is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Um... AK, if next time there will be a dozen Skittles, we'll be pretty much fucked. ^^
    Well, in my opinion it was a good mission. The end was rough, but overall it was okay. But, after all, it's the opinion of the girl who had only two limbs.

    No, seriously, I think it was quite a good level the mission was on. Maybe next time fighting four bosses, one of them together with his hords (being the weakest, even a bit less strong the the weakest boss in this mission), two fighting together (maybe a bit stronger than the mech, but weaker than the tanuki, as they would be pretty strong together) and a one for the final showdown (maybe a bit above the Tanuki's level). Plus, of course, lots of aliens. As Gantz is a bastard, maybe some more than this time, being as strong as these? Or maybe a bit weaker.

    I think, we would be able to survive that, being in a greater number next time, with several experienced Gantzers. But it's up to you. ^^

  5. #105
    Hadou is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Make the next mission medium with either a mid boss or no boss. Like say giant hamsters with liquid taffy for blood that hardens as it leaves their body....and bull horns
    Also you should make it a point on which characters brought their suit home, to see if any might be unable to grab it in time of the transfer into the room, or however you want to do that. But overall ti was good just make sure you stick with the random results for this mission, as I know you wanted to end it as fast as possible considering we started in the middle/near the end, but in general it would feel that much more gantzness overall.
    And I agree, being more of a dick when using gantz will probably feel more true.

    ^I say slice it down to two and make a giant appear while we fight 2 bosses at once while that thing shows up. Wpu8ld make for an interesting split to say the least, but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY. No Nuri type monsters until we have someone thats almost at Oka's level.

  6. #106
    Angryman is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A.K View Post
    Well, it would be cool if there would be MORE ( I MEAN MOAR) dangeoures aliens as targets, more players, maybe a gantz bike would be cool, and of course, moar points would be neat too :P Oh, and I'm gonna put Brandon in action at the next mission, I want him to be the first mute-gantzer (although I thought to make him talk a little bit if he is asked) ;P. Oh, and I didn't actually read much, but this felt an okay for a first mission, but I hope the next mission will be awesome :P oh, and angryman, try to be more Gantz like, be an asshole to players and stuff D
    The next mission is going to be much more dangerous, I assure you. I was only lenient during this mission because there was a 2 month hiatus. Shit's going down in this next mission. All of the things you listed will depend on the players. This was kind of rough due to the whole me being inexperienced and wanting it to be over as quickly as possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Palpatine View Post
    Um... AK, if next time there will be a dozen Skittles, we'll be pretty much fucked. ^^
    Well, in my opinion it was a good mission. The end was rough, but overall it was okay. But, after all, it's the opinion of the girl who had only two limbs.
    Yeah, I was rushing the ending there. It would have been a lot cooler, especially the kung-fu fight between Dino and Skittles, had I just been working normally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Palpatine View Post
    No, seriously, I think it was quite a good level the mission was on. Maybe next time fighting four bosses, one of them together with his hords (being the weakest, even a bit less strong the the weakest boss in this mission), two fighting together (maybe a bit stronger than the mech, but weaker than the tanuki, as they would be pretty strong together) and a one for the final showdown (maybe a bit above the Tanuki's level). Plus, of course, lots of aliens. As Gantz is a bastard, maybe some more than this time, being as strong as these? Or maybe a bit weaker.

    I think, we would be able to survive that, being in a greater number next time, with several experienced Gantzers. But it's up to you. ^^
    I'm not going to put more than one boss in a mission for a little while. It was against my wishes for this mission, but I had to play along with it or risk being inconsistent with the beginning of the mission a few months ago.
    But this next mission is going to be much more dangerous, especially for beginning players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hadou View Post
    Make the next mission medium with either a mid boss or no boss. Like say giant hamsters with liquid taffy for blood that hardens as it leaves their body....and bull horns
    As...interesting an alien that may be, I already have an idea of what the next kind is going to look like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadou View Post
    Also you should make it a point on which characters brought their suit home, to see if any might be unable to grab it in time of the transfer into the room, or however you want to do that. But overall ti was good just make sure you stick with the random results for this mission, as I know you wanted to end it as fast as possible considering we started in the middle/near the end, but in general it would feel that much more gantzness overall.
    And I agree, being more of a dick when using gantz will probably feel more true.
    I am indeed making a note of it...hmm, I forgot to mention that players should clearly mention that they're bringing the suit home with them. Ah well. Just include that in your character sheets, returning players.
    Yeah, once we got to the end I was just trying to run it as smooth as possible. It will be more random next mission.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hadou View Post
    ^I say slice it down to two and make a giant appear while we fight 2 bosses at once while that thing shows up. Wpu8ld make for an interesting split to say the least, but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY. No Nuri type monsters until we have someone thats almost at Oka's level.
    Next mission won't have bosses. But the Out of the Room storyline right after that might. WE WILL SEE.

  7. #107
    Feanor is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,778

    Default

    That someone who took the suit home get's called into a hunt and doesn't grab it, is a very good idea.
    That should happen at least once.

    Because the players don't know (like we do from reading Gantz) that you don't get a new one.
    They took it with them to train. There is no danger for them outside of the missions yet, so there is no real reason why the would have it on them all day long.
    Taking that into account it seems very likely that one of them might forget to grab it before they get frozen for the transfer.

    It's the same with the walking out of bounds and talking to someone about Gantz.
    Those are normal things to do.
    Some people just try to get home, and get blown up, just like some talk about Gantz and suffer the consequence.
    Most people that start hearing an alarm in their head don't think "maybe I shouldn't go any further". That Koi did was only because Hadou has read Gantz and knew what would happen if he didn't go back (but we would all have done the same).

    The point is, they can only learn about that stuff if they see it happen at least once.
    Just let some npc's try to get home, a character follows them to persuade them to stay and see's them get blown up. He makes the deduction, tells the others and it's common knowledge.
    The same thing can happen with talking about it. On their way home a npc walks the same way as a character. He get's commentent upon the strange suit, talks about what happened and get's blown up. Again, knowledge gained.
    "For Feanor was made the mightiest in all parts of body and mind, in valour, in endurance, in beauty, in understanding, in skill, in strength and subtlety alike, of all the Children of Illuvatar, and a bright flame was in him"

  8. #108
    Hadou is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    955

    Default

    ^Actually Koi has been fairly cautious of the strange since the first mission, so if it wasnt mentioned to him about the head explodey thing, he would have just stopped, debated on what the noise was about, and in the end decided not to go that way in fear of something he didn't know happening, happening. I just did a shit explination on the thought process at the time and just went with "damn looks like I cant go there." which was mainly my fault as I wrote the characters actions, but if my character wasnt soemone who nit picked at minute details he probably would have continued, thus dieing. But yeah I would be lieing if I said soem forknowing knlowlege on my end made that possible.

  9. #109
    Minus192 is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    136

    Default

    it makes me wonder what would make the next mission dangerous for new players; especially since there is a lot of us. i just hope my character doesn't make any mistakes.

  10. #110
    1 Hit Point is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Swanky Street.
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Amen. I've decide to read through the past two missions in order to get a sense for the atmosphere. Thankfully my character is already somewhat of a strategist so that may keep him alive long enough to assist the vets.
    In order to 'acknowledge' the 'irony' I would have to learn two new words today.

    ...

    ...And I'm not going to do that.

 

 
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79