Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Eh, it struck me as just another case of Oku changing his character's personalities around to suit the purposes of the story he's trying to tell.

  2. #12
    Caican is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    13

    Default

    True, but still, the gang suddenly starting acting like a bunch of wimps was strange.

  3. #13
    BrkngTheHbt is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadameSole View Post
    Precisely. That IS intentional killing right there, killing with the intent to save oneself or the one you love.
    And shooting people with the gun is an act of direct fatal attacking...I mean, it breaks the suit and then if fired again kills the person...The suit would be broken because they were fired on...
    You do know there's a difference between murder, killing, and self-defense, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadameSole View Post
    Nope...Izumi doesn't fight to protect those he loves (don't count the lame last minute girlfriend thing)...What manga are you reading? No...that's not the same, or ironic...
    Generally Izumi is a 2D psycho who'll kill anyone and anything.
    Kurono is however willing to fight and kill to protect himself and the ones he loves.
    Similarities? Irony?
    Right...
    Notice that I said Kurono would become like Izumi and NOT Izumi would become like Kurono. If Kurono would've actually INTENTIONALLY deathpunched that one dude(which he didn't) OR YOUR wish of Kurono going all "shonen-jump/naruto/goku/supersayan/berserk" on Izumi's ass after Tae's death... then he'd be not better than Izumi.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadameSole View Post
    Kurono's perverse feelings are just lust, fine...the difference is that Kurono's lust about Reika is fine in that Reika wants him back and that Kurono generally keeps it down because......
    Um... Kishi never liked Kurono but he still felt her up. Like I said... "thinking" about hanky panky is OK but actually "doing" the hanky panky is not OK.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadameSole View Post
    2.) Sleeping...using Sei? Sei was totally willing partner who is interested and eventually likes Kurono during their short time together. Reika has absolutely no interest in Inaba whatsoever. There was no use or jealousy...Do you know what the word "jealousy" means? No.
    Don't even try to use Sei as a point...you'll embarass yourself...
    Well... this is the part that ppl interpret differently meine gute Freundin. Personally, I believe that Kurono had a crush on Kishi, Kishi had a crush on Katou, and Katou was oblivious to it all(which is why I think Kishi will stay "dead").

    Kurono was "jealous" of Katou and Kishi but then he met a busty tomb raider called Sei. Kurono was "jealous/angry/sad" so he did a hanky panky with Sei so that maybe someone, like Kishi, would see them and then they(Kishi) would become "jealous/angry/sad". Also... I'd think that when ppl are close to dying, they would wanna tell the truth. So when Kurono was "dying" during the Buddha Mission, what does he tell Sei? "I had sex with you cuz you look easy" or something like that. NOT because he cared about her... but because the opportunity was there.

    That's the way I interpret the whole Kurono/Sei relationship anyway. Foolish, embarrassing, stupid idea? Maybe... but so is your telepathy of Inaba's "gangbang" XP
    BTH

  4. #14
    MadameSole is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrkngTheHbt View Post
    You do know there's a difference between murder, killing, and self-defense, right?
    So what? I'm just saying that Kurono is willing to kill when it comes down to protecting himself or the ones he loved. Case closed, he WOULD kill another human being and has, with intent. No one mentioned murder or reasons for the killing, you just flat out made a fool of yourself by going:
    "HE WOULD NEVER KILL A HUMAN BEING"
    "WOOPS HE WOULD NEVER INTENTIONALLY KILL A HUMAN BEING"
    Both wrong.

    Notice that I said Kurono would become like Izumi and NOT Izumi would become like Kurono. If Kurono would've actually INTENTIONALLY deathpunched that one dude(which he didn't) OR YOUR wish of Kurono going all "shonen-jump/naruto/goku/supersayan/berserk" on Izumi's ass after Tae's death... then he'd be not better than Izumi.
    Errr...no...
    Izumi kills for his own psychotic thrill.
    Kurono killing the people attacking Tae would be protecting Tae, and Kurono killing the murderer of his girlfriend would be a just vengeance.
    Either way, it's not even close to Izumi, who just kills for the HELL of it, for his psychosis. No better than Izumi? Are you insane? Maybe if he indiscriminantly slaughtered hundreds of people for his own sadistic gain. But protecting himself or killing the murderer of his girlfriend brings him down to Izumi's level?
    ahahahahahahahahhaha



    Kurono was "jealous" of Katou and Kishi but then he met a busty tomb raider called Sei. Kurono was "jealous/angry/sad" so he did a hanky panky with Sei so that maybe someone, like Kishi, would see them and then they(Kishi) would become "jealous/angry/sad". Also... I'd think that when ppl are close to dying, they would wanna tell the truth.
    Not really...he just wanted a beautiful girl, fundamentally...all of your crappy jealousy b.s. can't really be proved.


    So when Kurono was "dying" during the Buddha Mission, what does he tell Sei? "I had sex with you cuz you look easy" or something like that. NOT because he cared about her... but because the opportunity was there.
    Yet she protects him regardless...and there is something else there, a possibility for a relationship...even if it was mere lust, SHE was more than aware of it when they got it on...Kurono was just so rejected that he'd accept anyone who accepted him...It wasn't something as sleazy as "looking easy". I'm quite sure that if she'd survived they could've had something there, even if it was based on lust, most love is. It's not like he really mislead her from the beginning he just asked her to get it on with him, and she accepted. There. It's foolish to think one's thoughts are clear and lucid as they die anyway.


    That's the way I interpret the whole Kurono/Sei relationship anyway. Foolish, embarrassing, stupid idea? Maybe... but so is your telepathy of Inaba's "gangbang" XP
    Telepathy? He's right there alongside the thugs approaching the door with a lustful interested expression, and his only seeming objection is that it's illegal. It's established that he has perverse lust for Reika. Telepathy?
    Right. None of the lame crap you mentioned to invalidate the Sei relationship is established or able to be really...


    As I said, I don't understand you defending Inaba...he's basically a perverse coward...Kurono may have lustful feelings, but generally they're directed towards girls that like him back...and generally they don't involve gangrape and they're not produced by a worthless human being like Inaba who won't take any measures to protect another human being like Tae or fight for his life.

  5. #15
    Purple Filth is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    506

    Default

    I find it funny that people go back to the crappy Kurono went they are bashing him even though he changed for the most part.

  6. #16
    BrkngTheHbt is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Geez... could someone else step in here please? Quite obvious that Mademoiselle and I aren't gonna see eye-to-eye here. Kinda tired of her making this another "VS" thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadameSole View Post
    So what? I'm just saying that Kurono is willing to kill when it comes down to protecting himself or the ones he loved. Case closed, he WOULD kill another human being and has, with intent. No one mentioned murder or reasons for the killing, you just flat out made a fool of yourself by going:
    "HE WOULD NEVER KILL A HUMAN BEING"
    "WOOPS HE WOULD NEVER INTENTIONALLY KILL A HUMAN BEING"
    Both wrong.
    Ok... first of all… I made a fool of myself by saying the HE WOULD NEVER KILL A HUMAN BEING INTENTIONALLY, ok? Seriously though... care to explain WHO exactly Kurono has killed "intentionally" since I'm El Stupido here? The 2 "thugs" Kurono killed were by ACCIDENT!! "Thug" who got punched… ACCIDENT. "Thug" who lost his legs… ACCI..well actually it was more Oku's way of killing a random character. And before you say "WTF U @^(*&#%$ keep changing your words!!!!"… if Old Man can survive without his legs for 20+ pgs… so could a middle-age man for 2+ pgs.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadameSole View Post
    Not really...he just wanted a beautiful girl, fundamentally...all of your crappy jealousy b.s. can't really be proved……….

    ……….Telepathy? He's right there alongside the thugs approaching the door with a lustful interested expression, and his only seeming objection is that it's illegal. It's established that he has perverse lust for Reika. Telepathy?
    Right. None of the lame crap you mentioned to invalidate the Sei relationship is established or able to be really..............

    …………As I said, I don't understand you defending Inaba...he's basically a perverse coward...Kurono may have lustful feelings, but generally they're directed towards girls that like him back...and generally they don't involve gangrape and they're not produced by a worthless human being like Inaba who won't take any measures to protect another human being like Tae or fight for his life.
    Rrriiiiiiiiiggghhhhttt.... so "my OPINION" about Sei can't be proved... but "your OPINION" about Inaba gangraping CAN??? If Inaba has a "PERVERSE LUST" for Reika(which according to you is BADDY BAD), then why don't you say the same thing about Kurono's "PERVERSE LUST" for Kishi(which according to you is GOODY GOOD).

    Can you give actual "proof" of what's the difference between Kurono's "perverse feelings", YOUR "perverse feelings", and Inaba's "perverse feelings"?????


    Now to the Kurono/Izumi(NOT Izumi/Kurono) Irony:
    Quote Originally Posted by MadameSole View Post
    Izumi kills for his own psychotic thrill.
    Kurono killing the people attacking Tae would be protecting Tae, and Kurono killing the murderer of his girlfriend would be a just vengeance.
    Either way, it's not even close to Izumi, who just kills for the HELL of it, for his psychosis. No better than Izumi? Are you insane? Maybe if he indiscriminantly slaughtered hundreds of people for his own sadistic gain. But protecting himself or killing the murderer of his girlfriend brings him down to Izumi's level?
    ahahahahahahahahhaha
    Ok…let’s go back to what started this whole argument…
    Quote Originally Posted by MadameSole View Post
    Yeah, Kaze isn't a very compassionate fellow. He's a fighter.
    I mean, he's not a bad man, like Inaba definitely is, but he's just detached at times...I was under the impression that he does at least have compassion for the weak, hence the Takeshi thing.

    Inaba's always pissed me off. If I were Kei I would've killed him right after the Kill Tae mission. That stupid weakling was the only regular member who sided with Izumi. He barely contributes to the fights and is basically a sniveling perv. He got some punches in because Kurono was weakened, but if I were Kurono I would've killed that coward right after the Tae mission.
    It annoys me that Tae's death and the Tae mission didn't really send Kei into a holy super rage. He just got morose and crap.
    Actually this also ties to the "Kurono is NOT a killer" thing too. I mean… if Inaba is SUPER BAD and Kurono is SUPER GOOD… then why the hell is SUPER GOOD dead and SUPER BAD still alive? If Kurono is a "killer" then why the hell didn’t he kill Izumi(SUPER DUPER BAD) to prevent the gun massacre? If Kurono is a "killer" then why the hell didn’t he kill SUPER DUPER BAD after he killed his girlfriend? WHY????????????

    Look… just because YOU would kill these ppl doesn't mean that Kurono(or Sakurai in the other VS thread) would. It's the same effin' reason why some ppl didn't want to kill Tae… they instead wanted to forfeit their own points to save her!!!!

    Now… you ready? Here comes the irony… but you prolly still won't see it because in your mind Kurono is a killer(which he obviously isn't). So see it my way for a sec… Kurono doesn't kill humans, Izumi kills humans, but then Kurono KILLS Inaba+Thugs because he wery mad, now Kurono kills humans, Kurono=Izumi

    But of course it ain’t irony to you since Kurono "The Killer" should've killed Inaba, Izumi, and anyone else who helped kill his wonderful girlfriend. Because it would be out of love and revenge… and everyone that protected Tae would cheer and hold on hands as "The Killer" would go on his killing rampage. He'd kill Inaba, the other 2 "thugs", but of course fail oh so miserably with Izumi (but let's just "pretend" he killed Izumi too).

    But hey!!! You can't forget Reika cuz she's the main reason why Tae died… and ya might as well get the rest of the gang cuz they didn't exactly help. And Kurono's a killer killing for love and revenge… so now all the readers will be happy for him. YYYAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

    Give me a break...


    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Filth View Post
    I find it funny that people go back to the crappy Kurono went they are bashing him even though he changed for the most part.
    Is that directed towards me? I used the "crappy Kurono" to defend him actually... and you could also use it to defend Inaba as well. Kurono changed so why can't Inaba? Heck even Izumi changed during his last 30 sec of life!! We all know that Inaba is gonna die rescuing Reika... wanna agree with me on this one MadameSole?
    BTH

  7. #17
    MadameSole is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Man...pathetic...I can't even get up the energy to patronize you by replying to your terrible arguments...It'd be like slapping a toddler while he's down. My god...it'd be like taking candy from a baby then punching it in the face...
    I mean the whole paragraph with the Kurono killer thing is so pathetic that I think you might be reading Dragonball Z, not Gantz. Sorry if you are.
    Forget it.

  8. #18
    Caican is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Guys, this is about how Kurono's team having changed, NOT about the differences between Kurono and Inaba.

    Inaba started out worse than even the old Kurono. He was more cowardly in some ways, and the fact that he pretty much went after Tae works against him. Even in the early missions, Kurono wouldn't have done it.

    However, Inaba has changed. He realized he was cowardly, realized he was being useless. This is why he gave his support to Kurono at the end of the Oni Aliens mission. He IS changing. Maybe he won't become the remarkable man Kurono develloped into, but he IS changing.

    Okay, now can we go back to Kurono's TEAM? THEY're the ones I started the thread for. ^_^

  9. #19
    Sidharthavicious is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    644

    Default

    This seems more like a moral dispute than a manga one. From a black and white perspective every Gantzer except for Hoi Hoi and Inaba are killers. In my opinion there are killers and there are killers.

    I have trouble liking Kurono because I can't get over what an unlikable prick he was when the manga first started until the Dino mission. Still, I don't think that Kurono's killing of humans, which I believe to be intentional, are anywhere near what Izumi did.

    I see Kurono's killing humans in defense of Tae as his least morally ambiguous kills.

    Back onto the original topic the only member I really noticed a change in was Kaze and Takeshi. Kaze had embraced his role as a father figure and Takeshi might be starting to realize the situation he is now in.
    I think Katou will start to change. Hopefully, he won't take as long adopting a killer instinct as Kurono did becoming less selfish.
    As for the rest of the Tokyo team I think they're suffering from something like PTSD from Kurono's death and generally being in Gantz. They'll get over it.
    As for Sakata, he's always been kind of cold.

  10. #20
    The Room is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    40

    Default

    How about Hoi Hoi? I think hes changed. Hes become closer and closer to Izumi i'm sure he's pretty sad right about now. Hmm while i'm on the subject is Hoi Hoi even alive? I haven't seen him in awhile. Maybe he off'd himself after Izumi's death. ha

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79