Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50
  1. #21
    Popothepenguin is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In the hall of past Queens of Offtopia
    Posts
    2,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kagetenshi View Post
    No, but I was briefly a psychology major. My intended area of research is artificial intelligence, though, so cognitive neuroscience is still a big area of focus for me.

    ~J
    I don't want to get off topic, but that is pretty awesome.

    @Kashim: You made me wonder why doesn't Nishi use a sword?
    It could probably give off his position more easily. With a gun with a locking system, there could be no way to tell where he is at any moment.

  2. #22
    Kagetenshi is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BDRZS07 View Post
    Well I've seen you discuss this a while back, so was that question to me or all?
    To the general public. If someone wants me to go over it again, I will.

    Turns out I was wrong on one point above, Nishi would definitely be classed as Conduct Disorder rather than ODD. CD is basically APD for people too young for APD—age is important, because people do sometimes grow out of CD but once they reach adulthood (and the APD diagnosis) it's pretty much with them for life.

    ~J
    Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.

  3. #23
    mystic_guard_sinoel is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 14th Moon
    Posts
    5,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyt741 View Post
    He's beaten an alien that three expert Gantzers, all with the BFGs couldn't!
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. They were sadists. They were just trying to get it to experience as much pain as possible before killing it. Because they underestimated it some of them died and Katou was left to finish their fight.

  4. #24
    Joeyt741 is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystic_guard_sinoel View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. They were sadists. They were just trying to get it to experience as much pain as possible before killing it. Because they underestimated it some of them died and Katou was left to finish their fight.
    Yeah your right i was being biased towards katou, i just read 250 again i forgot they threw down their BFGs to use the regular rifle to cause more pain. The point goes to you, my good sir.

  5. #25
    BDRZS07 is offline Banned Respected Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kagetenshi View Post
    To the general public. If someone wants me to go over it again, I will.

    Turns out I was wrong on one point above, Nishi would definitely be classed as Conduct Disorder rather than ODD. CD is basically APD for people too young for APD—age is important, because people do sometimes grow out of CD but once they reach adulthood (and the APD diagnosis) it's pretty much with them for life.

    ~J
    Well, you seem to have a vast amount of knowledge on this topic. I didn't really think Nishi was psychotic, I just thought he was a creepy kid that had to kill but let it get to his head. I think that had somethin to do with Izumi or the time he spent alone after the others left or died. Izumi's team might have been like the osaka team and not like the way Kei or Katou's teams are.

  6. #26
    Kagetenshi is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Oh, no, Nishi's definitely not psychotic—psychosis is a break from reality (delusions, hallucinations, disordered thinking and speech, etc.), and Nishi's been functioning pretty well—that is, assuming that any of Gantz is reality, but I think the series has gone on a bit too long for Oku to pull that particular twist. Conduct Disorder, though (and Psychopathy/APD when he turns 18 if nothing changes), he's a textbook case.

    ~J
    Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.

  7. #27
    Duststorm is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    402

    Default

    About Nishi I cant say much about him since nothing much has been revealed about him or his past. I think he had bad experience with teamwork in the past. Nishi acts like a badass but he has a sensitive side to him as he started to cry when he was dieing. Also you have to imagine the constant fear that nishi go though that he could die any day and has to survive alone it could mess anyone up.Also I doubt he could convince people to wear the gantz suits I mean look at the success, Kato convince half the people to wear the suits and he is a high schooler. Nishi is only a middle school student nobody would have taken him seriously. Also many people who stay in gantz for too long becomes messed up in the head, I mean look at the ozaka gantzers and Izumi.

    I would like to rate a Gantzer

    Kishimoto

    Pros = .........Human shield, distraction for enemy

    Cons= Too dependent, she is always clinging on to Kato.

    Stupid irrational thinking, like with that bird alien she wanted to jump in the water to help Kato without even thinking of a plan which Nishi did and looked what happened to him . Also her death was completely unnecessary , if she had the time to place herself in front of Kato she could have pulled him away and she had her suit on so strength was not an issue.


    I would give her 3/10 I honestly could not think of more pros.

    Also about Kato why does he have a problem of blasting aliens into pieces? He has no problem of ripping,cutting or crushing them into pieces.

  8. #28
    BrkngTheHbt is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
    Also about Kato why does he have a problem of blasting aliens into pieces? He has no problem of ripping,cutting or crushing them into pieces.
    Katou I think believes that "with great power, comes great responsibility". He doesn't believe in violence unless other ppl get hurt and/or there really isn't another choice.

    During the Buddha mission, he commits to the Y-gun but when he saw Sadayo and Hojo dying he went "berserk"... as in he actually shot the X-gun after he lost his Y-gun. Later he also draws the X-gun again during his fight with the statue bodyguard, but that was mainly because Kurono was running out of time. Of course he picks up the sword later on as well. Katou uses his power to protect ppl, but he knows that some times killing is also required to safe ppl. But... if killing is the only way, he'll most likely let the others do the killing while he helps out(holding the fast statue by the foot so that the others can shoot it) or squeezing out the Tanaka alien.

    I'm not 100% sure... but if you don't count "transferring" as a kill(froggy and "likey" cyclops)... then Katou has only actually killed 1 or 2 aliens intentionally - the statue bodyguard(rips his arms off and uppercuts him) and 1000-Arms. The rest were by accident... the Tanaka bird dying outside the suit and just recently, the big one with the fast tail.
    Last edited by BrkngTheHbt; 06-18-2007 at 04:09 PM.
    BTH

  9. #29
    BDRZS07 is offline Banned Respected Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
    I would like to rate a Gantzer

    Kishimoto

    Pros = .........Human shield, distraction for enemy

    Cons= Too dependent, she is always clinging on to Kato.

    Stupid irrational thinking, like with that bird alien she wanted to jump in the water to help Kato without even thinking of a plan which Nishi did and looked what happened to him . Also her death was completely unnecessary , if she had the time to place herself in front of Kato she could have pulled him away and she had her suit on so strength was not an issue.


    I would give her 3/10 I honestly could not think of more pros.

    WOW! 3?

    I'm no Kishimoto fan at all but I wouldn't say she's useless.

    Pros: Very loyal.
    She works well on teams.
    Willing to cooperate.
    I think she proved she's not afraid to kill.
    She cares about the other people on the team.


    Cons: She's booksmart, but she doesn't seem all that smart when it comes to survival.
    She might be a distarction. ^_^
    Doesn't think things through.
    She's a schoolgirl so she never learned how to fight. I don't think so.

    Maybe 6/10. I think she's a good Gantzer. She understands what to do and she tried. The way she died was a really stupid way to get rid of her. I doubt we got to see her full potential.

    I'd say Tetsu deserved a 3.
    Last edited by BDRZS07; 06-19-2007 at 09:11 PM.

  10. #30
    Popothepenguin is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In the hall of past Queens of Offtopia
    Posts
    2,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
    About Nishi I cant say much about him since nothing much has been revealed about him or his past. I think he had bad experience with teamwork in the past. Nishi acts like a badass but he has a sensitive side to him as he started to cry when he was dieing. Also you have to imagine the constant fear that nishi go though that he could die any day and has to survive alone it could mess anyone up.Also I doubt he could convince people to wear the gantz suits I mean look at the success, Kato convince half the people to wear the suits and he is a high schooler. Nishi is only a middle school student nobody would have taken him seriously. Also many people who stay in gantz for too long becomes messed up in the head, I mean look at the ozaka gantzers and Izumi.

    I would like to rate a Gantzer

    Kishimoto

    Pros = .........Human shield, distraction for enemy

    Cons= Too dependent, she is always clinging on to Kato.

    Stupid irrational thinking, like with that bird alien she wanted to jump in the water to help Kato without even thinking of a plan which Nishi did and looked what happened to him . Also her death was completely unnecessary , if she had the time to place herself in front of Kato she could have pulled him away and she had her suit on so strength was not an issue.


    I would give her 3/10 I honestly could not think of more pros.

    Also about Kato why does he have a problem of blasting aliens into pieces? He has no problem of ripping,cutting or crushing them into pieces.
    I fully agree. Add to Cons "a failure of character design"

    I'll do Sniper...

    Togo

    Pros= expertise with X-rifle, military training(i really just infer this), works well with team and actually listens to what Katou tells him to do, very good at hiding, good aim

    Cons= didn't wear the suit, didn't get much experiance, bad luck

    Sniper was a very good potential Gantzer that I think died too suddenly. Even if he had worn the suit, it wouldn't have protected him from the lasors that penetrated his skull. Additionaly, his desicion to try a new way of attacking the Buddha backfired, and if he had shot him again 1000 arms might have died. Bad luck. So basically, Oku just killed him off to build up Kurono's character, because if he hadn't such bad luck and been overtly brave, he had potential to kill him. If Sniper had been in other missions, he would have kicked ass, but sadly he had to meet his fate with many other great gantzers to the 1000 arms.

    9/10

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162