View Poll Results: Do you think GANTZ could work as a live action movie?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    171 70.08%
  • No

    73 29.92%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 158
  1. #101
    Nu_Delic is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    711

    Default

    It is gonna happen eventually. I just hope they keep the brutality and raw human emotion in tact. Onion, Tanaka, Bubbah are a must IMHO. Others arcs can be done but those must be done.

  2. #102
    Cali is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,565

    Default

    ^The tanaka is only a must because of Nishi's death; that can be adapted to the Budha arc, just like Tousen suggested.

  3. #103
    Nu_Delic is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    ^The tanaka is only a must because of Nishi's death; that can be adapted to the Budha arc, just like Tousen suggested.
    Yeah you could but those retarded looking Tanaka minions are funny as hell. And given they pawned Nishi is gold. Kurono being suit less is way necessary. Tanaka arc had a lot of stuff in it IMO.

  4. #104
    Cali is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,565

    Default

    ^Yes, it had, but we could import them to the Budha arc, with modifications; as Ikari suggested, two missions would be the "right" number for a movie. If the Onion alien mission were just a brief mission, we could have three missions, one being intro and two other significant for development - in which case, the death of everyone Kurono knew (during the Budha arc) and Kurono as a hero (dino mission) seem to me the most important ones. Thus, all other minor events, but also significative, such as Nishi's death, info on achieving 100 points to go free, Kurono kicking ass without a suit, forgetting the suit, seeing a time over... they could be divided and put into those two missions.

  5. #105
    Nu_Delic is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    .... Thus, all other minor events, but also significative, such as Nishi's death, info on achieving 100 points to go free, Kurono kicking ass without a suit, forgetting the suit, seeing a time over... they could be divided and put into those two missions.
    You guys opinions on this might be skewed as fans of Gantz. Nishi's death isn't a minor event. Sure it's only a few pages in the manga but its very significant on many levels. And Onion is just one movie. You can not give everything away by combining themes and missions. You always keep your audience wanting more. Always. Ask anyone in entertainment. Ask Oku I personally wouldn't even go beyond Buddah myself. At least not right away.

    Just because you can doesn't mean you should

  6. #106
    Cali is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,565

    Default

    ^I know it's significant, when I classified it as a "minor" event, was in comparison to the other events I spoke of.
    It's important alright, he was the only veteran in the room and now he's dead. But he's also just an unknown homicidal kid, who means nearly nothing to Kurono.
    Nishi''s death attended to this: Getting to know the suit weakness, Katou heroism and flustration, Kurono's monologue on death, and the information on 100 points.

    And of course an adaptation should be well thought, but if you've read my earlier posts, you'll see that I'm not just saying it because of the quantity of missions but because of the importance of missions, for the movie to be meaningful and not just a piece of action.

  7. #107
    Nu_Delic is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    ...And of course an adaptation should be well thought, but if you've read my earlier posts, you'll see that I'm not just saying it because of the quantity of missions but because of the importance of missions, for the movie to be meaningful and not just a piece of action.
    Well when they do Gantz we'll see what path they choose The only thing that really bothers me is when the lawyers and corporate interest get a hold of Gantz they'll be selling Suzuki shirts in Wal*Mat for $12.95 and little kids will be buying Buddah action figures with happy meals @ McDonnald's saying Yuzo?. They will dumb down the characters too much and that's not Gantz.

  8. #108
    Cali is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,565

    Default

    That's why it should be a Japanese movie and be heavily censored in other countries.. ^^

  9. #109
    Tousen is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On the other side of your screen. Come on over.
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nu_Delic View Post
    And Onion is just one movie. You can not give everything away by combining themes and missions. You always keep your audience wanting more. Always. Ask anyone in entertainment. Ask Oku I personally wouldn't even go beyond Buddah myself. At least not right away.

    Just because you can doesn't mean you should
    How in the world do you plan on making the Onion mission into an entire movie? Better yet, how would you make it into a movie that anyone would want to go see? You'd have to seriously drag stuff out. There wouldn't be nearly enough action since the actual action parts of that mission took all of 15 minutes at most. It would just be a lot of talking and theories and walking around. Im not paying 12 bucks for that lol. Only a person whose opinion is skewed because of already being a major Gantz fan would think it would work

    That's why the Matrix worked so well. It was a great mix of action and deep theory. Your audience will only want more if they like it. If your audience doesn't get enough action in an action movie they won't be wanting more. And you can forget about having a sequel. That means no mass marketing, no Gantz coffee mugs, book bags, no Suzuki shirts and McDonalds won't touch it with a 20 foot pole.

    .............................................

    I know the importance of the Tae mission from a manga standpoint and also from the point of Keis development but I just don't think it would work for the movie. The Tae mission was hella long in a sense and I don't think it would really fit in unless they planned on making the movie 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I doubt most non Gantz fans would sit through all of that. A lot of things happened but most of them were not essential to the storyline as far as the movie goes.

    In order to fit the Tae mission in you'd have to show & explain why she was hunted (the whole unknowingly capturing the mission on camera thing). You'd have to show the whole Team Kurono vs Team Izumi part of it. Their trying to escape from Izumis Team, etc, etc. I feel that the first live action movie should just be a general introduction to the series. Going too deep into the smaller nuances of the series may be too much. Hell, if they wanted too they could put the Tae mission st the beginning of movie 2 as the 2nd mission, right after the mission where they catch her on camera.

    And I also wanted to cut the Tanaka mission because it only served 2 real major purposes. Nishi's death and showing that Kei can survive without the suit. Nishi's death can be done in the Budha mission. He should seem like the most competent Gantzer until 1000 arms kills him, slowly, include the crying for his mom stuff. Plus this will make the final Dino mission haev even more impact because the audience is gonna wonder how he'll survive without a suit when he barely survived the last mission with the suit.

    No censoring!!! NC-17 that bad boy!!! lol

  10. #110
    Nu_Delic is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tousen View Post
    ...
    And I also wanted to cut the Tanaka mission because it only served 2 real major purposes. Nishi's death and showing that Kei can survive without the suit. Nishi's death can be done in the Budha mission. He should seem like the most competent Gantzer until 1000 arms kills him, slowly, include the crying for his mom stuff. Plus this will make the final Dino mission haev even more impact because the audience is gonna wonder how he'll survive without a suit when he barely survived the last mission with the suit.

    No censoring!!! NC-17 that bad boy!!! lol
    Well said but I disagree. If you must combine arcs do Onion and Takaka. But Straying away from the manga would result in missions like the last anime one IMO. I am not saying you can't I'm saying you shouldn't.

    In good classic cinema less is always better. Summer over hyped films get you Tanaka shirts and Happy Meals.I wanta classic.

    Yuzo???

 

 
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162