Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetnubis View Post
    Its true, it is too early. If you look closely at the drive by pages, you might notice that there is no sign of the new weapon, the only visible weapon is the rifles.
    I don't believe we've seen the new weapons in action yet. Soon, hopefully, we will.

  2. #62
    jojo90123 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolerimmortal View Post
    Those guys are disgraceful. They stole Hellsing from M7 and they've stolen Gantz from Illuminati. Don't support them.
    Doing a scanlation on a series benefits others. A series does not belong to one particular group. No one group can claim that a manga series is theirs. The group that did the scan made it to help others read a scanlated version of the chapter instead of the raws. YOU cannot say that they had stolen the series "Gantz" because it belongs to no scanlation group.

    If you do not like the scan don't download it or even get it. Besides I think they did a Better Job than Illuminati did on the Gantz series because Illuminati uses some really bad filters that distort the image.

  3. #63
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo90123 View Post
    Doing a scanlation on a series benefits others. A series does not belong to one particular group. No one group can claim that a manga series is theirs. The group that did the scan made it to help others read a scanlated version of the chapter instead of the raws. YOU cannot say that they had stolen the series "Gantz" because it belongs to no scanlation group.

    If you do not like the scan don't download it or even get it. Besides I think they did a Better Job than Illuminati did on the Gantz series because Illuminati uses some really bad filters that distort the image.
    The series is not the property of any one scanlation group.

    The project, however, is. It's simply bad ethics to steal another team's project. They should find their own projects, not steal others in order to attract readers. It's inexcusable.

  4. #64
    Jyuu's Avatar
    Jyuu is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    I co-founded M7 but that's another story.
    lalalala
    Scanlation ethics is something that doesn't exist anymore.

  5. #65
    Ad-Gt2 is offline Banned Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    a small apartment in tokyo
    Posts
    95

    Default

    The only scanlation group compareable to illuminati is phase 3 manga for gantz that is they use there own quality raws so the end result is quit pretty.

  6. #66
    dna2playboy is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    waboomafoof
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    didn't illuminati "steal" Gantz from shocwave?

  7. #67
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dna2playboy View Post
    didn't illuminati "steal" Gantz from shocwave?
    In a manner of speaking. That was bad on our part. Shocwave had given up on the weekly releases, though...or rather, they hadn't released in months. They've given up now...we've got the same arrangement with them as EG and Band of the Hawk with Berserk.

  8. #68
    Tetnubis's Avatar
    Tetnubis is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In my house.
    Posts
    2,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jyuu View Post
    I co-founded M7 but that's another story.
    lalalala
    Scanlation ethics is something that doesn't exist anymore.
    The hell? Lurker... I thought you hated these parts...

    Quote Originally Posted by CI
    In a manner of speaking. That was bad on our part. Shocwave had given up on the weekly releases, though...or rather, they hadn't released in months. They've given up now...we've got the same arrangement with them as EG and Band of the Hawk with Berserk.
    You mean they have given up with the weekly releases? Or releasing Gantz altogether, Last time I checked, they were doing the tanks, has IM taken this job up?

    Quote Originally Posted by CI
    we've
    I thought you had 'left'.

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo90123
    Besides I think they did a Better Job than Illuminati did on the Gantz series because Illuminati uses some really bad filters that distort the image.
    I'm for and against this statement.
    Illuminati's translations and proofreading are a whole lot better than all the groups out there, Shocwaves translation with the Tank re-releases seemed off, and Phase 3 don't spend enough time proofreading Hiss' translation.

    As for the quality, Phase 3, do manage to keep more quality, but their scans do become too dark, IM's use of scripts, levels and redrawing allows their releases to have more toning but less texture and detail. However it is still in a higher quality than the initial RAW. I like phase 3 for the time in which they release, but IM is better to look at. No grain.

    If you were around for the Jinchurriki releases, you should know how much more effort goes into the releases, a simple Filter > Noise > Reduce noise, is not enough for an apparant "HQ" scanlation. (jinch's method). They spent too much time trying to out do IM in terms of speed to realise what they were doing was wrong IMO.
    As for Phase 3, looks like they duplicate the layer, and set the top one on multiply. Then slightly adjusting with Levels.


  9. #69
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetnubis View Post
    You mean they have given up with the weekly releases? Or releasing Gantz altogether, Last time I checked, they were doing the tanks, has IM taken this job up?
    They do tanks, Illu does weekly releases.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tetnubis View Post
    I thought you had 'left'.
    I did. I'm retired. Dunno why I said that...guess it's because that agreement was basically reached before I left.

  10. #70
    freegood is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by interactivebiostud View Post
    The weapons the Osaka team is carrying might be the "ultimate" weapon. It's not too farfetched either because they all seem to love the hunt so they could have all already gotten 100 pts and chose the ultimate weapon option.
    That's what I was thinking. There can be new weapons to purchase everytime you hit 100 pts.

 

 
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79