- Reuters reported that Sony has confirmed a spring 2006 launch date for PlayStation 3, but no territory was specific, so the system maybe launched in Japan first. Sony has denied the online reports about the PS3 launch been pushed back to Q4 2006.
- PSM has reported new tidbits regarding to PlayStation 3, based on info provided by anonymous developers.
* There are far more game titles in development for PS3 than originally expected in US.
* Some developers have already received the final development hardware for PS3 in early January 2006.
* The performance of the PS3 hardware is faster than expected, PS3 also possesses a Digital Video Recording (DVR) function.
* Sony will have a content download service similar to iTunes, but will offer high definition movies, videos and music.
* PS3 will have Media Center capabilities similar to Xbox 360, but with more functions.
* Video and audio can be streamed over a home network, Sony is planning for a location free rendition over PSP.
* PSP will be able to exchange data with PS3; it is possible to upload multimedia contents from PSP to PS3.
* PS3 will have firmware update capabilities similar to PSP.
* PS3 will have more BluRay functionalities than a regular BluRay Player, because the Cell and RSX processor can do a lot more tasks while reading the discs.
* PS3 will launch in US in Autumn 2006, certain game titles will have online functions at launch.
All this info was taken from PSM via www.the-magicbox.com a very reliable international video game news site.
Looks like Sony kicked the PS3 up another notch! BAM!