Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    shautieh's Avatar
    shautieh is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Skipea
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spurgu
    Oh just be sure you get the goty version of morrowind
    what's the goty version ??

    (i have not played morrowind for a looong time now >.>)

  2. #12
    Little Jacob is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    54

    Default

    GOTY = Game of the Year.

    That version has the latest patch and the two expansions with it. Worth every penny.

  3. #13
    shautieh's Avatar
    shautieh is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Skipea
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Jacob
    GOTY = Game of the Year.

    That version has the latest patch and the two expansions with it. Worth every penny.
    great ^^ ... but there is no way i would buy the game again because i already have it
    though i don't have the extensions (the official ones at least )

    the TES was the first thing i played with when i bought the game... until patches allowed it to run without crashing every 5 minutes

  4. #14
    OrangePulp is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    128

    Default

    My problem with Morrowind was the experience/levelup system. Games where you level skills up by using them, that's pretty cool. Games where you get xp to level up, well, that's pretty standard. When you make a bastardized hybrid of the two... not so good. And you can even buy experience...

    I'm hoping that oblivion changes the system to something good, because I would like to enjoy it, but I'm not exactly counting on it.
    I told him once or twice; to stop playin' cards, and shootin' dice.... he's in the jailhouse now

  5. #15
    Little Jacob is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Eh? The leveling system in Morrowind only relied on how much you used skills. It isn't a hybrid.

  6. #16
    MadDogMike is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shautieh
    Quote Originally Posted by shinigamiX
    Anyone what the first two games were? I'm getting Morrowind but I'd like to play the first two as well for a better idea of the story.
    http://www.elderscrolls.com/codex/history_redguard.htm
    redguard
    battlespire
    arena
    daggerfall
    morrowind
    oblivion

    there are no chronological continuity between them... they just take place in the same world, and thus share some history ^^ .... caius cosades is supposed to be in oblivion too by example (he was our old master in morrowind)

    i've only played to battlespire beside morrowind.... and i wouldn't play it again now... really -_-
    For those who want them in the order they were released in, here it is:

    1. Arena
    2. Battlespire <-- Spin-off game
    3. Daggerfall
    4. Redguard <-- Spin-off game
    5. Morrowind

    For whoever wasn't sure before (I think it was Spurgu), Bethesda Softworks made every one of these games, and there hasn't been a bad one so far. They created the entire game world and history from scratch.

    I've always loved The Elder Scrolls series, even though I never got to play much of the older ones. Daggerfall was awesome, too bad I don't have a computer old enough to run it anymore.

    Just so you know, the older ones had just as much freedom, and the world in Daggerfall was apparently even bigger than the one in Morrowind (probably because it was a much simpler engine, they didn't have to put as much work into creating the environments). People even had schedules that they followed in Daggerfall. They'd wake up at a certain time, open their shop or work on their fields at a certain time of the day, close their shop and go home at night to sleep again. I don't know why they took that out of Morrowind.

  7. #17
    shautieh's Avatar
    shautieh is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Skipea
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadDogMike
    They'd wake up at a certain time, open their shop or work on their fields at a certain time of the day, close their shop and go home at night to sleep again. I don't know why they took that out of Morrowind.
    that will be the case in oblivion
    with a lot of other things

    for me oblivion will be a morrowind v.2 .... the same but a lot better ^^


    My problem with Morrowind was the experience/levelup system. Games where you level skills up by using them, that's pretty cool. Games where you get xp to level up, well, that's pretty standard. When you make a bastardized hybrid of the two... not so good. And you can even buy experience...
    as what jacob said, the level up system in morro was heavily based upon the skills you used the most...
    when you don't use your bow, you don't gain experience, and that's normal..... so where is the problem ???

    and i liked the fact that you could train yourself with masters (=> buying experience as you say) to increase some stats.... that's logical, and it avoided me going to the TES CS to increase my stats artificially
    the only problem was that it was not expensive enough, due to the fact that it was easy to make some money.... oh no !! wait.... the shop system was crap i had to install a little mod to make merchants richer...
    i mean, come on, you buy them items at 100.000 and you can't sell them items at 5.000 because they don't have money ??? ... fuck that.... and xbox users that can't mod the game ^^"

  8. #18
    Gamakireta is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    49

    Default

    I just can't wait till this...Oblivion Out...hell yeah..morrowind is the best...

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162