The Increadible Ultimate N-Gen Console THREAD!!!!!! + GAmes
Remember that fanboyish posts will NOT be tolerated.
What console will you buy?..
this includes all specifications...
[note: all money is in US dollars]
[does anyone understand this stuff?]
copy and paste...
Backwards compatible with PS2 and PS1 without emulation. Memory Stick Duo Cards. disks supposed to withstand a screwdriver. $495 manufacturing unit cost?! PREINSTALLED WITH LINUX OS.
3.2 GHz Cell processor:
* 7 SPE (Synergistic Processing Elements) vector processor units  (so like 3.2 x 7.... 22.4GHz!!) :-D
o 218 GFLOPS (billion floating point operations per second)
* Clocked at 550 MHz
* 1.8 TFLOPS (trillion floating point operations per second)
* Full high definition output (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
* Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines
* 136 shader operations per cycle
* 100 billion shader operations per second (with CPU)
* 51 billion dot products per second (with CPU)
* 128-bit pixel precision offers rendering of scenes with high dynamic range imaging
* 256 MiB Rambus XDR DRAM clocked at CPU die speed (3.2 GHz)
* 256 MiB GDDR3 VRAM clocked at 700 MHz
* 25.6 GB/s GPU to XDR DRAM: 64 bits Χ 3.2 GHz
* 22.4 GB/s GPU to GDDR-3 VRAM: 128 bits Χ 700 MHz Χ 2 accesses per clock cycle (one per edge)
* 35 GB/s GPU to CPU (Aggregated 20 GB/s (write), 15 GB/s (read))
* 5 GB/s System Bus (Aggregated 2.5 GB/s upstream and downstream)
* Supported screen sizes: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
* Two HDMI (Type A) outputs (Dual-screen HD outputs)
* Optical digital audio output
* Multiple analog outputs (Composite, S-Video, Component video)
Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS, LPCM (DSP functionality handled by the Cell processor)
* Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE
* DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
* CD: PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer) SACD HD
* Memory Stick standard/Duo and standard/mini slots
* CompactFlash Type I and II slot
* SD slot
* Slot for detachable 2.5" hard drive with [Linux] pre-installed
* MMC slot for mp3s, ogg vorbis, nokia music, and aacs
* Three Gigabit Ethernet ports (Sony has indicated that the PlayStation 3 might act as an accessory interface and as a hub and router; Some have hinted that the three ethernet ports may be removed to lower costs)
* IEEE 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi
* Bluetooth 2.0
* USB 2.0 (four front and two rear ports)
* The ability for the PlayStation Portable to connect to the PlayStation 3 as a video-enabled controller.
* Bluetooth 2.0 (up to 7 controllers)
* USB 2.0 (wired)
* 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi for [mesh networking] and connectivity with the PlayStation Portable
* IP networking
* Twelve simultaneous High-definition television streams for use on a title screen for a HD Blu-ray Movie.
* High-definition IP .
* EyeToy interactive reality game.
* EyeToy voice command recognition.
* EyeToy virtual object manipulation.
* Digital photograph display (JPEG).
* MP3 and ATRAC download and playback.
* Simultaneous World Wide Web access and gameplay.
* Hub/Home Ethernet Gaming Network.
only "top selling games" will be compatible, only through emulation, universal xbox games compatibility "unlikely". hard drive is detachable. $300 for "core system", $400 for full pacage. 20gb hard drive for $99. 64mb memory units. Wi-Fi adapter sold separately. Changable face plates. xbox live.
Xbox 360 Component HD-AV Cable
S-Video AV Cable (U.S., Japan, and Canada only) or Xbox 360 SCART AV Cable (Europe only)
VGA HD AV Cable.
Custom IBM PowerPC-based "Xenon"
* 90 nm process, 165 million transistors
* Three symmetrical cores, each one running at 3.2 GHz ( 3.2 x 3... 9.6GHz )
Custom ATI R500-based "Xenos"
* 500 MHz parent GPU (90 nm process, 232 million transistors)
* 500 MHz 10 MB daughter embedded DRAM Framebuffer (90 nm process, 105 million transistors)
o NEC designed eDRAM has internal logic for
o Support for DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0, limited support for future DirectX 10 shader models
o Shader performance: 48 billion (48,000 million) shader operations per second (96 billion shader operations per second theoretical maximum)
* Dot product operations: 9.6 billion per second theoretical maximum (Microsoft figure), 33.6 billion per second when combined with CPU power (theoretical maximum)
512 MiB 700MHz GDDR3 RAM (unified memory architecture
* 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth (700 MHz x 2 accesses per clock cycle (one per edge) on a 128bit bus)
* 256 GB/s eDRAM internal logic to internal memory bandwidth
* 32 GB/s GPU to eDRAM bandwidth (2 GHz x 2 accesses per clock cycle on a 64bit DDR bus)
* 21.6 GB/s frontside bus (Aggregated 10.8 GB/s upstream and downstream)
* 1 GB/s southbridge bandwidth (Aggregated 500 MB/s upstream and downstream)
* 115 GFLOPS theoretical peak performance for CPU
* 1 TFLOPS theoretical peak performance of CPU and GPU combined
* All games support at least six channel (5.1) Dolby Digital surround sound
* Supports 48kHz 16-bit audio
* 320 independent decompression channels
* 32 bit processing
* 256+ audio channels
* VC-1 at non-HD NTSC and PAL resolutions
* VC-1 or WMV will be used for streaming video
* VC-1 supports DVD quality and high definition quality video
* additional MPEG2 decoder for DVD video playback
A 12X DVD-ROM drive, capable of reading DVD+R/RW discs. CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R/RW, WMACD, MP3CD, and JPEG Photo CD. furute 360 versions "may" include HD dvd drives. (meaning 360 games right now can only go up to 9gb)
* Support for WMV HD and progressive or interlaced DVD video playback.
* Media Center Extender capability
* All games must support a 16:9 aspect ratio, and a minimum of 720p HD resolution with 2x full-scene anti-aliasing enabled. The embedded Microsoft WebTV chip can downsample 720p to lower display resolutions (including 480i SDTV and 480p) and dynamically crop or scale 16:9 to fit 4:3 screens. Some games will optionally support native 1080i and 480p video resolutions as well.
* 3 USB 2.0 ports
* All games support custom soundtracks.
That controler would go so well with a star wars game...light saber...Backwards compatible with GameCube software and most peripherals. Of course, original GameCube controlers are supported. Will be able to play all "Nintendo-produced Nintendo 64, SNES/Super Famicom, and Nintendo Entertainment System/Famicom games" (98 % of ALL Nitendo games)
512 MB built-in flash memory used for: Revolution game save data
* Downloaded games
* Game demos
* Patches or upgrades
Two USB 2.0 ports. A dongle enabling DVD playback. 4 Χ Nintendo GameCube controller ports and 2 Χ Nintendo GameCube memory card ports (for compatibility). Optional USB PC-compatible 802.11b wireless router. # lot loading optical disc drive compatible with both 12 cm and 8 cm proprietary optical discs (again, for GameCube compatibility) as well as standard DVD discs.
# 2 Χ front loading SD memory card slots. * Wi-Fi by the Broadcom Corporation:
o Built-in 802.11b & 802.11g support.
* No Ethernet port.
1.8Ghz IBM PowerPC G5 processors, a 600Mhz graphics chip from ATI and a 7.1 Digital Sound chipset. The console will apparently sport 128MiB of high speed 1T-SRAM as main memory, along with 256MiB of slower DRAM, while the graphics chip has 12MiB of on-board high speed RAM. 6GiB proprietary DVD-size discs
and rumor 2
IBM Custom dual-threaded PowerPC 2.5 GHz processor, 512 MiB of 700 MHz 1T-SRAM, an ATI R520-based custom GPU core at 600 MHz with 256 MiBs of 1T-SRAM with a average in game performance of 100 million polygons per second and 50 billion shader operations per second.
Have fun reading... :-D
ah damm...messed up the PS3 option...