The World in Conflict thread.
From the team who brought us Ground Control comes World in Conflict.
West Germany, 1988. To avoid certain collapse, the Soviet army boldly advances into Europe. NATO responds only to be met on a second front -- a diversionary attack on the American homeland. You are a field commander, leading the era's most powerful military machines in the campaign to retake America's cities and suburbs.
It's like an RTS where you have no resources to manage and you simply call for units to be sent for you to control. It's like Battlefield 2's commander mode in total 3D and where you can control your men yourself.
- Superpowered Warfare - Unleash the arsenals of the great military superpowers in the gripping single-player story created by best-selling author and Cold War authority, Larry Bond.
- MassTech Engine - The latest version of Massive's proprietary engine allows for a full 360 range of camera control, allowing you to get right down into the midst of battle.
- Demolish Everything - Destroy every object in the game - crush cars, destroy buildings, burn forests!
- Drop-in Multiplayer - Join on-going games and immediately help your team take control of the map.
- Fast-paced Teamplay - Master four different battlefield roles; Air, Armor, Infantry and Support, in the ultimate online teamplay experience.
- Super Weapons - Unleash ground-shaking artillery barrages, napalm strikes, and awesome tactical nukes that turn the tide of battle.
World in Conflict - Open Beta
The open beta will begin on 11 July and will last until 31 July. After downloading the client, visit www.worldinconflict.com/beta to register for your key!