Tekken is a poor fighting game when compared to Virtua Fighter.
They're supposed to age because the game's story has time jumps that span decades. You don't think Jin came out a man from his mother's womb do you?
Oh, and the best fighter in existence is SSBM.
And when SSBB comes out, that will be the best fighter in existence.
Link > Heihachi.
to me the Tekken series is dead. Yes it was good in the beginning. but successful japanese series doesn't know when to quit. enough is enough.
I think its just fine. Aside from Heihachi and Jinpachi being exceedingly old... i think the game is just great for the average player whos not concerned with ease of play like DOA or getting something as technologically demanding as vF... of course Paul and Law are still faggots but i dont care, I fight I learn and I hand smackdowns out like welfare tickets. Ling Xiaoyu for the fucking win.
I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends
[Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009
Tekken is good, some what.
Originally Posted by StealDragon
I agree with you Steal on that. There are probaly alot of better fighting games out there then Tekken series but its not that bad. i'm glad this is not that fast like street fighter would lose alot of its meaning to me.
Are you joking? Street Fighter is slow. Where the hell are you from?
all i gotta say is SSBB is a kid's game compared to Tekken. i mean i like both games but i prefer Tekken. i mean it has its' flaws like the storyline and returning characters that should of retired or died but none the less its' considered one of the best
That's pretty stupid.
Originally Posted by K@jinKrew
We all know that a kid, blindfolded, could beat Jinpachi while devouring loads of ice cream.
While it takes years of rigorous training in the remote mountains of China just to even muster the skill needed to beat one level of SSBM.
Get out of this topic you stupid person.
You call Tekken franchise crap and you claim SSBM is better? OKAY....
Im enjoying Tekken Dark resurrection HD on my ps3, The game looks fantastic in 1080p even for it's age.
Imo Tekken is my favorite franchise. My favorite characters are from Tekken and as far as fighters story goes no other franchise comes close.
Tekken 6 is looking really good, Rumors state that each character will have there own weapon they already had a video up of Bryan Fury with a shotgun.
Some new info on Tekken 6.
* Animations have been changed for every character!
* All characters have an “item move”, like the Bryan shotgun we saw at the AOU trailer. Although not all of them will have the same effectiveness.
* An example of an “item move” will be Anna throwing her high heels at her opponents.
* Harada officially stated that Leo IS a girl.
* So far Yoshimitsu has gone under the most drastic change. Harada notes that it will be much more difficult to use Yoshimitsu this time around and they consider him an “Expert” character. Part of his story includes the fact that his sword is now losing power and he must take a new fighting style, Kenjutsu from the Manji clan, this includes both dual sword fighting and pure fist fighting!
* A lot of Lei Wulong’s laying down stances have been changed. They look more like Lei Fei and Shun Di’s laying down stance from Virtua Fighter 5. They also changed the properties where Lei can be counter-hit and juggled out of his laying down stances.
* Many changes were done to Marshall Law. It is noted that fans of Bruce Lee and those that know of Jeet Kune Do will be very pleased.