Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 125

Thread: Why PS3?

  1. #11
    Jyuu's Avatar
    Jyuu is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StealDragon View Post
    im sorry to say that the xbox lineup has no games with the brand recognition like sony does coupled with the fact that other than Halo 3, Lost Planet, and MAYBE Fable 2 there are NO big exclusive games coming in 2007 for the M$ camp.
    New big names:
    Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears of War, etc
    Can't type more atmm game of Starcraft beginning now.

  2. #12
    Talamare is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Belem do Para, Brasil
    Posts
    2,005

    Default

    Crap sells

    If you can convince the consumer that the crap youre selling is actually worth something you have a good business going

    I had a friend who was a used car seller ~_~

    but that pretty much sums it up

    PS3 is expensive, hard for developers to make games on it, has a pretty hard drive, its a loss leader... its horrible in so many senses

    but the truth about it is

    FANBOYS

    fanboys bought the consoles like crazy, and then they convince average joes that its the "roxxor" and we all "suxxor" for not realizing.

    Fanboyism affects thousands a day

    The cure to fanboyism? a backslap, may require more then one application

  3. #13
    StealDragon's Avatar
    StealDragon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NCC-1701
    Posts
    13,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jyuu View Post
    New big names:
    Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears of War, etc
    Can't type more atmm game of Starcraft beginning now.
    bioshock i heard is also on PS3. not sure but last i checked its listed for it on Gamespot. Mass Effect is one game and the other one ... Too Human, Game Informer said it sucked. no gears of war for 2007 either . leaving not much else and three or four big titles a year isnt enough to stop Sony.

    as for Talamare. people can complain all they want about how hard it is to make games, tools can always be upgraded and experience makes things easier. wait and see.


    I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
    I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
    before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends


    [Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009

  4. #14
    LordMelkor is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    275

    Default

    The thing about the ps3 is that none of the games in question have actually been released, its all just expectations. So the only thing propelling it's sales truly is brand loyalty. The 360 actually has good games at the moment.

    But. i wanna wii. cuz they are cool. Too bad they dont have any overly impressive games at the moment. (i wanna buy LoZ:TP for the GC).

  5. #15
    MadDogMike is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StealDragon View Post
    bioshock i heard is also on PS3. not sure but last i checked its listed for it on Gamespot. Mass Effect is one game and the other one ... Too Human, Game Informer said it sucked. no gears of war for 2007 either . leaving not much else and three or four big titles a year isnt enough to stop Sony.
    Last time I checked, the PS2 only had about 3 or 4 games of the same caliber per year too. It had plenty of games that were merely "good", but only the same amount of truly excellent titles.

    So Too Human is going to suck, I saw that coming a mile away. What about Mass Effect though? From what I understand of your post, you're either ignoring it or saying it sucks too. I can't figure out which. I think that Mass Effect is going to be awesome though, from what I've seen. The battle system could use a few changes though (I don't like the 3rd person camera, takes away from the RPG feeling).

  6. #16
    StealDragon's Avatar
    StealDragon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NCC-1701
    Posts
    13,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordMelkor View Post
    The thing about the ps3 is that none of the games in question have actually been released, its all just expectations. So the only thing propelling it's sales truly is brand loyalty. The 360 actually has good games at the moment.
    yeah... like six... <_< just because the PS3 isnt much more powerful (if at all) doesnt mean the 360 is good.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadDogMike View Post
    Last time I checked, the PS2 only had about 3 or 4 games of the same caliber per year too. It had plenty of games that were merely "good", but only the same amount of truly excellent titles.
    ever seen a bad Gran Turismo? a bad Ratchet and Clank? a bad Metal Gear Solid? a bad Final Fantasy (review wise, leave you op out >_>)... not to mention the other titles ps2 had dozens of must have titles all throught its life unlike the other two systems. i see no reason to think differently about the next generation. m$ is building new and great IPs but Sony is doing the same coupled with Sonys already higher count of must have titles to build on i think theyll stay #1 in software.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDogMike View Post
    So Too Human is going to suck, I saw that coming a mile away. What about Mass Effect though? From what I understand of your post, you're either ignoring it or saying it sucks too. I can't figure out which. I think that Mass Effect is going to be awesome though, from what I've seen. The battle system could use a few changes though (I don't like the 3rd person camera, takes away from the RPG feeling).
    honesltly i dunno much about Mass Effect, i dont really keep up with the 360 titles. however ive yet to hear a negative thing about it so its securely on my list of new IPs for M$ that wont suck *nasty look at Crackdown* ... so much potential...


    I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
    I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
    before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends


    [Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009

  7. #17
    thebuddybud is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    46

    Default

    3rd party game developers trust playstation, for its high specs and requirements needed for the game

  8. #18
    MadDogMike is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StealDragon View Post
    ever seen a bad Gran Turismo? a bad Ratchet and Clank? a bad Metal Gear Solid? a bad Final Fantasy (review wise, leave you op out >_>)... not to mention the other titles ps2 had dozens of must have titles all throught its life unlike the other two systems. i see no reason to think differently about the next generation. m$ is building new and great IPs but Sony is doing the same coupled with Sonys already higher count of must have titles to build on i think theyll stay #1 in software.
    I see your point, but games that are merely "good" or "ok" don't really cut it for me anymore. They're usually just your run of the mill, been-there-done-that games that keep younger people busy, but don't deserve to sit on the same level of greatness as games like Ninja Gaiden, Knights of the Old Republic, Resident Evil 4, Gears of War, etc. For me these days, a game is only really worth putting large amounts of time into it if it goes out of its way to be more than just "good", to stand out from the crowd in some way. There's really only a couple of games per console per year that actually get me excited.

    Quote Originally Posted by thebuddybud View Post
    3rd party game developers trust playstation, for its high specs and requirements needed for the game
    I have no idea what you think you just said, but you shouldn't have bothered saying it...

  9. #19
    Elcura is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Same could be said about most people, but the games that sell to the general public really are just "good" or "ok", mainly sports games that have no updates other then graphics and player lists.

    But you'll find that if you aren't overcritical you can find fun in a lot of games, there are loads of games on the same level as the games you listed but it's up to person personal taste. But I think you'll find that lots of the people getting a PS3 are only getting it for the games (which is the main reason anyone should buy a console).

  10. #20
    thakon_12 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebuddybud View Post
    3rd party game developers trust playstation, for its high specs and requirements needed for the game
    I think the point was to show that the game will run its best on the ps3. Well 3rd party devs are going to release for both systems if they can. Because if they aren't making money from Sony or M$ like Rare is, then there is no real reason to cut the rest of the market out. And with that happening the devs are going to write for the 360 level and port to the Ps3. Its not going to affect anything gameplay or graphics wise but your going to get your Oblivions, GTA's and RE5's. Great games on either system.

    I'm leaving the wii out of this discussion on purpose. Your most likely not going to get a 360 AND a ps3 but very likely to get a Wii60 or PSii. Most people have already made up their mind about Wii.


    Bioshock does not look like its coming to PS3, just 360 and PC.Crackdown,

    My mind is wandering too much. I post now, so I don't loose the rest later.
    Your not going crazy! Your going sane in a crazy world.



 

 
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79