Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    be0wulf is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    The only reason why I'd get an XBox...would be Halo 3.

    Wii would be MGS, SSB, Zelda, etc. Plus it's uberawesome controller.

    PS3...personally I'm not a FF fanb0i so...meh. Some of their games (like Assassin's Creed? I think that's PS3) sound kinda interesting though. BUT it still doesn't justify it's price tag.

    I'll probably end up getting an XBox come Christmas time, but that's only 'cuz I'm addicted to Halo =/


    http://www.chunlikickedme.com

  2. #32
    rabidfuzzybunny is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bishiville
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Xbox 360 or a Wii, I'd take either of them over a PS3, at least until Sony gets the price on it down.

    I was more than a little annoyed when I read Sony planned to slash the price on the low end model of the PS3 by 20% to $499 for the Japan market, but outside Japan it would be selling at the regular higher price. Even with that discount the thing would be priced around what-50% more than the cost of a Wii?

  3. #33
    Nogard Laets is offline Banned Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by be0wulf
    The only reason why I'd get an XBox...would be Halo 3.

    Wii would be MGS, SSB, Zelda, etc. Plus it's uberawesome controller.

    PS3...personally I'm not a FF fanb0i so...meh. Some of their games (like Assassin's Creed? I think that's PS3) sound kinda interesting though. BUT it still doesn't justify it's price tag.

    I'll probably end up getting an XBox come Christmas time, but that's only 'cuz I'm addicted to Halo =/
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidfuzzybunny
    Xbox 360 or a Wii, I'd take either of them over a PS3, at least until Sony gets the price on it down.

    I was more than a little annoyed when I read Sony planned to slash the price on the low end model of the PS3 by 20% to $499 for the Japan market, but outside Japan it would be selling at the regular higher price. Even with that discount the thing would be priced around what-50% more than the cost of a Wii?
    remind me as to what part of this conversation has to do with playstation?

    ... and say fanb0i again... i dare you.

  4. #34
    rabidfuzzybunny is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bishiville
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nogard Laets
    remind me as to what part of this conversation has to do with playstation?
    Last paragraph of original post.

    "I foresee the 360 winning the North American region and the Wii winning in Japan and a 40-35-25 (360, Wii, PS3 respectively) in Europe."

    All three consoles are mentioned. I'd agree that at least initially the Wii will win in Japan and the Xbox 360 will do much better in sales outside of Japan. One of the reasons why the PS3 has such an uncompetitive price though compared to either of the other game consoles is the Blu Ray drive it comes with.

  5. #35
    98abaile's Avatar
    98abaile is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    An Englishman in a shithole somewhere in Wales.
    Posts
    7,892

    Default

    I also see the price of the PS3 dropping PDQ after release.

  6. #36
    Tsukumaru is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Sony is giving something like a $100 price cut on PS3, but that's just for Japan.

  7. #37
    rodis3d is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    87

    Default

    haven't you heard of the rumor (not sure if it was or not) about every wiimote being a sort of micro-memorycard with a personalizeable profile on it?

    if that's so everyone could bring his own controller (wasn't it supposed to be an "everybody's console"?)

 

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162