The only reason why the -1 point for 30 post worked for me because I would be here no matter how long the game is. That's why I made it.
If your going to use it then allow people to subtract it when your not here or make a sub mod for the game to watch it. (I canceled all my plans and stay home all day to watch the game in 18 all I did wassit on my but and watch my laptop gather dust)
anyway Let me join this "G"-thang
The point system for the questions in my game was also different than yours. I had attached set points to the questions and awarded them to the first person I got the correct answers from.
Stolen Sig Count: 26
so here we go, i hope this will be the last time i change the rules...
every player got 10 points...
25 points max...
only 1 point can be removed or added at a time, you cannot add points to yourself...
you have to wait either two post or 30 min to make another post...
the dead can still add or take away points after they died but they have to wait 4 posts...
you can remove/add any number of points from a player as long as you remove the same amount of points +1 from yourself (can only be used once in a game)
i just added the exchange rule form the earlier games who knows if it might become useful...
i will not take away a point every 30 post if you don't post, because i think it's unfair, some players just cannot be active...
- are in effect (players outside of the duel cannot add or take away points from the duellists)...
- end after 10 post (just the post made by the duelists count) or if one of the players dies...
- each duel gets one set of questions...
- if you decline a duel you'll lose 1 point...
- you cannot have more than one duel at a time...
- while in duel you can add points to yourself...
- i'll post some questions at random during the game and at each duel...
- questions come in sets, 4 questions in each set, with different point values (from 1-5) depending on their difficulty..
- the first person to answer a question right gets the points for that question and can either add them to himself or another player
or remove it from someones point count...
- you can only aswer once to the same question...
- if the aswer is wrong you'll lose 1 point regardless of the questions point value...
so now i'm thinking about a pause in the game after some hours, to give everyone a chance to play, but i don't really now if thats a good idea so what do you think?
is there still something that unbalance the game?
maybe the players that already hostet a game can give me some advice...
Last edited by Kiamnenieh; 09-25-2008 at 01:32 AM.
I really like these rules. Everything balances out generally as much as possible.
You can add pauses however you want. If you decide to pause the game after a certain time though, try to make the pause so that players in the different timezones have had a chance to play too.
Stolen Sig Count: 26
^that was the idea...
i need to know the time zones so i can decide when to pause and when to restart the game...
Last edited by Gunmetal Gray; 09-24-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Ura I don't think the game would last that long...
Kiam if no one post in 30 minutes can the dead post or they still have to follow the 4 post rule.
^well, yeah they can post after 30 mins...