TOM - Rules, discussion, sign up!
"The Original Mafia"
Looking at recent mafia games, I thought, why not take to the root and have an ORIGINAL Mafia game.
Nothing fancy, nothing new: basic rules only!
Other thing is, this game will be relatively small compared to the others, needing 7 players with one of the following setups
a) 2 mafia, 1 cop, 1 doc, 3 townies
b) 2 mafia, 1 cop, 4 townies
c) 2 mafia, 1 doc, 4 townies
d) 2 mafia, 5 townies
Since its a low count game, it will start on the Day Phase.
The Rulesstolen shamelessly from meme)
I'd have planed to create a bigger game, but will be too much for me right now, also newcomers are welcome, but I have to warn all that its a complete different way of playing then the normal mafia games that occur on ST.
- Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
- Please be attentive and unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not required, but I’d appreciate it.
- Executions will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. You may vote: no lynch – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a lynch.
- The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
- Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing.
- Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts
- Don’t quote any PMs from me.
- If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me, tough! No choice will be made.
- If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
- Remember, it’s a game. It’s supposed to played. It’s supposed to be fun. Do your part.
- With each death I will reveal that person role.
Just for some clarification, when I mean "Majority" of votes, I mean (50%+1) So 7 players need 4 votes to lynch someone.
The game ends when Mafia = Townies, since with that wouldn't be possible anymore to reach majority of votes, or townies kill all mafia.
Also because of game size, I'll make it a little faster paced:
Day phase ends soon majority of votes get to a consensus or 36hours have passed, whichever comes first! (no lynch is also a regular vote like I said)
If someone has to absent leave for long period of time, someone else may take that person place.
Another different thing from ST mafia games, there will be no topic break.. we start this topic, we will end on this topic..
(So for that I ask Vol, for let us break a little rules, mainly double posting, as I ask that NO ONE EDIT THEIR POSTS!) if you need to add anything do so in another post, but never modify something already posted. I know that you did because it shows below your post, so don't try.
I'll post when the night begin, and I ask that no one speak during it.
The night will end as soon mafia/doc/cop make their decision (within 24hours)
If anyone is interested: /confirm, we will start as soon 7 is reached.
2 mafia seems a bit high.
They usually have a 1:5 ratio. I'm not sure how the relatively high guardian/seer to player ratio will do though.
We could add few more players I guess.. 9
But having one mafia isn't that much of fun, since half of his advantage is knowing the other mafia..
this sounds fun i want to play less people means it is easier then 17 people
since I'm already dead in the other game...
I'd like to try my luck here...
even with 2/3 mafia to 6/7 townies
How many hours is each day?
edit: NM, it's over there. Add me in, I'd like it if it is very fast paced.
^well I'll follow your advise sakura and give this game a try.
Count me in.
"sleep with me tonight, sweety" ~sakura_hana~