Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Aurora86 is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    On campus dodging lectures :p
    Posts
    970

    Default

    Jakko dear your first three points are in fact One point.
    Chiza has suspected Jakko from the start and from IRC convos I now believe it's highly possible so sorry babes but Jakko

  2. #32
    Quiraikotsu is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Behind you... BWHAHAHAH
    Posts
    2,705

    Default

    ^
    How come you died in the other games so quick? :/

  3. #33
    Jakko's Avatar
    Jakko is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    4,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora86 View Post
    Jakko dear your first three points are in fact One point.
    Chiza has suspected Jakko from the start and from IRC convos I now believe it's highly possible so sorry babes but Jakko
    You know, you are really hard to track down. I wanted to tell you that I started reading the first book in A Song of Ice and Fire, Game of Thrones. It is great, you are right(though I find some of the stuff, like that 13 year old having sex, gross). Only problem, you said it was only four books! I looked into it, there will be seven in the series(as not all are out yet), and two prequels(already out). I really hate reading a series that is not done yet, as I have to wait after getting hooked. Drat and bebother! XD
    P.S. - I know they are one point. I am drawing it out for emphasis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiraikotsu View Post
    ^
    How come you died in the other games so quick? :/
    I dunno. Always a regular townie, and always killed early. I tried playing more low-key this game so I would live longer, and now everyone thinks I am a wolf.

  4. #34
    echoblaze is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakko View Post
    Wrong. I am publically stating I want a PM. Everyone knows I do. On one hand, if I am townie, you gain the only vocal critic against you(if you are the seer). If I am mafia, well, you have clean hands, and a correct tally(seeing as how it will be impossible to keep tally otherwise, now that the coroner is gone). Kill too many people you "know" are wolves, without confirming them, and people might start to question how many times in the past your "knowledge" was flawed(afterall, by your count there should only be three left, right?).
    if i'm guilty, then there's no use in arguing with you obviously, since i can't ping. so let's say i'm innocent. again, i seriously doubt that you're a townie due to your support of previous mafioso. possible counter-argument to that might be "mafia would want to remain hidden", but would that still be the case if their hitman was under accusation ? would they not want *some* sort of vocal support to sway the townies ? more so, when more of their numbers is under attack.

    now let's say that you're guilty. where does this leave me ? i ping you, you show up as a mafia. then i tell the forum that you're a mafia. but then you tell the forum that you're a townie and i'm lying. then it's back to square one. and what if you're the spy ? then you'll show up as a townie, and we'll need to use two pings to reconfirm.

    now, you might say that two pings is not much and is worth the certainty, but i don't agree. this game will probably be reduced to a search & destroy operation by the remaining seer (i think i'm probably dying tonight), and s/he needs to verify quite a few people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakko View Post
    I voted against DNA. I don't see that proves anything. Ask anyone that knows mangaguy. He was banned here once for spamming. This silence is waaaaay out of his character. I am sure that some of those in your little coven know him well enough to tell you that.
    no no, you don't get my point. aurora and mangaguy voted for DNA *before* aikido revealed himself, back when aikido just used "they voted for T_P" as an argument. in fact, i was at first suspicious, since aikido started the lynch off with asianmaster, and even though it'd be logical to also vote asianmaster since they agreed with him, they voted for DNA instead.

    if by "coven" you mean "safelist", then sure, maybe they might tell me about him later.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakko View Post
    And if I wasn't mafia? Then killing me in the day time is the only way to kill me off, where people will not look back at my previous posts and ask why the wolves want me dead. It is, in effect, the least suspicious way. Kill me at night, and my innocence, and, in effect, accusations, are proven. My question to manga is, which post hit too close to the mark?
    but if you were ? that's the thing. your point isn't really a point - it's a hypothetical scenario that could go either way.

  5. #35
    Jakko's Avatar
    Jakko is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    4,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by echoblaze View Post
    if i'm guilty, then there's no use in arguing with you obviously, since i can't ping. so let's say i'm innocent. again, i seriously doubt that you're a townie due to your support of previous mafioso. possible counter-argument to that might be "mafia would want to remain hidden", but would that still be the case if their hitman was under accusation ? would they not want *some* sort of vocal support to sway the townies ? more so, when more of their numbers is under attack.

    now let's say that you're guilty. where does this leave me ? i ping you, you show up as a mafia. then i tell the forum that you're a mafia. but then you tell the forum that you're a townie and i'm lying. then it's back to square one. and what if you're the spy ? then you'll show up as a townie, and we'll need to use two pings to reconfirm.

    now, you might say that two pings is not much and is worth the certainty, but i don't agree. this game will probably be reduced to a search & destroy operation by the remaining seer (i think i'm probably dying tonight), and s/he needs to verify quite a few people.



    no no, you don't get my point. aurora and mangaguy voted for DNA *before* aikido revealed himself, back when aikido just used "they voted for T_P" as an argument. in fact, i was at first suspicious, since aikido started the lynch off with asianmaster, and even though it'd be logical to also vote asianmaster since they agreed with him, they voted for DNA instead.

    if by "coven" you mean "safelist", then sure, maybe they might tell me about him later.



    but if you were ? that's the thing. your point isn't really a point - it's a hypothetical scenario that could go either way.
    No, I mean "coven" in the classical sense.
    Exactly, this is hypothetical. I am also willing to bet that your "safelist" is hypothetical. Afterall, have you pinged every member of your "safelist" 2x to ensure they are not the spy? Exactly how "safe" is it? When taking that into account, since your whole theory for killing me is itself hypothetical, I think you should at least give me the benefit of the doubt and ping me. Afterall, if I were a wolf, would I really ask to be pinged? Even if I was the spy, I wouldn't want this kind of publicity.

  6. #36
    flash is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    Jakko, even your wife (soon to be widow) testify that you're a wolf,
    anyway can we fast forward this, I'm tired reading this huge posts ....

    argh Steal is gone for the weekend, well get better soon Steal.

  7. #37
    mangaguy is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakko View Post
    Yeah, what DE said. Also, since I am pretty much dead as well, I could help out too, if you want.

    ...Wow, six days, a new record for me...too bad there are some poor fools being tricked by rhetoric.

    If anyone is so sure I am a wolf, ping me. Go ahead, I have nothing to hide. However, I think it is foolish to kill someone that has only tried to help the townies, not even giving them a ping chance to show their innocence.

    @manga - Wow, I am not going to even bother replying to your post with an indignant response. You smell so much of a wolf, it is pathetic that people would suspect me over you. Consider the facts:
    1. Mangauy, a notorious spammer, who loves to post, is largely silent.
    2. Mangaguy, a usually very active poster, is trying to stay below the radar.
    3. Mangaguy, the only guy that usually talks the most in this game, is trying to stay as silent as possible, using the excuse he is not around, and accuses others. Not at all what a wolf would do. Right?
    4. Mangaguy, who starts a bandwagon against me, has the gall to accuse me, an active poster that is trying to keep people wary, make people keep their wits about them. In essence, trying to keep the wolves from killing us all. Manga accuses me of being wolfish. That smacks of so much irony, it is pathetic and hilarious at the same time. I will give it the slow, sarcastic clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap.

    My question is, who are you protecting, manga? Who is it that I accused, that killing me in the night phase would raise the townies suspicion? Was it someone on that list I made? Did one of my comments strike a bit too close to the truth, enough so that I had to die, yet couldn't be killed off at night, proving I was a townie telling the truth? Who was it, wolf?

    I think everyone should consider that. Consider that very hard.

    I ask only that the seer ping me. Let me show my innocence, before throwing me away. It is foolish not to.
    1. Even if I was active before, now I am not, I have posted rarely in the past several months, and I haven't changed because of the mafia game....
    2. Same as 1.
    3. Same as 1.
    4. I voted for you because of the previous day, when you try to sway the vote over to echo with adonai. The others followed probably because of the same reasons.

    Jakko, throughout the game, you have acted townie-ish. But you slipped up when you accused echo. Your time is up, wolf.

    Also, if you were a spy and you were dying, you would plead for them to ping you, to prove your innocence.

  8. #38
    echoblaze is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakko View Post
    No, I mean "coven" in the classical sense.
    Exactly, this is hypothetical. I am also willing to bet that your "safelist" is hypothetical. Afterall, have you pinged every member of your "safelist" 2x to ensure they are not the spy? Exactly how "safe" is it? When taking that into account, since your whole theory for killing me is itself hypothetical, I think you should at least give me the benefit of the doubt and ping me. Afterall, if I were a wolf, would I really ask to be pinged? Even if I was the spy, I wouldn't want this kind of publicity.
    my safelist is around 90%+ safe, and i'm willing to bet on them. i'm obviously not 100% sure you're mafia, but i peg it at around 80%. pings aren't the only thing to determine safe-ness, afterall. there are actions and words to be taken into account.

    if a person in my safelist turns out to be mafia, then i certainly deserve to lose - that person is a helluva lot more clever than i am.

    edit: and in any case, if the other seer dies, it'll fall down to guesswork. it's impossible to play this game without making some sort of gamble.

    edit2: in case i die tonight, compiled thoughts on remaining members (if you don't believe me, you won't believe my reviews either. this is for the people that do believe me) -

    apocalypticark - voted dante (randomly?) first round, but aside from that, nothing out of ordinary and somewhat inactive
    Aurora86 - likely innocent: voted dna before aikido revealed his secret
    be0wulf (inactive) - possibly mafia, but wouldn't ping him till better targets are done
    Chizabubble - made a plan with jakko to test aikido. everyone can agree to that. besides that, not much else to go on
    deathincarnate - not very active. can't tell either way.
    echoblaze - omg that's me
    El gus - sided with the mafia, but seems to have valid concerns. less suspicious than others.
    emynd (inactive) - possibly mafia, but wouldn't ping him till better targets are done
    flash - likely innocent, quirai can testify
    henchy432 (inactive) - possibly mafia, but wouldn't ping him till better targets are done
    jakko - probably mafia, sided with mafia
    kaom - likely innocent, silver can testify if she was alive
    kawaiikitsune - not likely mafia, supported me when results were uncertain =) but other than that, not much to go on
    kazechrno - mentioned not getting any PM at the start of the game, probably safe
    mangaguy - likely innocent: voted dna before aikido revealed his secret
    mystic_guard_sinoel - voted T_P, but changed from asianmaster to dna2. very confusing. unsure about him.
    quiraikotsu - not mafia, is a mason. masons are not mafia.
    spermworm - probably mafia, sided with mafia
    Spurgu - votes randomly, but i hear that's how he rolls =\
    vincent - not likely mafia, supported me when results were uncertain =) but other than that, not much to go on

    again, if you trust me, trust kaom when i'm dead =) thanks
    Last edited by echoblaze; 04-20-2007 at 10:34 PM.

 

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162