Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    Talamare is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Belem do Para, Brasil
    Posts
    2,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamie1990 View Post
    woah really?! I'm sorry I didn't spot that before. something's gone terribly wrong here.
    yea the fleet movement rules got totally raped

    for instance its normally suppose to be (to move breast -> portugal)
    -> = new turn

    Breast -> Mid atlantic -> Portugal

    But with the messed up rules it says we can just go

    Breast -> Portugal

    however they have been judged to be too far away and the move became

    Breast -> Spain

    even if thier technically same distance

  2. #22
    cpr's Avatar
    cpr
    cpr is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamie1990
    CPR you've made a mistake.

    germany's army in Holland does not get forced out because Frances unit in belgium does not have any support.


    Quote:
    France:
    A Belgium - Attack - Holland
    F Picardy - Support - Belgium advances
    F Breast - Support - Belgium advances
    neither Picardy or brest are next to holland so they cannot support belgium into it. Brest isn't next to belgium! as such belgium does not get into holland and it bounces back. please can you edit this minor mistake. thanks
    a mistake? hmr...

    Quote Originally Posted by coolpuprocks View Post

    THE SUPPORT ORDER- A unit may give up its move in order to support another unit trying to hold or enter a space. This space must be one to which the supporting unit could have made a move if not opposed by other units. that is, the space must be adjacent to that in which the supporting unit is located, and must be suitable for an army or fleet, whichever the supporting unit may be. Fleets may support armies, and vice versa.
    aiya!! Shitttttttz. I misinterpruted the bold and should've continued reading...

    Quote Originally Posted by coolpuprocks
    Note that a unit does not have to be next to the unit it is supporting; it must be next to the space in which it is delivering support.
    Apologies to both France & Germany. Germany will be given Holand back.

    ------
    I don't think anyone knew that about supports. garrr..... I wish this was drawn to my attention earlier. I'm like 100% positive there's some more fuck-ups in the past fall/spring regarding that rule.

    oops.

    Err.. Germany's support thingy will be fixed. If I misinterpruted supports in an earlier stage... everyone else will not be able to change theirs now cause they should've caught that earlier. XD

    and.. again. Sorry. This is also my first time playing the game =_= ;;;;;

    -----------------------------------

    Now.. about that Bulgarian Fleet (Russia)

    I added this rule earlier: 1)These fleets are jumping too much in my opinion and are confusing me. For now on, fleets can only move along the coasts of wherever in their ocean and in their adjacent ocean in one turn.

    cause I had no idea how to interprut these fleets. You can't quite leave them in a middle of an ocean (how else will other people battle you). I always stuck them on the coast of somewhere.

    Now... since they're on the coastlines..

    Bulgarian Fleet Russia was in Bulgaria....
    Around Black Sea are

    Rumania --- cannot go. Own army is there
    St. Constantinople-- cannot go. Owned by the province of the attacker
    Ankara-- cannot go. Owned by the province of the attacker
    Stevastopol-- cannot go. Owned by the province of the attacker
    Armania- cannot go. Owned by the province of the attacker

    Quote Originally Posted by me
    It must move to a space to which it could ordinarily move if unopposed; that is, to an adjacent space suitable to an army or to a fleet, as the case may be. The unit may not retreat, however, to any space that is occupied, not to the space the attacker came from, not to a space which was left vacant due to a stand-off on the move.
    I should've said "province" instead of space if that makes things more clearer. Though.. I think that's kind of common sence.

    If you're attacked by your enemy... you wouldn't retreat into enemy territory.

  3. #23
    Talamare is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Belem do Para, Brasil
    Posts
    2,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolpuprocks View Post
    cause I had no idea how to interprut these fleets. You can't quite leave them in a middle of an ocean (how else will other people battle you). I always stuck them on the coast of somewhere.

    Now... since they're on the coastlines..
    other fleets or leave them out there
    If you put a fleet in an ocean it just sits there
    if you attack a coast with a fleet it moves onto the land

    youre cutting fleets movements more and more, their barely able to move correctly now

    also hasnt there been like 100 occasions where theres been a fleet and an army on same province

    Englands breaking that rule twice, they even broke it during unit constructions, where they spawned 2 units in the same spot

    edit also theres no where to park our fleets to support advancing into holland
    since we cant enter north sea without owning a area within it, and the only area we own is belgium which already has an army, not to mention that every other park place is enemy territory

    its like advancing into a brick wall of rules
    Last edited by Talamare; 10-11-2006 at 03:12 PM.

  4. #24
    Aikido is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,658

    Default

    these rules are getting too confusing for me to sift through.

  5. #25
    cpr's Avatar
    cpr
    cpr is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
    other fleets or leave them out there
    If you put a fleet in an ocean it just sits there
    if you attack a coast with a fleet it moves onto the land

    youre cutting fleets movements more and more, their barely able to move correctly now

    also hasnt there been like 100 occasions where theres been a fleet and an army on same province

    Englands breaking that rule twice, they even broke it during unit constructions, where they spawned 2 units in the same spot

    edit also theres no where to park our fleets to support advancing into holland
    since we cant enter north sea without owning a area within it, and the only area we own is belgium which already has an army, not to mention that every other park place is enemy territory

    its like advancing into a brick wall of rules
    Fleets at the moment could move anywhere along the coastlines of their oceans and also the coastlines of adjacent ocean's coastlines, So.. that would mean someone like F.Picardy could go to Wales, Liverpool, Edinburgh, York, Portugal at the moment..

    That kind of makes sence. Like, if it was A. Picardy, it could only move to Paris at the moment.

    See, the problem I'm having with "let's just go and chill in the English Channel" is... "how many can I let go there?" I thought each spot is allowed only 1 person. Which would mean how would everyone else be able to drive through there? Fight?

    Err.. this isn't a battle for the seas. Just land.

    And.. If they didn't fight, then I'd be making a "safety zone" for fleets which is really not fair since some places started with more fleets than other. Why should fleets be given "safety zones" while armies do not?

    The only exception I'm allowing at the moment for having multiples in a spot would be for convoys cause I'm not too sure what to do with the fleet after it delivers the army....

    hmr.. not sure why London has 2... *glares at Aikido.* I wish someone pointed that out earlier...Move it or lose it Aikido!

    I'm kinda going on the "If you don't point out the mistake on the cycle the mistake was made it's too late to change it"

    P.S.
    This game is orginially called "diplomacy" for a reason. Some things will be impossible to do alone. England can support France, Germany can support Russia, ect.

  6. #26
    flash is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    that's more like it CPR....finally.
    Lol we are guinea pig in this first game.

    Quote Originally Posted by coolpuprocks View Post
    I added this rule earlier: 1)These fleets are jumping too much in my opinion and are confusing me. For now on, fleets can only move along the coasts of wherever in their ocean and in their adjacent ocean in one turn.
    excuse us, but we are just following the unwritten rule :P

    for ther convoy rule, how about if you attack (convoy) you will be counted as 2 but if you get attacked you will be counted as 1? so we are giving the drawback for convoy.

    so for example, if you win a battle w/ convoy, and next turn if your convoy get attack by 2 army/fleet, you will lose.
    Last edited by flash; 10-11-2006 at 05:16 PM.

  7. #27
    Talamare is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Belem do Para, Brasil
    Posts
    2,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolpuprocks View Post
    Fleets at the moment could move anywhere along the coastlines of their oceans and also the coastlines of adjacent ocean's coastlines, So.. that would mean someone like F.Picardy could go to Wales, Liverpool, Edinburgh, York, Portugal at the moment..

    That kind of makes sence. Like, if it was A. Picardy, it could only move to Paris at the moment.

    See, the problem I'm having with "let's just go and chill in the English Channel" is... "how many can I let go there?" I thought each spot is allowed only 1 person. Which would mean how would everyone else be able to drive through there? Fight?

    Err.. this isn't a battle for the seas. Just land.

    And.. If they didn't fight, then I'd be making a "safety zone" for fleets which is really not fair since some places started with more fleets than other. Why should fleets be given "safety zones" while armies do not?

    The only exception I'm allowing at the moment for having multiples in a spot would be for convoys cause I'm not too sure what to do with the fleet after it delivers the army....

    hmr.. not sure why London has 2... *glares at Aikido.* I wish someone pointed that out earlier...Move it or lose it Aikido!

    I'm kinda going on the "If you don't point out the mistake on the cycle the mistake was made it's too late to change it"

    P.S.
    This game is orginially called "diplomacy" for a reason. Some things will be impossible to do alone. England can support France, Germany can support Russia, ect.
    In that case can we own portugal since I did point it out back then

  8. #28
    Hanul is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Playing go on a goban somewhere
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    No you dont,you never pointed it out untill now,and your units where in Portugal several turns ago,not the last turn.

    Until one has given everything, one has given nothing.
    óGeorges Guynemer

  9. #29
    Talamare is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Belem do Para, Brasil
    Posts
    2,005

    Default

    http://www.stoptazmo.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=7

    see i did mention it
    i didnt make it a huge case since it would just seem like it was whine
    and it was spring 1902, the time in which all lands youre on gets your ownership
    Last edited by Talamare; 10-11-2006 at 06:31 PM.

  10. #30
    Talamare is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Belem do Para, Brasil
    Posts
    2,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolpuprocks View Post
    So.. that would mean someone like F.Picardy could go to Wales, Liverpool, Edinburgh, York, Portugal at the moment..

    That kind of makes sence. Like, if it was A. Picardy, it could only move to Paris at the moment.
    ...
    I'm kinda going on the "If you don't point out the mistake on the cycle the mistake was made it's too late to change it"
    This is my first time playing this game, and I wont even try to be the rule god

    Im just reading and using the best of my abilities to define them

    Its not that hard to understand whats written in the quotes
    But I beg of you, please correct me if Im mistaken, Id rather look foolish then lose a turn

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79