Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    dizzcity is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    891

    Default What happened to the summaries?

    Just a question, really: there was a thread in the Announcements Forum some months ago asking for summaries of the series that didn't have them yet. I recall that it was eventually locked and taken down after about 16 pages of posts, but the staff said that they were planning to go through them and post up the good ones.

    Whatever happened to those summaries? Are you guys still reading through them, or have they been lost, or something? Or is it just way, way down the to-do list and somebody else's problem? :P

    -Dizz-

    EDIT: Made a list, just to prove a point.

    Series that still need summaries: (68 out of 105 series)
    - Ah My Goddess
    - Air Gear
    - Ai Yori Aoshi
    - Aka Chan to Boku
    - Angel Dust
    - Ao no Fuuin
    - Appleseed
    - Arigatou
    - Ashita no Joe
    - Basilisk
    - Battle Royale
    - Blame
    - Bobobo
    - Bokurano
    - Breaction
    - Busou Renkin
    - BxB Brothers
    - B Shock
    - CannonGod Exaxxion
    - Chaosic Rune
    - Chokotto Sister
    - Cowboy Bebop
    - D-gray man
    - Daa Daa Daa
    - Dan Doh
    - DearS
    - DNAngel
    - Escaflowne
    - Eternal Sabbath
    - Family Compo
    - Full Metal Panic
    - Gacha Gacha
    - Gakuen Heaven
    - Get Backers
    - Gintama
    - Good Morning Call
    - GunBlazeWest
    - G Senjou Heaven's Door
    - Hagane
    - He is my Master
    - Hot Gimmick
    - Island
    - Kekkaishi
    - Koi Kaze
    - Level E
    - Lovely Complex
    - Love Monster
    - Love Scar
    - Mahoromatic
    - Najica
    - Onegai Teacher
    - Onegai Twins
    - Pastel
    - Peace Maker
    - Perfect Girl Evolution
    - Prince of Tennis
    - Red Eyes
    - Rough
    - Ryuguden
    - Samurai Baby
    - Shounan Junai Gumi
    - Shura no Mon
    - Slamdunk
    - Tenjou Tenge
    - The Hating Girl
    - Yamato Gensouki
    - Yuu Yuu Hakusho
    - Zetman

    Series that have summaries: (37 out of 105 series)
    - 337 Byooshi
    - 666 Satan
    - Addicted to Curry
    - Aishiteruze Baby
    - Believers
    - Black Cat
    - Bleach
    - Bowling King
    - Chobits
    - Deadman
    - Death Note
    - Elfen Lied
    - Emma
    - Eyeshield 21
    - Freesia
    - Fruits Basket
    - Futari Ecchi
    - Gantz
    - Gekkoh
    - Gto
    - Hen
    - Hunter x Hunter
    - King of Thorns
    - Kiseijuu
    - Mahou Sensei Negima
    - Mai-Hime
    - Naruto
    - One Piece
    - Open Sesame
    - Planetes
    - Pretty Face
    - Rookies
    - School Rumble
    - Shaman King
    - Show Me The Money
    - Spiral
    - Zombie Hunter

    Series that have summaries which could be improved on: (9 out of 37 series)
    - Bowling King (grammar, spelling)
    - Elfen Lied (grammar, spelling)
    - Eyeshield 21 (name wrong)
    - Freesia (grammar, spelling)
    - Futari Ecchi (grammar, spelling)
    - Gantz (grammar, tone)
    - Naruto (one small name mistake)
    - Pretty Face (grammar, spelling)
    - Show Me The Money (spelling)


    This means that about 2/3rds of the manga that StopTazmo hosts have no description attached to them. No wonder we get so many threads in the Misc. section asking "What's this manga about?"

    -Dizz-
    Manga Genre Focus: Romance, Comedy, Slice-of-life. Primarily shounen, then seinen and shoujo.
    Currently watching:

  2. #2
    Kevin Shiel's Avatar
    Kevin Shiel is offline Administrator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,386

    Default Re: What happened to the summaries?

    Quote Originally Posted by dizzcity
    Just a question, really: there was a thread in the Announcements Forum some months ago asking for summaries of the series that didn't have them yet. I recall that it was eventually locked and taken down after about 16 pages of posts, but the staff said that they were planning to go through them and post up the good ones.

    Whatever happened to those summaries? Are you guys still reading through them, or have they been lost, or something? Or is it just way, way down the to-do list and somebody else's problem? :P

    -Dizz-

    EDIT: Made a list, just to prove a point.

    Series that still need summaries: (68 out of 105 series)
    - Ah My Goddess
    - Air Gear
    - Ai Yori Aoshi
    - Aka Chan to Boku
    - Angel Dust
    - Ao no Fuuin
    - Appleseed
    - Arigatou
    - Ashita no Joe
    - Basilisk
    - Battle Royale
    - Blame
    - Bobobo
    - Bokurano
    - Breaction
    - Busou Renkin
    - BxB Brothers
    - B Shock
    - CannonGod Exaxxion
    - Chaosic Rune
    - Chokotto Sister
    - Cowboy Bebop
    - D-gray man
    - Daa Daa Daa
    - Dan Doh
    - DearS
    - DNAngel
    - Escaflowne
    - Eternal Sabbath
    - Family Compo
    - Full Metal Panic
    - Gacha Gacha
    - Gakuen Heaven
    - Get Backers
    - Gintama
    - Good Morning Call
    - GunBlazeWest
    - G Senjou Heaven's Door
    - Hagane
    - He is my Master
    - Hot Gimmick
    - Island
    - Kekkaishi
    - Koi Kaze
    - Level E
    - Lovely Complex
    - Love Monster
    - Love Scar
    - Mahoromatic
    - Najica
    - Onegai Teacher
    - Onegai Twins
    - Pastel
    - Peace Maker
    - Perfect Girl Evolution
    - Prince of Tennis
    - Red Eyes
    - Rough
    - Ryuguden
    - Samurai Baby
    - Shounan Junai Gumi
    - Shura no Mon
    - Slamdunk
    - Tenjou Tenge
    - The Hating Girl
    - Yamato Gensouki
    - Yuu Yuu Hakusho
    - Zetman

    Series that have summaries: (37 out of 105 series)
    - 337 Byooshi
    - 666 Satan
    - Addicted to Curry
    - Aishiteruze Baby
    - Believers
    - Black Cat
    - Bleach
    - Bowling King
    - Chobits
    - Deadman
    - Death Note
    - Elfen Lied
    - Emma
    - Eyeshield 21
    - Freesia
    - Fruits Basket
    - Futari Ecchi
    - Gantz
    - Gekkoh
    - Gto
    - Hen
    - Hunter x Hunter
    - King of Thorns
    - Kiseijuu
    - Mahou Sensei Negima
    - Mai-Hime
    - Naruto
    - One Piece
    - Open Sesame
    - Planetes
    - Pretty Face
    - Rookies
    - School Rumble
    - Shaman King
    - Show Me The Money
    - Spiral
    - Zombie Hunter

    Series that have summaries which could be improved on: (9 out of 37 series)
    - Bowling King (grammar, spelling)
    - Elfen Lied (grammar, spelling)
    - Eyeshield 21 (name wrong)
    - Freesia (grammar, spelling)
    - Futari Ecchi (grammar, spelling)
    - Gantz (grammar, tone)
    - Naruto (one small name mistake)
    - Pretty Face (grammar, spelling)
    - Show Me The Money (spelling)


    This means that about 2/3rds of the manga that StopTazmo hosts have no description attached to them. No wonder we get so many threads in the Misc. section asking "What's this manga about?"

    -Dizz-
    I do have a few reviews that need to be put up.

    If it's so important to have reviews, maybe you could create them for us?

  3. #3
    dizzcity is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: What happened to the summaries?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Shiel
    I do have a few reviews that need to be put up.

    If it's so important to have reviews, maybe you could create them for us?
    Reviews or summaries? I'm talking about summaries, which go into the "Manga Summary" box between the "Site News" and "Manga Downloads" sections for each series page. They're different from reviews, as they have to be objective (ie. tell you what the manga is about). Reviews are the ones that people have submitted via the "Post Review" link next to each chapter, and those are mainly opinion-based (ie. tell you what others think about the manga). I've noticed that some people have mixed them up and posted summaries as reviews, though. (Can't remember which series exactly.)

    As for writing summaries, I've already been doing so for the last few months in various threads, which is why I thought putting summaries on the manga pages themselves as soon as possible would be a great relief. In any case, you should be able to find my summaries for B Shock and Good Morning Call near the end of that summaries thread that was removed.

    Summaries for Daa Daa Daa, Kekkaishi, Ryuguden, Hagane, Love Monster, Perfect Girl Evolution, Tenjou Tenge and Ao no Fuuin can be found in this thread. Summary for Hot Gimmick found here. Summary for Love Scar can be found here. Summary for Rough can be found here.

    As for the rest, I can definitely help to write summaries, but I don't know which ones you're planning to put up and which ones still lack summaries. I don't intend to write reviews, though. And thanks for the fast response.

    -Dizz-
    Manga Genre Focus: Romance, Comedy, Slice-of-life. Primarily shounen, then seinen and shoujo.
    Currently watching:

  4. #4
    Kevin Shiel's Avatar
    Kevin Shiel is offline Administrator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,386

    Default Re: What happened to the summaries?

    Quote Originally Posted by dizzcity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Shiel
    I do have a few reviews that need to be put up.

    If it's so important to have reviews, maybe you could create them for us?
    Reviews or summaries? I'm talking about summaries, which go into the "Manga Summary" box between the "Site News" and "Manga Downloads" sections for each series page. They're different from reviews, as they have to be objective (ie. tell you what the manga is about). Reviews are the ones that people have submitted via the "Post Review" link next to each chapter, and those are mainly opinion-based (ie. tell you what others think about the manga). I've noticed that some people have mixed them up and posted summaries as reviews, though. (Can't remember which series exactly.)

    As for writing summaries, I've already been doing so for the last few months in various threads, which is why I thought putting summaries on the manga pages themselves as soon as possible would be a great relief. In any case, you should be able to find my summaries for B Shock and Good Morning Call near the end of that summaries thread that was removed.

    Summaries for Daa Daa Daa, Kekkaishi, Ryuguden, Hagane, Love Monster, Perfect Girl Evolution, Tenjou Tenge and Ao no Fuuin can be found in this thread. Summary for Hot Gimmick found here. Summary for Love Scar can be found here. Summary for Rough can be found here.

    As for the rest, I can definitely help to write summaries, but I don't know which ones you're planning to put up and which ones still lack summaries. I don't intend to write reviews, though. And thanks for the fast response.

    -Dizz-
    I meant summaries . I was looking through reviews at the time so that's what I put by mistake.

    I only have a few summaries to review and add (10 maybe), so I am not sure which ones we need at this point.

  5. #5
    dizzcity is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Well, when you've found out which ones you need, do let me know, and I'll see how many of them I can write summaries for.

    -Dizzy-
    Manga Genre Focus: Romance, Comedy, Slice-of-life. Primarily shounen, then seinen and shoujo.
    Currently watching:

  6. #6
    boatswain is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    182

    Default

    I offer to write summaries too! Or at least correct whichever ones that have errors..

  7. #7
    godofdeath is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    14

    Default

    yea we need summaries i can also do some if i ever get spare time

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162