Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Suggestion

  1. #1
    GoldenTequila is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    8

    Default Suggestion

    Hello,

    I would like to share an idea.
    I think it would be much better if there is a picture (maybe of a book cover) on each download page for mangas. For instance, if you click on Inuyasha, a user will see a picture of what the manga looks like on that page. I think it would look good and help new users to get even a better idea about each manga even before downloading it (and, I'm guessing it would reduce unnecessary downloads, which would save your bandwidth).

    GT

  2. #2
    Kevin Shiel's Avatar
    Kevin Shiel is offline Administrator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTequila View Post
    Hello,

    I would like to share an idea.
    I think it would be much better if there is a picture (maybe of a book cover) on each download page for mangas. For instance, if you click on Inuyasha, a user will see a picture of what the manga looks like on that page. I think it would look good and help new users to get even a better idea about each manga even before downloading it (and, I'm guessing it would reduce unnecessary downloads, which would save your bandwidth).

    GT
    If someone were to collect pictures for the majority of our 837 series, I would not mind putting the picture up on the download pages honestly.

  3. #3
    dizzcity is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    891

    Default

    To some extent, this has been started in this thread: Manga Summaries Thread.

    But it's obviously not complete, and doesn't cover all of the series being hosted here.

    -Dizzy-
    Manga Genre Focus: Romance, Comedy, Slice-of-life. Primarily shounen, then seinen and shoujo.
    Currently watching:

  4. #4
    highmercury is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    13

    Default

    So several groups have fallen behind on their scans and stoptazmo has picked up on other groups that are farther along, but the thing I've noticed is that (and this is mainly in reference to Histories Strongest Disciple and Air Gear) there is a big chunk of missing chapters in the middle. If a user such as myself has already downloaded them directly from the fansubbing group, would stoptazmo accept an upload? Meaning, could I send you guys the missing chapters to host?

  5. #5
    Kevin Shiel's Avatar
    Kevin Shiel is offline Administrator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highmercury View Post
    So several groups have fallen behind on their scans and stoptazmo has picked up on other groups that are farther along, but the thing I've noticed is that (and this is mainly in reference to Histories Strongest Disciple and Air Gear) there is a big chunk of missing chapters in the middle. If a user such as myself has already downloaded them directly from the fansubbing group, would stoptazmo accept an upload? Meaning, could I send you guys the missing chapters to host?
    Which chapters are we missing? If you could give us the direct download links or maybe upload to a site like MegaUpload, that would be great.

  6. #6
    highmercury is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Air Gear 184-201 and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi 109-143

    Air Gear: Sora Scans doesn't allow you to hotlink their downloads but they are available on their forums.

    HSDK: The files were removed from the forums I found them on.

    Do you guys hotlink or do you upload files on your own server? Because if you have your own set up I could zip them and mediafire it to you if you wanted.

  7. #7
    98abaile's Avatar
    98abaile is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    An Englishman in a shithole somewhere in Wales.
    Posts
    7,892

    Default

    Yeah, we (Kane) host the files ourselves (on the site's server).

  8. #8
    Kevin Shiel's Avatar
    Kevin Shiel is offline Administrator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highmercury View Post
    Air Gear 184-201 and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi 109-143

    Air Gear: Sora Scans doesn't allow you to hotlink their downloads but they are available on their forums.

    HSDK: The files were removed from the forums I found them on.

    Do you guys hotlink or do you upload files on your own server? Because if you have your own set up I could zip them and mediafire it to you if you wanted.
    Upload them somewhere and send me the link and I will get them posted.

  9. #9
    highmercury is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    13

    Default

    OK so it seems

  10. #10
    highmercury is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    13

    Default

    that you need to have posted

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79