Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    Duststorm is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saizou View Post
    I agree with cooler, except that I would put L above Light.

    Rearding Mello, he's nothing special, really. Anyone with half a brain could fill in his role. Hell, even I would do better than he did, were I in his position.
    I find that unfair that you think mello is nothing special. He tricked Light to get the death note. He also manipulated the mafia to work for him which that much nerve and manipulative talent.

    Also I think that L and Light are equal in intelligence. Light had more advantages like having the death note misa shigami eyes and Rem. What did L have against Light that is comparable. If L could have convince Rem to do the eye trade Light would have lost.

  2. #12
    New_Escaflowne is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13

    Default

    i don't think that L would give up half of his life-time just to catch Kira. that would not be L's style. after all, he is the same as Light. i would have been too easy.
    btw. did L even know about the shinigami eyes?


    New_Escaflowne
    Last edited by New_Escaflowne; 06-13-2007 at 10:11 AM.

  3. #13
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
    I find that unfair that you think mello is nothing special. He tricked Light to get the death note. He also manipulated the mafia to work for him which that much nerve and manipulative talent.

    Also I think that L and Light are equal in intelligence. Light had more advantages like having the death note misa shigami eyes and Rem. What did L have against Light that is comparable. If L could have convince Rem to do the eye trade Light would have lost.
    I'm making this argument for the thousandth time.

    L had the advantage. Look at it this way:

    a) L had the governments of the world and their combined power behind him, including their associated intelligence organizations. He could have anyone followed or recorded, he could tap phones, bug rooms, etc. This is obviously a huge resource.

    b) L didn't have to worry about getting caught. The only thing he had to do was make sure Kira didn't get his name and his face. All he had to do was capture Kira.

    c) Light had to locate and eliminate L, continue to judge the world's criminals as Kira, create a new world order, conceal his identity, all while living an already complicated life without letting anyone realize that he was up to anything. He was under an enormous amount of mental stress, it's a wonder he didn't go insane any earlier.

    d) Light's only advantage was the Death Note, which made his task of eliminating L slightly easier. Rather than having to kill L with his own hands, he could simply get L's name and face and kill him that way. That was Light's only advantage. Rem and Ryuk were slightly useful, but those advantages don't even begin to compare to L's resources.

    L's task was easier, he had more resources, and he didn't have to lead a double life. He had a massive advantage from the beginning. He lost because he was foolish enough to reveal himself to Light.

    Also, consider...L's deductions were never truly that brilliant. He took facts and drew conclusions from them. These conclusions weren't spectacular, they were frequently...obvious. He didn't create elaborate plans like Light did.

    That is why I say Light is more intelligent.

  4. #14
    Duststorm is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by New_Escaflowne View Post
    i don't think that L would give up half of his life-time just to catch Kira. that would not be L's style. after all, he is the same as Light. i would have been too easy.
    btw. did L even know about the shinigami eyes?


    New_Escaflowne
    L knew there was some kind of trade from what he overheard from Higuchi. Also what you say about L's style is not exactly right because if valued his life he would not confront Kira who can kill with knowing the person face and name, he took a much bigger risk then Light would. The biggest risk Light ever took was to kill Ray Penber but even then he could have killed him anytime.

  5. #15
    Duststorm is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolerimmortal View Post
    I'm making this argument for the thousandth time.

    L had the advantage. Look at it this way:

    a) L had the governments of the world and their combined power behind him, including their associated intelligence organizations. He could have anyone followed or recorded, he could tap phones, bug rooms, etc. This is obviously a huge resource.

    b) L didn't have to worry about getting caught. The only thing he had to do was make sure Kira didn't get his name and his face. All he had to do was capture Kira.

    c) Light had to locate and eliminate L, continue to judge the world's criminals as Kira, create a new world order, conceal his identity, all while living an already complicated life without letting anyone realize that he was up to anything. He was under an enormous amount of mental stress, it's a wonder he didn't go insane any earlier.

    d) Light's only advantage was the Death Note, which made his task of eliminating L slightly easier. Rather than having to kill L with his own hands, he could simply get L's name and face and kill him that way. That was Light's only advantage. Rem and Ryuk were slightly useful, but those advantages don't even begin to compare to L's resources.

    L's task was easier, he had more resources, and he didn't have to lead a double life. He had a massive advantage from the beginning. He lost because he was foolish enough to reveal himself to Light.

    Also, consider...L's deductions were never truly that brilliant. He took facts and drew conclusions from them. These conclusions weren't spectacular, they were frequently...obvious. He didn't create elaborate plans like Light did.

    That is why I say Light is more intelligent.
    No offence but you are kinda exaggerating about the advantages L had

    a) The government did not exactly stand behind him after the FBI agents were killed and some of the Japanese police did not want to work on the kira case or with L. Also about the tapping and bugging people, that was against the law and he would have gotten in deep trouble for that because he was violating a citizen privacy and only did it because he was determine to capture Kira
    b) L didn't have to worry about getting caught All he had to do was capture Kira. L had to find concrete evidence on someone who can kill without being present and potently only needed a face to kill. Also to find Kira would have been very difficult and to find evidence against him even more considering that when Kira gives up ownership he forgots everything so interrogation would not work
    c)For Light to locate L is just as difficult for L to find Kira also the mental stress was at its max when Light being was watched in his room that was difficult for him deal with but L did not KNOW about the death note until much later so Light did not have to worry about L finding out. I mean how many people would believe that a note book can kill people and that death gods exists.
    d)The death note made it slightly easier to kill L? The death note gave him the power to kill anywhere, any time and any place, also it allow him to plan the deaths exactly. Also you forgot Misa with her eyes that could have killed L if he didn t capture before also Light had the option of getting the death gods eyes which he could have killed L much earlier e.g. L chokes on a piece of cake and suffocates to death, that death would appear normal but Light chose not to do the eye trade. Rem was slightly useful? I don t think so, Rem was very useful I mean Light had a death god which he could manipulate into killing L.
    L had a few agents, some of the Japanese police and lots of money compared to the death note that is irrelevant Also revealing himself to light was not foolish but very brave. It was clever because now only Light Watari the Japanese police know who L is and if L dies they all be under heavy suspicion, also L had to do something because he could not just wait for a long time for Kira to make a mistake that could reveal himself .
    L's deductions were indeed in my opinion brilliant there many reasons why L thought Light is Kira. First of all his father is in the police which can give him access to criminal records, second he was one of the people who Ray Penber followed and third of all he knows Kira thinks he is a god and hates to lose like L. When L met Light, L notices he had some of these qualities.
    cooler immortal I respect your opinion but mine is that L and Light are equal in intelligence and both had different advantages and disadvantages but Light had the better advantage at the time L was killed.

  6. #16
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
    No offence but you are kinda exaggerating about the advantages L had
    None taken, ever. It's the internet, these things are not to be taken seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
    a) The government did not exactly stand behind him after the FBI agents were killed and some of the Japanese police did not want to work on the kira case or with L. Also about the tapping and bugging people, that was against the law and he would have gotten in deep trouble for that because he was violating a citizen privacy and only did it because he was determine to capture Kira
    At the beginning of Death Note, the governments of the world stood behind him. Whether or not his actions were legal, he managed to carry them out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
    b) L didn't have to worry about getting caught All he had to do was capture Kira. L had to find concrete evidence on someone who can kill without being present and potently only needed a face to kill. Also to find Kira would have been very difficult and to find evidence against him even more considering that when Kira gives up ownership he forgots everything so interrogation would not work
    Finding Kira was easy. Light gave a lot away through no mistake of his own before he realized the Death Note was real, by killing that criminal on TV. L could gather enough circumstantial evidence to pick Light up, then he could incarcerate him for a period of time. Naturally, the killings would stop, and L would have enough evidence to take Light down. Remember, if L hadn't revealed himself to Light, he could have stayed in the shadows and ordered his arrest...Light wouldn't have been able to prepare like he did. It wouldn't have been that difficult.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
    c)For Light to locate L is just as difficult for L to find Kira also the mental stress was at its max when Light being was watched in his room that was difficult for him deal with but L did not KNOW about the death note until much later so Light did not have to worry about L finding out. I mean how many people would believe that a note book can kill people and that death gods exists.
    The Death Note doesn't matter. L didn't have to find out how the murders were being performed, just who was performing them. Light locating L is much harder than L locating Light...Light had only himself, L had the intelligence services I discussed before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
    d)The death note made it slightly easier to kill L? The death note gave him the power to kill anywhere, any time and any place, also it allow him to plan the deaths exactly. Also you forgot Misa with her eyes that could have killed L if he didn t capture before also Light had the option of getting the death gods eyes which he could have killed L much earlier e.g. L chokes on a piece of cake and suffocates to death, that death would appear normal but Light chose not to do the eye trade. Rem was slightly useful? I don t think so, Rem was very useful I mean Light had a death god which he could manipulate into killing L.
    Light had to get L's name and face, then he had to kill him in such a way that would not implicate himself. That was an incredibly difficult task. L simply had to catch Light. Much easier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
    L had a few agents, some of the Japanese police and lots of money compared to the death note that is irrelevant Also revealing himself to light was not foolish but very brave. It was clever because now only Light Watari the Japanese police know who L is and if L dies they all be under heavy suspicion, also L had to do something because he could not just wait for a long time for Kira to make a mistake that could reveal himself .
    Foolishness is often mistaken for bravery.

    L could simply have observed Light from afar, made his case, and arrested him as I described above.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
    L's deductions were indeed in my opinion brilliant there many reasons why L thought Light is Kira. First of all his father is in the police which can give him access to criminal records, second he was one of the people who Ray Penber followed and third of all he knows Kira thinks he is a god and hates to lose like L. When L met Light, L notices he had some of these qualities.
    I wouldn't say that's brilliance. Those are easy deductions to make. Near made some brilliant (I would say psychic) deductions, such as who Mikami was, but L's deductions were pretty simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
    cooler immortal I respect your opinion but mine is that L and Light are equal in intelligence and both had different advantages and disadvantages but Light had the better advantage at the time L was killed.
    Thank you...I respect your opinion as well, and there is a great case to be made for it.

  7. #17
    Discoluke is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14

    Default

    i would put light and L on the same level, then near, then mello and i honestly don't think that mikami is even close to one of the above mentioned. he's simply a pawn.

  8. #18
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Discoluke View Post
    i would put light and L on the same level, then near, then mello and i honestly don't think that mikami is even close to one of the above mentioned. he's simply a pawn.
    He thought like Light. His deductive reasoning skills were very impressive. I got the impression that he was at least Mello's equal, if not better.

  9. #19
    Duststorm is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolerimmortal View Post
    He thought like Light. His deductive reasoning skills were very impressive. I got the impression that he was at least Mello's equal, if not better.
    Well you can t really call him intelligent as mello because first of all Light told Mikami that he is Kira, so it not exactly as if he figured it out. Also he thinks nowhere near the level like Light, he just understands Kira ideals and is a careful follower.

  10. #20
    Rei-kun is offline Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    34

    Default

    You can`t know, if mello isn`t more intelligent than Light and Near. Only if you know what he was thinking when he kidnapped Takada (hope i didn`t mistake the name for another one) you know. If he deducted what was going to happen, what Light and Near planned and what mikami would do, he made a brilliant move. Even though he got killed, you could say he didn`t have too many people working for him anymore, so he had to do it on his own, since he didn`t want to tell Near because of his pride.

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162