Death Note Game
trailer link Apparently you can play as L or Kira should be pretty interesting if it makes it's way over here.
It will arrive in america in about a year later.
is it just a rumour that it will arrive in america?
Rumor? There is no rumor, it's just my guess. There is no announcement for North america release of this game.
i hate that for aby of the animes isn't a PC game it seems i must buy a DS
From Gamespot forums
- You can play as either Kira or L.
- "Kira" and "L" is just a title, a role. Any character can be Kira or L.
- If you play as Kira, you want to win the investigation team's trust, figure out who L is, and kick L off the team. If you play as L, you want to figure out who Kira is, and convince the team to arrest him/her.
- The gameplay (KiraGame) is divided into 3 parts: Investigation part, Voting part, and L/Kira part.
- Investigation part is where you discuss the case with the other members of the investigation team. You have 3 stats: Trust, Suspicion, and Speaking Power.
- Trust stat is how much people trust and value your opinion. Also, this has an effect on how much Speaking Power you have.
- Suspicion stat is how much people suspect you of being Kira. You want it to be low, obviously.
- You spend Speaking Power every time you say something, so you have to be wise when you open your mouth.
- Whenever someone says something, you can Agree, Counter, or Oppose. (not sure what the difference between Counter and Oppose is.) Each spends your Speaking Power, and you gotta use this to shape people's opinion to your advantage.
- You can do a "Special Speech," which uses up a lot of your Speaking Power, but is also highly effective. Different characters have different effects.
- When the investigation part is over, you go to the Voting part, where each team member casts a vote on who he/she thinks is Kira. If more than 50% of the team thinks a specific person is Kira, then that person is arrested and kicked off the team.
- If either L or Kira gets arrested as a result of the vote, the player wins/loses accordingly. (in other words, if you play as Kira and convince the team that L is Kira, you win.)
- If you play as L, and a wrong person is arrested as a result of the vote, then you will suffer a severe penalty.
- If Kira is not arrested, and if L didn't make a false arrest, the game goes to L or Kira part (depending on who you're playing as).
- If you play as L, you get the L part, and you can focus your own investigation on one person, and see if he/she is Kira or not. Use the results to shape the team's opinions to your advantage in the next Investigation part.
- If you play as Kira, you get the Kira part, and you can force one person off the team. You win if you force L off the team. But if you force someone else off the team, you suffer a severe penalty. If you are unsure, you can skip this part.
- The main mode of the game is the Story mode, which has 11 chapters. Depending on chapters (and how the story progresses, I assume), different characters will join and leave the investigation team. Characters who were not a part of the team in the original manga may also join the team -- like Raye Penber, Misora Naomi, Watari, Sayu, and even Yotsuba employees.
- There is also a Single mode, where you can play without worrying about the story. And there's a Versus mode, where you can play against your friend. However, there is no mention of Wi-Fi or single-cart download, so I'm assuming it's gonna be a two-cart wireless play.
And apparently as Kira you also at times get to write names in The Death Note probably related to the story mode.
Edit: the guy who posted this got it off the website using a translator theres still obviously a lot of questions on how it will actually handle left to be divulged but I'm hoping we'll see an english language version as it could be pretty good fun, or pretty lousy.
Hmmmm..this game seems interesting. I like strategy games and this is a new type of strategy game that I never played before. Maybe I'll buy it if it gets good ratings.
Isn't this basically a more complex version of Mafia / the Wolf game?
I might actually consider buying it if it comes out in America.
it came out in japan in ds and psp yo!