Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Volumes Scans

  1. #1
    ZooKeeper is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    19

    Default Volumes Scans

    Was reading TOWNL`s Jumps scanlations for a while now and I`m just wounding if they are going to rescan them since the volumes are avalible? The same situation is with GANTZ.

  2. #2
    carma-n is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    sydney AU
    Posts
    16

    Cool

    I dont think so i mean it did take them a long time to translate them and al in the first place they put alot of work in to it, what would be the point of it if they would just rescan the alredy transtaled volumes

  3. #3
    ZooKeeper is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    19

    Default

    It sure takes them a lot of time to come up with the translation, since DN is really compicated. Editing of magazine scans is tough as well, because of it`s poor quality.
    But when you already have a translation and scans are almost perfect with only bubbles and sfx (that DN has very few compared to f.e. Natuto or Bleach) to edit it looks rather easy to me.
    I`m not gonna read it again, at least not in couple of years ahead, but I`d love to have good quality scanlations in my collection.

  4. #4
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZooKeeper
    It sure takes them a lot of time to come up with the translation, since DN is really compicated. Editing of magazine scans is tough as well, because of it`s poor quality.
    But when you already have a translation and scans are almost perfect with only bubbles and sfx (that DN has very few compared to f.e. Natuto or Bleach) to edit it looks rather easy to me.
    I`m not gonna read it again, at least not in couple of years ahead, but I`d love to have good quality scanlations in my collection.
    TOWNL's Jump scans are better than almost every other team's volume scans. They don't need to redo it with volume scans; the versions they have out now are already amazing.

  5. #5
    enigman is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I'm agree. I read in TOWNL's forum that they use an unknown software to clean the raws!

    amazing quality

  6. #6
    ZooKeeper is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    19

    Default

    It is good, no doubt about it. If one`ll compare with Jump scans of Bleach it`s totally different story. But still Vol. 1 scans are way better then f.e. from Vol 8. Just want it to be perfect, that`s all.

  7. #7
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZooKeeper
    It is good, no doubt about it. If one`ll compare with Jump scans of Bleach it`s totally different story. But still Vol. 1 scans are way better then f.e. from Vol 8. Just want it to be perfect, that`s all.
    Huh?

    No non-TOWNL team has ever done as good a job as TOWNL, and TOWNL didn't do volume 1, to my knowledge.

    Quote Originally Posted by enigman
    I'm agree. I read in TOWNL's forum that they use an unknown software to clean the raws!

    amazing quality
    No, they don't use an unknown software, they use the same script we use to clean Gantz...

  8. #8
    enigman is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Ah, thanks. someone just fool me

  9. #9
    ZooKeeper is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enigman
    Ah, thanks. someone just fool me
    I guess they`re just using some Photoshop plugins and filters is a specific order.

    Quote Originally Posted by coolerimmortal
    No non-TOWNL team has ever done as good a job as TOWNL, and TOWNL didn't do volume 1, to my knowledge.
    The very first chapter is done by some unknown group (haven`t found any signs of copyright) and it`s for sure volume scan, coz it`s perfect. Starting ch. 2 it`s Jump scans of some random teams with shitty quality.
    Anyways f.e. Evil Genius is working on Biomega right now. Only Jump scans avalible right now, so they promise to redo scanlation when volume scans will be avalible.
    Even their Jump scans are without any doubt one of the best out there. And still they are spending their time to delive us perfect qulity of Nihei`s remarcable art.

  10. #10
    TNR
    TNR is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Why the hell would you WANT the official translations? For pretty much everything up to Volume 5, the scanlations are as good (or better) translations than the official Jump version...I mean, "I....AM.....RIIIIIIGHTEOUS!!!!" does not have the same ring as the scanlated "I AM JUSTICE!" line from chapter two (or maybe three). Also, a scan is a scan, and scanning from a standard paperback sized book is probably going to be worse quality than the ones already available online. If you really want the official versions, go out and friggin' buy 'em like I do.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162