Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Tamiel is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Well maybe they won't report the change but they can surely say: "Allen Walker's weapon caused damage to himself." Which could lead for the higer ups thinking that the Noah is taking control over Allen making him a dangerous guy or for more people to watch him on missions. Complete lockdown?

    Tamiel -

  2. #12
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    I was under the impression that the Order already suspected that the transformation will occur. Being harmed by the sword is only a confirmation of that. I don't think it'll necessarily lead to anything new for Allen, except maybe Link watching him a little more carefully. If Allen is still the same person, then why would there be any reason to change now? All they have to do is make sure he doesn't cut himself again. I think most of the problems will come from Allen's internal angst.

    However, if Link did see the 14th come out...
    ~Digital_Eon~




  3. #13
    rbfullmetal is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    41

    Default

    So, it seems we're back to the main track... Assuming that Crow Clow can 'awake' a Noah (Tyki Mikki, for instance), it's that the 'key' to bring the 14th on Allen? Or the power to awake other Noah it's the power of the 14th himself?

    -----------------------------------------------
    "This is the only path I can take... So I can feel alive..."

  4. #14
    Deathbringerpt is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    God damn it, this was a good chapter. D. Gray Man once again shows that itīs the most detailed weekly series in shonen Jump, Hoshino really emphasized on the gore and macabre expressions with this 4th level. The double sword and the Noahīs appearance panels were fantastic.

    The chapter "twist" was great because the presentation was smooth and quick, Allen stabs himself with the swords, thinks he had the clear advantage and right on the next page heīs coughing blood and freaking out.

    The reason of why hte Noah surfaced was a but ambiguous IMO. Was the swordīs inherent ability to strike only evil the catalyst or was because of the severity of the wound? If itīs the later, it could mean that Allen can transform into the Musician if he gets in a near death state.

    And Kanda realized it, thatīs a given. Thatīs why he cried to Allen and insulted him, itīs was a quick way to see if he could get a reaction from Allen (Also because this near-Noah-transformation is Allenīs fault and no one elseīs).

  5. #15
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rbfullmetal View Post
    Or the power to awake other Noah it's the power of the 14th himself?
    I have my doubts - Skinn Boric became a Noah three years ago (after the 14th was long dead... and Mana too, for that matter), and he seemed capable of using his maximum power. Then again, he was also defeated by Kanda. Could there be another level that, as you suggest, only the 14th can unlock?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbringerpt View Post
    The reason of why hte Noah surfaced was a but ambiguous IMO. Was the swordīs inherent ability to strike only evil the catalyst or was because of the severity of the wound? If itīs the later, it could mean that Allen can transform into the Musician if he gets in a near death state.
    Judging from the last time we saw it and it worked, the sword causes the wound and the transformation. (Allen's been fatally injured before and we saw no reaction from him. The 14th appeared in his mind, but he didn't transform. And Allen was injured worse than that in the level 4 battle, too.) The only other time we've seen a badly injured Noah was Road, and she didn't transform... but she might be special. It *is* hard to tell, but one would think that an exorcising sword would prevent the Noah transformation if it did what it's supposed to.
    ~Digital_Eon~




  6. #16
    rbfullmetal is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    I have my doubts - Skinn Boric became a Noah three years ago (after the 14th was long dead... and Mana too, for that matter), and he seemed capable of using his maximum power. Then again, he was also defeated by Kanda. Could there be another level that, as you suggest, only the 14th can unlock?
    That's my point. Until now, there's no mention of the powers of the 14th (besides controling the ark). Now we've to know if the Earl considers him a threat (or the opposite, if really has the 'ability' to awake noah, he could be useful).

    -----------------------------------------------
    "This is the only path I can take... So I can feel alive..."

  7. #17
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    It's implied that the Earl did consider the 14th to be so. The Walker brothers were apparently on the run during their lives (from what, though?), the Earl killed the 14th (possibly in self-defence; that's unclear), and the Earl later began to target those associated with... the 14th, I guess? (The criteria to be on Tyki's list was never stated, and all we know is that Cross and Allen were on it.)

    Then again, none of that states whether the 14th was a natural threat, or if he became one because of his actions. He could be very useful in awakening Noah, but the Earl wouldn't risk working with someone trying to kill him.
    ~Digital_Eon~




  8. #18
    rbfullmetal is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    Then again, none of that states whether the 14th was a natural threat, or if he became one because of his actions. He could be very useful in awakening Noah, but the Earl wouldn't risk working with someone trying to kill him.
    Rhode once has said that "the 14th attempted to kill the Earl", but I don't remember the Earl himself stating. We do know that the 14th betrayed the Earl, but not what did he do. Maybe the 14th did had the power to 'awake' the Noah and, for some reason, decide not to aid the Earl, thus betraying the same. Or perhaps I'm thinking to much...

    -----------------------------------------------
    "This is the only path I can take... So I can feel alive..."

  9. #19
    rbfullmetal is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Ps.: I miss Lenalee ;_;

    -----------------------------------------------
    "This is the only path I can take... So I can feel alive..."

  10. #20
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rbfullmetal View Post
    Rhode once has said that "the 14th attempted to kill the Earl", but I don't remember the Earl himself stating. We do know that the 14th betrayed the Earl, but not what did he do. Maybe the 14th did had the power to 'awake' the Noah and, for some reason, decide not to aid the Earl, thus betraying the same. Or perhaps I'm thinking to much...
    No, those are good points. The 14th not doing what he could to aid the Earl could be considered a betrayal. Or would he, like Suman, have had to actually help the other side before he could be considered to have betrayed his own? It's hard to tell right now.

    (I miss Lenalee, too...)
    ~Digital_Eon~




 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79