Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 78
  1. #11
    Kolox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    Of course - Batman sometimes impersonated bums to gain informations and you can't say that Batman doesn't have style (I dare you).

  2. #12
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolox View Post
    Of course - Batman sometimes impersonated bums to gain informations and you can't say that Batman doesn't have style (I dare you).
    Tiki isn't impersonating a bum, he is one. xD But okay, he's not an awful character. He does seem a little pedo at times, but he's not as bad as some of the others.
    ~Digital_Eon~




  3. #13
    Kolox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    ^ No offence, but we have a lot of girly characters in DGM - put Allen or Kanda in dress and you might have problem seeing if they are really guys.

  4. #14
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolox View Post
    ^ No offence, but we have a lot of girly characters in DGM - put Allen or Kanda in dress and you might have problem seeing if they are really guys.
    Absolutely true. That's why people asked what gender both those guys are in Talk Rooms, and probably why they've been without shirts more than anyone else. XD At least they are guys who just have unfortunately girly faces... they'd never wear dresses voluntarily...
    ~Digital_Eon~




  5. #15
    Einhander is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    On the topic of Chaoji, I actually sorta started to like him after he realized Allen hadn't killed Tiki. He'd been boring before, but it was good to see someone oppose the protagonist who's on the same side of battle and has a legitimate reason to do so (ie: not the Noah or Kanda). If that isn't brought up again in the manga at some future point, I'd be very disappointed.
    It was interesting to see Chaoji oppose Allen, and frustrating as well as it highlighted how big a piece of shit Chaoji is. His anger against the Noah is understandable and warranted; at the same time, however, it's been shown again and again and again that he's a pathetic coward and a liability, including in regards to helping his own crewmen back on the ship. While I'm not saying that he should have gone out there and die (which would be ridiculous to say), the fact that he didn't even bother to put ANY effort into helping them, choosing instead to just cower in a corner and cry, kind of shows what a gigantic waste he is. That he then think he has the right to talk down to Allen is fairly hypocritical.

    I honestly just can't like him, which is odd as one of my favorite characters of any series falls into the "cowardly" group (Joichiro Nishi from GANTZ). Chaoji just severely pisses me off; not as badly as Kanda does, but Chaoji does piss me off. If he manages to survive for a while longer, I don't doubt he'll continue to remain a simple gigantic liability.

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon
    But okay, he's not an awful character. He does seem a little pedo at times, but he's not as bad as some of the others.
    ....Huh? No offense, but there really isn't any evidence to justify the pedophile statement, DE. Not that there's anything wrong with making unsubstantiated statements, but that's just what it seems to me: an unsubstantiated statement.

  6. #16
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
    It was interesting to see Chaoji oppose Allen, and frustrating as well as it highlighted how big a piece of shit Chaoji is. His anger against the Noah is understandable and warranted; at the same time, however, it's been shown again and again and again that he's a pathetic coward and a liability, including in regards to helping his own crewmen back on the ship. While I'm not saying that he should have gone out there and die (which would be ridiculous to say), the fact that he didn't even bother to put ANY effort into helping them, choosing instead to just cower in a corner and cry, kind of shows what a gigantic waste he is. That he then think he has the right to talk down to Allen is fairly hypocritical.

    I honestly just can't like him, which is odd as one of my favorite characters of any series falls into the "cowardly" group (Joichiro Nishi from GANTZ). Chaoji just severely pisses me off; not as badly as Kanda does, but Chaoji does piss me off. If he manages to survive for a while longer, I don't doubt he'll continue to remain a simple gigantic liability.
    Chaoji is a major coward; I agree. He really has shown himself to be a pathetic character what with wanting to die on the ship and general uselessness up until Tiki's transformation. On the other hand, he did attempt to fight back and save Lenalee (although he failed), and I think that shows he's at least aware of how pathetic he is and wants to become stronger, just like other characters in D.Gray-Man have thought (about themselves, not him). He's got a lot of potential for gaining a stronger personality and then being a good source of opposition to Allen.

    ....Huh? No offense, but there really isn't any evidence to justify the pedophile statement, DE. Not that there's anything wrong with making unsubstantiated statements, but that's just what it seems to me: an unsubstantiated statement.
    It's not really serious. XD Sorry, I've been trying to cut back on smiley use and so things seem less playful, I guess. I was thinking of how he sometimes seems a bit obsessed with Allen (not like Road isn't - I find her really creepy too, though, and expressed that feeling earlier).
    ~Digital_Eon~




  7. #17
    Einhander is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    Chaoji is a major coward; I agree. He really has shown himself to be a pathetic character what with wanting to die on the ship and general uselessness up until Tiki's transformation. On the other hand, he did attempt to fight back and save Lenalee (although he failed), and I think that shows he's at least aware of how pathetic he is and wants to become stronger, just like other characters in D.Gray-Man have thought (about themselves, not him). He's got a lot of potential for gaining a stronger personality and then being a good source of opposition to Allen.
    I agree that I think he wants to change himself due to realizing how pathetic he is. At the same time, this doesn't really make him any more endearing to me or likeable. I don't have a problem with him wanting the Noah killed, despite being a fan of most of the Noah clan, as his reasons for wanting Tiki killed are completely understandable. What got me was that he apparently felt that Allen was obligated to kill Tiki because of what the Noah have done and his own belief that the Noah are some form of demons (which may or may not be true). I was just completely irritated with the fact that he felt he possessed some higher moral standing over Allen.

    It's not really serious. XD Sorry, I've been trying to cut back on smiley use and so things seem less playful, I guess. I was thinking of how he sometimes seems a bit obsessed with Allen (not like Road isn't - I find her really creepy too, though, and expressed that feeling earlier).
    That's really my fault as well. I have a hard time telling people's intentions and emotions in real life, so you can imagine how hard it can be for me online sometimes. :P Though, unlike Road's obsession with Allen, Tiki's is more motivated on a grudge like basis; Allen should, by all means, be dead, and him having inexplicably escaped that has probably ruined a nearly flawless record of kills that Tyki has managed. And again, I personally like Road but hey, to each their own.

  8. #18
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
    I agree that I think he wants to change himself due to realizing how pathetic he is. At the same time, this doesn't really make him any more endearing to me or likeable. I don't have a problem with him wanting the Noah killed, despite being a fan of most of the Noah clan, as his reasons for wanting Tiki killed are completely understandable. What got me was that he apparently felt that Allen was obligated to kill Tiki because of what the Noah have done and his own belief that the Noah are some form of demons (which may or may not be true). I was just completely irritated with the fact that he felt he possessed some higher moral standing over Allen.
    I was actually happy to see that there was a character human enough to have that kind of hate and hold such twisted beliefs that are so common to our race. Even Allen has expressed desire to kill Noah at least once (even if his overall goal is to not do so). After what Chaoji's been through - his mom killed by akuma, Anita killed by akuma, his friends killed by akuma... that's pretty much everyone he knows, dead - I'm really not surprised that he wants them dead, and I'm happy that he shows it. In reality, wouldn't everyone be surprised if some terrible bad guy who happily kills people was captured by what you'd consider to be the "good guys" and then one of the leaders of that group not only didn't kill him as everyone expected, but also wants to save that terrible person's life from an indirect death? The Noah are seen as evil by the entire Order, not just Chaoji. It seems to me that he was representing everyone's view with those statements, not just his own... and the fact that Allen is now seen as a suspicious person with connections to the Noah only helps his case.

    Though, unlike Road's obsession with Allen, Tiki's is more motivated on a grudge like basis; Allen should, by all means, be dead, and him having inexplicably escaped that has probably ruined a nearly flawless record of kills that Tyki has managed. And again, I personally like Road but hey, to each their own.
    Tiki does have a good reason for being a little obsessed with him. It's just his expressions and the way of showing it that sometimes freak me out a little - but hey, what Noah isn't creepy? I also think Road's obsession may not be romantic, exactly; there's just something about her actions that makes me wonder... and she apparently thinks of the Earl when seeing Allen, too (okay, the sword was obvious, but it was also mentioned that she also only kisses the Earl). Road doesn't treat the Earl like a romantic interest; she treats him like a parent (as seen in talk rooms). So...
    ~Digital_Eon~




  9. #19
    reinard-fox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St.Petersburg (Russia)
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    Hm, I personaly can't hate Chaoji for who he is. He was boring and useless before, he is neither now and he can become pretty usefull later. So I have no problem with him.

    I do not see how the fact that he have hidden himself on the ship not trying to interfer with the fight speakes ill of him. There was nothing he could do to help his friends aside from meaninglessly dying. More then that, if he tryed to interfer he would just become a hindrance to exorcists who already were busy enough and had no time to defend one more ally. Even if he was behaving like a coward there was no way to do anything better, there were no options for him.

    His hatred towards Akuma and Noah are complitely understandable, his anger because of Allens actions is OK too - it is just a display of a general view on the exorcists as on weapons fro Akuma nad Noah killing - a weapon must kill, not show mercy. Especially towards those who have just kill all thier friends.

  10. #20
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    Hm, I personaly can't hate Chaoji for who he is. He was boring and useless before, he is neither now and he can become pretty usefull later. So I have no problem with him.

    I do not see how the fact that he have hidden himself on the ship not trying to interfer with the fight speakes ill of him. There was nothing he could do to help his friends aside from meaninglessly dying. More then that, if he tryed to interfer he would just become a hindrance to exorcists who already were busy enough and had no time to defend one more ally. Even if he was behaving like a coward there was no way to do anything better, there were no options for him.
    Chaoji wasn't hiding because of the battle (he was probably with the other sailors, since they said "we know you didn't get hit"), but because he wanted to die with his friends... and that wasn't because they were his friends and he'd miss them, but because he was scared of going to Edo where all the akuma were. Even though he was alive, he didn't want to put himself in even more danger. Obviously, Anita's words had some effect since he then went on to attack Tiki (and fail, but hey, at least he tried).

    His hatred towards Akuma and Noah are complitely understandable, his anger because of Allens actions is OK too - it is just a display of a general view on the exorcists as on weapons fro Akuma nad Noah killing - a weapon must kill, not show mercy. Especially towards those who have just kill all thier friends.
    Chaoji could also have said that because Allen was human. Wouldn't a human want something like Tiki to die for being such an awful being, because humans have feelings too?
    ~Digital_Eon~




 

 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162