My Hypothesis - Allen = Earl?
This is my *weak* hypothesis that i just made up long time ago about Allen Walker is Earl of the Millenium's past existence.
i concluded this hypothesis based on these evidences of....
- Allen's sword and Earl's sword is the same. one scene where....i think it was Tyki (or possibly Road) when he/she looked at Allen holding his sword with his right hand, suddenly they thought of the Earl holding the sword in the same manner. the weakness of this evidence is that the sword is Allen's innocence, and thus, its his left arm at the same time, but Earl has both arms attached when he's holding his own.
- both characters' theme. while Earl is an evil clown, Allen's innocence is called Crown Clown. it's a weak evidence but its still one =p
- in chapter 135, Allen said that the characters of the music scores is the characters that Allen and Mana made up when Mana is still alive. since the Ark was made by the Noah, and Noah in the manga are synonymous to Earl, then it's probable that the characters are given from Earl. Allen confirms his memory again by saying that only he and Mana that could read the characters. this part of the chapter shows a definite link between Noah with Mana/Allen's childhood life.
- Earl's origin is never explained so far.
- Tyki's assassination list. he was ordered to kill everything that has link with Noah. Why Allen is targetted is not yet explained. being cursed on the left eye doesn't prove it at all.
- The piano. The Earl is the other character that is shown to be capable of operating the piano in the ark SO FAR.
- Earl's name "Millenium" kinda suggests me that he could time travel. but of course, it'll be a lot easier for him to kill Allen when he's harmless. this doesn't really count as an evidence, but just a hunch. otherwise, if my theory is correct, then the whole manga is a paradox.
- yes, i now some of you might say "Earl is PHAT! Allen is skinny n smexy! he couldn't be the Earl!" i assure you, that's why there's a word called 'guessing'
i think that's about it. go flame me if you people want to. its MY HYPOTHESIS, MY GUESS of the outcome of the manga. and IF it happens to be correct by small probability, do come back to me and say sorry.
I'm actually just waiting for DE-san to come and argue...
Let's start with....the sword. It's reversed from the Earl's. Allen's sword is is Innocence, the Earl's sword is his golem Lero. They're VERY similar (BUT reversed), that's why the Noah had reminiscences.
The Clown thing shows one more thing that Allen's the actual opponent of the Earl. They're not equal (NOT '='). They're opposite.
The characters are seemingly an evidence that the Earl was the Noah. That Allen was linked (and probably still is for inheriting his powers apparently) with an Noah doesn't mean the connection is strong enough to the Earl to get to that conclusion.
We don't even know whether the Earl is human. Allen is, he is cursed and Komui once said that humans are the only ones that can be cursed.
Allen was not really targeted by Tyki because of his cursed eye. Rather because he had some link with the Traitor Noah. Once again apparently an evidence that Mana was this Noah. (Or the 14th? I didn't get this part clearly).
Again, this piano was the way how to control the Ark. Allen got the power to do so, so he was obviously the only one capable playing the piano. Like the Earl and his NEW Ark. On the top, the piano keys were in reversed colors, the Earl's piano looked like a regular one. Opposite.
IF this theory would be right: I'm not sure why he would kill his 'younger and more harmless self' because usually it means that you kill yourself. If you haven't existed or survived in the past, you'd never exist in the preset (or wherever the Earl's coming from).
....DE-san is rubbing off of me....I swear....o.O
Last edited by Celestial-Death-Sakura; 11-04-2007 at 10:48 AM.
XD Yay! I'm influential!
Okay, I'll go point-by-point:
1) As Celestial has said, Allen's sword is the OPPOSITE of the Earl's. The colours are reversed, which is the most obvious thing. It also seems highly unlikely that the Earl would use Innocence, since he controls the akuma and the Noah (who use the opposite of Innocence: Dark Matter). I suppose they could have the same effects in the end (of awakening the inner Noah?), but everything else just proves that they're polar opposites, not the same.
2) The Earl said that Allen looks like the whiteface clown who chases after the Auguste clown. Wikipedia gives a description of what they are. Again, they're opposites - they may both be clowns, but that only means that they're directly opposing each other with similarities as opposed to being totally unrelated.
3) The fact that Mana knew and taught Allen the characters makes it more likely that Mana was the traitor Noah, who the Earl killed. =P And how would Allen know if any other Noah would know about the characters? He hadn't met them before Mana's death, and it's not like anyone else (besides Cross) knows that Allen has that power.
4) The Earl was alive at the time of the Noah's Ark incident, at the very least... and I don't see how that makes him Allen...
5) Yeah, Tiki's list was about people who were connected with the Traitor Noah, it seems. Of course, that's why we only know of two people on it. =P
6) Again, as Celestial said, the Earl's piano is the opposite. Additionally, Allen would have received those powers from the traitor Noah, who would have been able to play the piano, too. We know Road can also control the Ark, although how she does it is a mystery - is it that weird thing with the arrows that made a ball or something?
7) I personally don't think the Earl's name implies time travel, but it's possible. Although why would he do something like that, and why would he kill his PAST self, who, for some reason, was born in the Victorian era and not thousands of years earlier when the Earl was definitely alive? And would Allen really change so much physically and mentally?
Allen's metabolism seems to prevent him from getting fat, since he ate all the stuff on his bed in the most recent chapter and still looks tiny. xD And the Earl also has a big nose and is way taller than Allen and stuff like that. And of course Allen is supposed to be the best-looking guy in the series (to go with the best-looking girl =P) so he can't get ugly. xD
Ah, there it goes.
Allen's NOT EQUAL to the Earl. They're the counterpart of each other, they are NOT the other.
That's the conclusion we get.
Haha, yes I still remember your Road-theory^^
But I've got a question since I sorta got confused.
There's a Traitor Noah and there's a 14th Noah. Who's who? (For example...Whoa was Mana? the Traitor Noah?)
Hm...okay...so I have reasons being confused xD I guess we need some more explaining scenes.
If that was true, that would be a complete rip-off from Fate/stay Night, which was actually far better...
..but seriously, I dislike this hypothesis. I hope it's nowhere near true.
Another theory will be that Allen is Earl grand-grand-lovechild..