Yeah, but Mikoto couldn't be eliminated without serious shock and upset. That would be a really big thing for School Rumble (and I'm sure it isn't happening).OK, not Nishimoto - lets take Mikoto. Both Rabi and Mikoto serve as maincharhelpers. They can be eleminated, such things happen.
He had a flashback... he realized it that strongly when he was fighting Jasdevi.He realised that friends are important when he was "saved" by Allen and Rabi and made exorcist. It is still not crutial character development.
Who knows? Maybe it'll fool us and be a shock. (But probably not; I'm always wrong.)Hopefully note. Creating the situation for deveplopment and not using it.... I hope Hoshino-sensei is not that bad.
He isn't choosing between wanting his friends and letting them die - he doesn't know they're dying! As far as I can tell, Rabi is choosing between wanting to accept his strong feelings for his friends, and getting rid of them to be a Bookman.The thing is that he can escape ONLY if he chooses his friends over his job. He is not choosing between "I need to be with them" and "I do not need". This is between "I want to" and "Let them die".
Definitely - but that's really hard to do. I'd rather have Rinari do such a thing first because she's so goddamn annoying like this but - I don't know, I just think that the manga is taking a new direction where that gap will always exist now. That's how shounen manga are.Because of this gap other characters need o move forward too - through charatcer developments or power ups. Thats why i think Rabi needs to be developed.
They're both examples of things that do not affect the physical directly but have indirect affects through what they do. Allen destroys dark matter, Road destroys hearts? =PAllen sword is different form Road's weapon. Road is making Rabi face his inner problems while Allen just destroys dark matter.
Well, exactly... or his other part is just dead entirely, not just losing.His heart died = his body was taken over by bookman => his other part is currently loosing.
1) Or because Rabi has a crush on Rinari. =P And I'm sure Allen has noticed by now.1) Because Allen assumes that everyone want to peortect thier friends.
2) Lets read chapter 219 once more. It begins with Bookman explaining Rabi his duties. How people are not important and should not be protected. That people are just lumps of ink. Later river of coffins appeares, then - Linalee. She starts to attack him with words - "Why are you abandoning us Rabi?! We are not just lumps of ink!!!!" starts to attack him. The other people attack him too. Rabi, trying to not listen, not look, trying to avoid confronting reality is fighting with them. (this scence shows how Rabi is trying to avoid his own feeling, acts against himself and suffers because of that). Then - flashback about how he got his friends that ends with the words "I soon came to the point where i didn't know whether my smiling face was lie or not". Note that during flashback and after it is finished Rabi continually screems "stop" - he is trying to refuse his own feelings. After the end of flashback Allen appeares and finds a card which represents hidden feeling of Rabi. Then Allen gets killed by Bookman - note Rabi's reaction "Noooo" here. Bookman destroys the card "you are not a bookman anymore" and Rabi gets pierced. During this chapters Rabi's inner war is shown - how he tried to avoid his feeling of love towards his friends, how he tried to refuse it, how he suffered because of that and how he got pierced because of that.
3) In order to get out of arc and stay alife he needs to fight anyways.
4) The story of his character and how he actually wasn't a total bookman is written in chapter 119.
Now, what does he want? His heart wants to be with friends, no matter how Rabi tries to refuse it. The only way to victory ios to acept his own feelings.
2) But you've said it yourself - he's avoiding his feelings. And yes, he's suffering because of it, but that's because he's not supposed to have those feelings in the first place, and knows it, and accepts that. I still don't see why, if he really did want to be with his friends, he wouldn't have said anything about it. Being quiet on that topic throughout the chapter showed that he's still in conflict, and I think it will take more than a little quiet reflection to help him.
3) He barely fought Jasdevi, and if he hadn't stood up before Allen and Tiki started fighting, Road might not have attacked him. As for the akuma, they apparently don't count. -__-;;
4) He WAS a total Bookman at first, with no feelings or anything. Although they grew over time, the Bookman side came first.
I think that if he does choose his friends, he'll still suffer - I doubt Bookman is going to let him make that choice so easily, and what will his purpose in life be? He's a Bookman as much as an Exorcist; look what happened to Allen when he couldn't be an Exorcist anymore. He couldn't take it. Rabi's a smart person. If he chooses his duty, his life is stable, and he can still be with his friends, if not as close as he used to be.
No, but it would be nice... a nice solution to all of this. <3I doubt it will ever happen...