Her duty is to kill human and bring armagedon, not seek revenge for her family members.
Originally Posted by Digital_Eon
OK, not Nishimoto - lets take Mikoto. Both Rabi and Mikoto serve as maincharhelpers. They can be eleminated, such things happen.
School Rumble is LONG. D.Gray-Man doesn't have many covers... but he played a fairly major role in every arc he was in since appearing. Unlike Crowley, he was active on the boat when it sank, and has been running around doing things like finding Allen along with definite main characters.
He realised that friends are important when he was "saved" by Allen and Rabi and made exorcist. It is still not crutial character development.
...Well, he wanted the power up... He also had to realize that his friends were important people, since he, like Miranda, lived a very lonely life.
Hopefully note. Creating the situation for deveplopment and not using it.... I hope Hoshino-sensei is not that bad.
Rabi isn't changing as far as we've seen. This is the critical moment - will he change, or won't he? So far, the problem has only increased in magnitude; Rabi's reaction to it really hasn't changed. If we were to take his personality as it is now, he'd probably be a little more emo but overall the exact same as he was before Road attacked him. There's a chance that he won't change as a result of this event.
The thing is that he can escape ONLY if he chooses his friends over his job. He is not choosing between "I need to be with them" and "I do not need". This is between "I want to" and "Let them die".
If he dies, he doesn't need to make that decision either... and if he escapes with their help, he DOES need them. If he escapes on his own, he'd have to somehow decide that his friends are important and fight - but that won't entirely resolve the problem. He'd just prove that he's okay on his own, as he was before, and I'm sure that would be in his mind in future chapters.
Because of this gap other characters need o move forward too - through charatcer developments or power ups. Thats why i think Rabi needs to be developed.
Character design is pretty bad, I admit. I liked Allen as the main character because it was interesting that he was just some normal person without real problems. He's just another person fighting in the Order. That's what made it different from shounen manga, and allowed other characters to be nearly as important (and it worked well, for D.Gray-Man). Now that he's had all these power-ups and a reason for fighting, there's a big gap between him and everyone else. He's the only one who's been moving forward while everyone else stays on the same level - even a character like Rabi. Rabi's thoughts would have worked in previous chapters, I think, but not anymore.
Sorry, i misunderstood :)
No, I mean - getting lost. Allen has a bad sense of direction. ^^;; This was mentioned numerous times in the past, but it hasn't been stated or even joked about (and I'm sure there could have been some way...).
Allen sword is different form Road's weapon. Road is making Rabi face his inner problems while Allen just destroys dark matter.
But it isn't the pain that he'd get from thinking bad things, it's irrational pain. It's physical pain in the sense that it won't be resolved by him thinking something else, because he can't. I don't know if D.Gray-Man uses the concept of a soul, but if they do, it'd like wounding the soul. And just because something wounds the body doesn't mean it isn't real and has real effects on the person physically - Allen's sword passes straight through everyone, but destroyed the Noah in Tiki.
His heart died = his body was taken over by bookman => his other part is currently loosing.
Doesn't the fact that his heart died mean exactly what it sounds like? A part of Rabi died?
1) Because Allen assumes that everyone want to peortect thier friends.
1) No, he didn't. Makes me wonder why Allen would talk about them both wanting to protect Rinari, then.
2) But he doesn't want to care for them either. He WANTS to be an unattached Bookman. If he decides to do what he wants, then he faces another conflict right there.
3) Just as Rabi doesn't have to attack Road or help anyone. Road may have attacked him, but if he doesn't retaliate, he's neutral.
4) The fact that he's always been a Bookman means that it would be total character rejection for him to care for his friends. He'd be rejecting everything we've seen of him - the Bookman that he was, who had fun with friends but was still kind of separate.
2) Lets read chapter 219 once more. It begins with Bookman explaining Rabi his duties. How people are not important and should not be protected. That people are just lumps of ink. Later river of coffins appeares, then - Linalee. She starts to attack him with words - "Why are you abandoning us Rabi?! We are not just lumps of ink!!!!" starts to attack him. The other people attack him too. Rabi, trying to not listen, not look, trying to avoid confronting reality is fighting with them. (this scence shows how Rabi is trying to avoid his own feeling, acts against himself and suffers because of that). Then - flashback about how he got his friends that ends with the words "I soon came to the point where i didn't know whether my smiling face was lie or not". Note that during flashback and after it is finished Rabi continually screems "stop" - he is trying to refuse his own feelings. After the end of flashback Allen appeares and finds a card which represents hidden feeling of Rabi. Then Allen gets killed by Bookman - note Rabi's reaction "Noooo" here. Bookman destroys the card "you are not a bookman anymore" and Rabi gets pierced. During this chapters Rabi's inner war is shown - how he tried to avoid his feeling of love towards his friends, how he tried to refuse it, how he suffered because of that and how he got pierced because of that.
3) In order to get out of arc and stay alife he needs to fight anyways.
4) The story of his character and how he actually wasn't a total bookman is written in chapter 119.
Now, what does he want? His heart wants to be with friends, no matter how Rabi tries to refuse it. The only way to victory ios to acept his own feelings.
I doubt it will ever happen...
...You know, I blame this on Rinari, and there's a simple way to resolve this: she dates Allen and breaks Rabi's heart. After all, he was fine before he started to like her. :3 Regression!