01-28-2007, 09:45 AM
1) He is naive - even Luffy from One Piece isn't naive as him (..nowhere as naive as Allen).
2) Gambling and fighting - probably the only things he is good at, nothing more to his character.
3) "I will save the world" guy - pleeeeassseee... concentrate on what is around you dammit. You need to use sometimes your brain too - not only muscles.
4) Self-sacrifice ?? The most self sacrifice character I have seen was Emiya Shirou form Fate-Stay Night, but at least that guy knew his limits and was less annoying.
5) Speech - "pitiful Akuma's Soul" Just exorcise them already !
6) Rinali - WTH is she seeing in him ??
7) Brat - his actions are immature and he acts without thinking.
Son Goku - I just wait for the moment he will get SSJ4. This is the only character with power ups - his Innocence changed like 4 times, and his eye got upgraded too. Other's are just wimps
9) Annoying Jokes - allright, the Trauma about Cross debts is getting booorring....
10) Immortal character - regeneration (his eye at least), Resurrections (he got killed by Tiki) - what's next ?? Dear mangaka - are you going to kill him or not ??
11) "O the chosen one !!" - I think I don't need to explain that
12) White hairs - It's such a popular trick to make main hero's or main villain hairs white - in like every anime there is one cool character with white hairs.
13) I have better Innocence than you !! - Allen mostly uses his innocence powers, no tactics or something like that. His greatest tactic is to make his innocence even stronger.
14) Allen to the rescue ! - All characters are pitful and can't survive unless they have one-on-one battles or....Allen appears !!
Allen presence = + 100 to all skills
..I can't think of anything else right know, I think those are the things which annoys me the most
01-28-2007, 09:55 AM
1) There's nothing wrong with being naive. It's better than being a pervert. =P
2) Every shounen character is good at fighting. If I say anything on the gambling issue, it'll damage my character.
3) It's better than wanting to be the most powerful/best, which is also overused in shounen manga.
4) Oh, but he saves small children. Small children!
5) Would you like me to quote Sailor Moon? Yeah. Point made.
6) She likes that he's honest and kind. Among other things, I bet. (This is a subject for the Reverse thread.)
7) Like no fifteen-year-old is a brat who acts without thinking. I can name one on this forum. =P
It's one hundred chapters in and we already have three characters who are just that close to getting power ups (assuming Crowley hasn't gotten one already).
9) You're making that up, trauma is funny! ...although maybe I've just heard one too many bad puns.
10) Name one other important character in the series who has somehow amazingly regenerated after a serious injury. I can name two others. =P
11) Well, he probably won't have the Heart, which makes up for it.
12) Usually the white-haired characters have the personality of Kanda. And anyway, he wasn't born with white hair, which is what usually happens.
13) Seeing as how Innocence is the only way ANYONE fights...
14) Yes, Allen really kicked ass on that boat. Oh wait - that was RINARI who saved everyone! And what about Skin? And Jasdevi - who, might I add, completely owned him for a few chapters? The only time he actually did that was to save Rinari in chapter 89... mostly it's just teaming up with everyone else.
15) For when you say something else against him. =P
01-28-2007, 10:16 AM
1) I don't see any connections. In war - there is no place for naivety
2) Every shounen character might have other skills than fighting - or at least FLAWS !!
4) That's his job - protect humans from Akuma's attacks. But self-sacrifice is stupid - cause if you die stupidly, who are you going to protect then ?
5) I think Allen is going into that direction
6) No comment (Kanda is very honest guy, I will dare to say that more honest than Allen)
7) It's time to stop being a brat after 50 chapters of non-stop fighting
It's one hundred chapters already and we have only one character with power ups !!
9) Trauma is funny...but it's still the only experience in his life. Wasn't he living in India ? Or wasn't he in circus ? Can he talk about something else than debts ?
10) Allen is still far better than others in doing this ^_^
11) No, but he will be the one who will activate the heart or something - so it's still "O the chosen one" - "The chosen one spoke" - "The one who bears the fate of the world" - "Destined one " -" The creator of new world" - "Moises "
12) No - fruit basket, Black Cat - no such thing as Kanda ^_-
13) At least Rabi's innocence needs some tactical mind...
14) Allen comes to Japan - everyone safe. Allen saves Kanda - victory. Road v.s Rinali and Allen - Rinali hadn't gained much points that time.
15) He is an idiot
Last edited by Kolox; 01-28-2007 at 10:21 AM.
01-28-2007, 10:26 AM
1) No, but it makes for a better person. Girls like naive guys better. ^_^
2) Gambling is a flaw, isn't it? Cheating, anyway.
4) He kills the bad guy and dies. That way, they're okay. And if he doesn't do anything, they'll die... so might as well try, right?
5) He hasn't made the speech since... chapter 1, right?
6) Kanda isn't exactly nice. Besides, there are other qualities about Allen, I think. And anyway, he's cuter than Kanda. =P Can ANYONE imagine Kanda getting a hug?
7) He's not going to stop being a brat until he grows up. It's just that kind of thing. He's a teenager and he's male, he's a brat. Look at Jasdevi, see a difference in brattiness? =P
It's ONLY one hundred chapters. And having three characters ready to power-up at the same time says something.
9) He was in India with Cross, and he has talked about the circus. The whole debt thing was Jasdevi's fault anyway.
10) It's happened to Kanda twice, and he'll probably come back after the Boric fight, and Rinari was supposed to be deader than Allen after what happened with her Innocence. It's not a unique thing.
11) Activate the Heart... *giggle* Seeing as how that's Rinari's task, I'd be a little disturbed if he did. And technically, it's "destroyer of time".
12) Hatsuharu is mad (and usually fairly cold) and... who had white hair in Black Cat?
13) Hitting things with a hammer? ....except for Crowley, none of them really have any physical abilities. It's all due to Innocence.
14) When did Allen save Kanda...? I thought Kanda saved everyone in Japan. Allen just saved Rinari. Also, Rinari fought just as much as Allen against Road & the akuma.
15) There's nothing wrong with being an idiot. PREJUDICE!
01-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Can we ask Kazechrno (-sama?) to split this conversation about Allen into it's own thread?
01-28-2007, 10:55 AM
1) With naivety goes being clueless - girls hates clueless guys.
2) As long as his wining it can't be considered as flaw but skill
4) I have nothing to little kids - but he could try to be a little less kamikadze, he is not Rambo with limitless life, ammo and blood, right ?
5) He is doing those "no-sense-at-all" monologues lots of times before he defeats enemies - supposedly they should be educational
6) I can imagine him getting a hug - the problem is imaging Kanda smiling
7) Being brat is not only biological, you know ? It's about starting to think a little more like adult.
100 chapter is enough to have 10 power ups. Some series, pretty good ones too, ends in 100 chapters and they have more such stuff than D-grayman
9) he hadn't talked about it much, in my opinion.
10) At least Rinali was lying in her bad after battle in Road - Allen just jumped of for next missions with Rabi.
11) Don't worry - he will be involved with heart - I'm sure of it, because he is the "Fated one"
13) The Stamps !! Seals !! Wood seal, fire seal e.t.c
14) Very beginning of manga - Kanda almost getting killed by level 2 Akuma.
15) He doesn't look like he was educated - I doubt he was going too school
01-28-2007, 10:59 AM
^if you don´t like him that much,then don´t read/watch the manga/anime (lol)
i don´t think the this manga has more Deus ex whatever than other mangas (or whatever)
i think this manga is quite different than others^^
01-28-2007, 11:01 AM
^ You can hate main character and like mange you know (for example how I hate Naruto the character and like manga).
01-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Reinard - sure. ^_^
1) That seems to be correct... in chapter 105 it looks like Rinari's just waiting for him to make a move until Rabi shoves him aside. XD But otherwise, it's better than being a pervert... besides, clueless = cute.
2) Cheating is a flaw because it's evil.
4) No, he's not Kanda. =P But then again, lots of people would sacrifice themselves to help others; it's just a "nice" thing.
5) When was his last monologue...? I don't remember any.
6) I can't imagine Kanda getting hugged. He's not huggable. Allen is huggable.
7) Of course it's biological. What teenage guy ISN'T a brat at some point?
D.Gray-Man hasn't had enough arcs to have that many power-ups. It's moving a bit slower than that. Anyway, three volumes - that's almost 30 chapters - went by with Allen having zero power at all, let alone a power-up.
9) He did to Rinari. Anyway, that was a long time ago, and it could be traumatizing in itself considering his father DIED at the end of it all. And it's not like people talk about their pasts; Rinari's been fairly quiet about hers, too.
10) It wasn't a mission, it was wandering-around, and Allen at least was conscious. As soon as Rinari woke up she attacked an akuma and then they all went off to find Cross. Allen, at least, had a few days/weeks of doing nothing.
11) Well, he's INVOLVED with the Heart, but it's not like it's a hidden thing, if you know what I mean. =P
12) Creed was a bad guy. That changes everything. And again... completely mad.
13) Oh, pick a seal and attack. Mental power, not physical. =P
14) Probably because Kanda is Stupid. I mean, Allen's not all that bright, but if he's the smarter of the two....
15) He lived in a circus, probably not. But anyway, how many of them *are* formally educated, aside from Bak? Rabi may be a Bookman, but that doesn't mean he went to school or anything.
01-28-2007, 11:07 AM