Poetry by Black Rose
Since I write a lot of poetry, more than anything else, I have decided that I will post all of my poems in this topic instead of making a new topic each and every time I write a poem or feel like posting an older poem that I have not yet placed here.
I do not have the authority to make rules, but I do have some requests.
- Please do not post your own poetry.
- Please do not "bash, flame, etc." my poems.
- If you have something negative to say, please word it responsably in a critique.
- When critiquing please actually critique my poetry. No, "That was awsome. man." "Your really good." "I liked it." Or any other lame, short, unthoughtful insight on my poems.
- If you do not like my poetry, or have a problem with the fact that they are mainly emo then do not read them.
- This place is not for conversations unless you wish to have an intelligent conversation over a piece of my poetry, or even your own, in which case feel free to post a poem of yours.
- All my poems will be in purple, please refrain from using that color.
- I'll probably think of more as people do things I don't care for.
- As time goes on I may add more.
What Lies Beneath
What lies beneath this stone-cold heart,
Where my secrets are safe and I'm torn apart.
In that darkness demons strive,
And angels on the outside
Shall never reach the sky,
And the angels on the inside
Shall all burn and die.
Now I must find my way through your lies
Where time is just a variable to keep me bound
To the blinding darkness that surrounds.
The truth is that we are all born to die
Beneath our stone-cold hearts built upon lies.
And in its shadows dwell my love, hate, and pain,
Hidden away with my heart's shattered remains,
Left alone to age and grow
And eventually become a rage to fuel my soul.
So, what lies beneath this stone-cold heart?
Nothing, It was all in my head from the start.
wow....couldnt have written anything liek that..it flows realli well...my poems arnt as good as that. u used good imagery and the emotion from what u read is realli clear...its brutally honest and its sadness can relate to alot of people. good grammer it helps change the tone of the whole poem. i like the way how u rhymed the poem too. you should try more advanced types of literary terms? lol but overall very good
Thank you. Using better and more mature literary terms is a problem of mine. I'm fine with it, as long as I go through and edit my terms after the poem is written, but I don't like to change what I write because then it wouldn't be in its original form, the form that came from my heart. I apolagize(sp) to the admins and mods, but I will be making a double post here since I don't want to place my next poem along with this reply.
Originally Posted by ruffneck168
Sometimes I wonder why I crave what I do?
Why I so badly want her who I can not have
And who I want more is even farther from my grasp.
Why does she appear so low,
So interested in popularity and looks alone,
When in reality her heart is large and kind,
Though I view it as mean and hurtful at times?
There are moments when I question my sanity-
The glass is always half empty.
I guess I just need to mature
And further develop my views on life
Because these melancholy and morbid thoughts won't suffice.
Despite all that is in plain sight.
I still view life without a hint of light.
I dream that you can make it better,
I dream that I didn't dream of us together.
All the while I lower my head
Only wishing I can cry instead.
Then I awake to see you sitting to my left.
Suddenly I remember everything that you said.