Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 128
  1. #41
    Hynavian is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    この醜くも美しい世界
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxsaznpride View Post
    ~

    Can I request a Teresa sig, Phantom Miria? I'm really digging your's and Hynavian's.
    Ah Phantom Miria is a nice person I like the one he made for me very much. Hopefully, you will get one too.

    Oh for your other ending that you have suggested....
    I cannot stop laughing at all. You're really good in coming up with alternate endings. I like the part where everyone, even Galatea, awakens and start taking sides and warring each other. I see a twist in the plot that you have created at the point where Galatea makes an opening for Raki before dying

    -----------
    On a separate note, I cant wait for episode 22 to be out. I want to see more action! Looking forward to the fight Miria VS Rigardo and the limbs awakening of Clare.

    Click *Here* to view #40 Lindy Claymore RP profile

  2. #42
    parrywrinkle is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Manga has special chapters not shown in anime. So it's worthwhile to collect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Could that be perhaps, because most people use a technique like that in the manga? No, it couldn't possibly be. Could it be that the main character's technique IS Flash Sword? It must be the animators fault obviously.

    You say the fighting scenes are bad, but you never tell us why? If you liked the fighting scenes in the manga I see no reason why you shouldn't like them in the anime. I admit they were quite lackluster until the Teresa fights, but after that they were very well done. Extremely fluid and full of motion, the team did a great job animating the mangaka's style.

    The fight scenes in the anime are just as "watchable" as the fight scenes in the manga. Maybe you just close your eyes whenever a fight takes place?

    Anyway, the only deviation in ep20 that bothered me was no Flora and Claire fight, but if the action in 21 is any good then I'll forgive. In general though, it was a great episode, fitting music, art and animation. Good VAs help as well.
    I thought that the fight scenes were bad because of the multiple sword strokes everyone seems to be using. Episode 20 was better though, in some fights against the Awakens, because you could see how the Claymores were swinging their blades, as compared to when the animators used the "multiple sword strokes where you can only see white lines and blurred hands" attack. The manga avoids such blur-hands-white-lines attack and shows clean cuts, and that's what I liked most about Claymore: the realism of the fights. Unlike Naruto, fights in Claymore are not about whittling down your opponent's HP.

    Perhaps awakens have thick armor, perhaps there's some regeneration going on, but usually all blows are fatal. One clean hit can mean a matter of victory or defeat. That's realism there, one clean hit being fatal. But I digress.

    It's not that I hate blurry hands attack, I like those. But I also associate them to Clare's and Flora's attack as being super fast that all you can see are blurry hands and white lines - or just cuts without even their hands moving. So I think it's just laziness on the animators part to simply use the same style of representation of attacks for everyone, when clearly that style of art should be reserved for super fast attacks only. I see no distinction for Clare's attack if everyone has the same animation when swinging. Either buff Clare's animation (like in previous episodes, so fast that you don't see her hands moving but nonetheless see the cuts) or stop doing blurry-hands-white-lines for everyone else.

    I know I'm nitpicking, but it's the details that get me when I rewatch episodes a few times round.
     /l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ meow

  3. #43
    xxsaznpride is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Eh... mostly, from what I noticed of ep 19 or whatever, when they're finishing off on the fight against the scout troops, most of the lower claymore (and Clare, at times) just swing really fast with the hope that, among their many weak-as-flying-cats shots, one of them jams the Awakened in the eye... When it got to Clare and Flora using their special moves, however, if you look at it, Clare's arm just vanishes completey and all you see are tons and tons of impact sparks shooting off the Awakened' hide.


    What I don't get is why, when Clare and Flora did it to his head in the air, that one awakened got raped, but when Clare did the Flash Sword on the floor, it just got all over his face.

    ~~

    Either I'm wrong, and Clare wasn't using the Flash Sword on the floor, or we've got a small plot whole. Either way, I can't check right now because the laptop I'm on can't handle the downloaded eps I have. =\ for my laptop being #46 level... cus #47 just HAPPENS to be important 2 generations in a row... or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarST
    And your name's annoying to type; from now on you're sazny.
    Farleen // Number 42

  4. #44
    drazah is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2

    Default

    hmmm...

    it would be interesting to see a different ending even though it probably won't be as good as the manga. The animation has really started to decline in quality compared to Teresa's period. All in all still a pretty decent anime.

    hzd

  5. #45
    Elcura is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parrywrinkle View Post
    I thought that the fight scenes were bad because of the multiple sword strokes everyone seems to be using. Episode 20 was better though, in some fights against the Awakens, because you could see how the Claymores were swinging their blades, as compared to when the animators used the "multiple sword strokes where you can only see white lines and blurred hands" attack. The manga avoids such blur-hands-white-lines attack and shows clean cuts, and that's what I liked most about Claymore: the realism of the fights. Unlike Naruto, fights in Claymore are not about whittling down your opponent's HP.
    The fight between Miria and Claire, and Claire and Ophelia all had clean cuts iirc. The fight with Teresa had clean cuts too except when fighting Ilena. The fight with Duph had mostly clean cuts and good use of QD animation. As well as the fights in Pieta. While I understand where you're coming from (and admitted nitpicking) you really are going overboard. There aren't many instances where non-QD people were doing what you described. Even if the key animation is seemingly lazy, the strokes which follow are well animated if you take the time to notice.

    Quote Originally Posted by parrywrinkle View Post
    Perhaps awakens have thick armor, perhaps there's some regeneration going on, but usually all blows are fatal. One clean hit can mean a matter of victory or defeat. That's realism there, one clean hit being fatal. But I digress.
    We aren't even talking about the anime here are we?

    Quote Originally Posted by parrywrinkle View Post
    It's not that I hate blurry hands attack, I like those. But I also associate them to Clare's and Flora's attack as being super fast that all you can see are blurry hands and white lines - or just cuts without even their hands moving. So I think it's just laziness on the animators part to simply use the same style of representation of attacks for everyone, when clearly that style of art should be reserved for super fast attacks only. I see no distinction for Clare's attack if everyone has the same animation when swinging. Either buff Clare's animation (like in previous episodes, so fast that you don't see her hands moving but nonetheless see the cuts) or stop doing blurry-hands-white-lines for everyone else.
    Like I said before, when they do it it's not for major events or frames, it's just a way to lengthen the episode a bit. I see no problem with it really, the main distinction for me is that Claire/Flora swing so fast you don't even see their hand move, whereas everyone else swings a lot slower so all you see is blur.

  6. #46
    xxsaznpride is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Hmm... lemme just say...

    this ending is going almost exactly as I said it would... cause apparently Galatea's there now, Priscilla's about to rampage, and Easley's not gonna be strong enough to do anything but help.


    GO GO AWAKENED GALATEA@!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarST
    And your name's annoying to type; from now on you're sazny.
    Farleen // Number 42

  7. #47
    hermit78 is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    325

    Default

    yes finally clare killed rigardo(in episode 23) shes such agenius in knowing how to control her powers.
    guys I have 2 questions regarding the anime, if its not the right place to ask or they have been answered alrdy just ignore them kk
    1)will the anime end after episode 26?
    2)is the manga and anime different alot cuz I heard about the extra stuff in the manga and things that happened differently?

  8. #48
    qbsenuef is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ocean floor...
    Posts
    858

    Default

    ^Differences only started during the Northern Campaign. There isn't enough manga content to continue the anime past episode 26. It would've been better if it ended at episode 23 or 24 so that the differences between the anime and manga would've been minimal and there would be a better chance (because of better continuity) for a second season in the not so near future...

  9. #49
    Saikudoh is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Continent of Mu
    Posts
    132

    Default

    I guess plenty of the gathering are purists in that we want it to play out more or less like the manga without the raki power overwhelming. Which would mean a 2nd or even a 3rd season, but there is no cow level.

    Some food for thought, if there was another season, because of the manga's pace I fear they'd have started inserting fillers until the story got far enough. Say an ophelia backstory, the life of a medieval man in the claymore world, or how the gang was staying alive during those seven years.

    Call it operation cwal. Unless we can pressure the mangaka to modify the phase variance the 2nd season is noglues. I don't think that's possible either. Pressure, I mean, it's pretty much a high black sheep wall for small fry like us. Mr. Norihiro would probably go "show me the money" or "what's mine is mine" but I hope he wouldn't be so selfish with such a great story.

    Breathe deep. It's game over man. War ain't what it used to be.
    Last edited by Saikudoh; 09-06-2007 at 09:38 PM.

    Claymore RPG Profile: Deimos

  10. #50
    xxsaznpride is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    hahahah lol ur such a fag.. nice. gg gj gl


    Third season?? They'd need to go DBZ style and pull random villains in from other planets.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarST
    And your name's annoying to type; from now on you're sazny.
    Farleen // Number 42

 

 
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79