View Poll Results: Do you think it was wrong of the Danish newspapers to publish caricatures of Muhammad?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    39 45.88%
  • No

    46 54.12%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 177
  1. #101
    1cor1313's Avatar
    1cor1313 is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Under Kaze's feet
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    I have to say you are wrong. There is even a gay porn movie about Jesus. Sure I hate the person who ever did that but i'm not about to do random acts of violence. That would be just stupid.

  2. #102
    childofcaios is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the land of dreams.
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Actually, Christians have entire scores of mythologies, stories, and books written in both flattering and unflattering lights.

    Another thing, if your feelings are so hurt about these pictures and you feel as if the news paper is offending you and say what they are printing is libel, and you’re Danish. Why don't you just sue them or take appropriate legal action against them?

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffysj
    (I take you for a Catholic school girl ~15)
    What can I say, I am a girl.

  3. #103
    carbo-fation is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I've said it before and I'll say it again...Setting buildings on fire and killing innocent people is wrong and should never be practiced no matter what the reason. However, the cartoons depicting the prophet Mohammed were just plain and simply wrong. I've seen all of the cartoons and for the majority of them I would have turned a blind eye but some of them really infuriated me. There was absolutely no reason to publish these cartoons. Muslims (in general) abide by their beliefs more strictly than any other religion. Most of their daily lives revolves around practicing their religious beliefs and following the path of the prophet. To even think about mocking such an esteemed person, people shouldn't be surprised of the Muslims reaction. I personally wouldn't have taken the violent route, but a more peaceful demonstration. But I hope the Western Nations will learn from this incident and in the future be more cautious of what they publish.
    On a side note, one will never ever see any cartoons of the likes of this in the Muslim world depicting Jesus, Moses, Buddha or any other religous figure heads because Muslims believe in all of these people as prophets and probably have more respect for them than most Western peole.

  4. #104
    shautieh's Avatar
    shautieh is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Skipea
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carbo-fation
    However, the cartoons depicting the prophet Mohammed were just plain and simply wrong.
    nobody said it was right..

    as saizou said, free speech means nothing if you have to say politically or religionally (not sure if the word exists -_-) correct things !
    of course, free speech comes with responsabilities, and one could sue them or boycott them, but not burn embassies !!!! O.O .... and people that are asking excuses from the danish government are absurds because the danish government has nothing to see with the publications !.... who would want censoring from governments happen again ???
    not me....

  5. #105
    childofcaios is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the land of dreams.
    Posts
    192

    Default

    You seem to make the pictures worse than the building on fire killing innocent people....

    And I'm there or other religions that are just as stict or even stricter when it comes to there dayly lives and they haven't burned buliding because of a mild insult.

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffysj
    (I take you for a Catholic school girl ~15)
    What can I say, I am a girl.

  6. #106
    carbo-fation is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I never said burining down embassies is right. But nontheless, it is a govenments job to keep its citizens on the leash. It doesn't matter if it was a newspaper or a tv network that hosted the comics, as long as this incident presided in Denmark, it is their responsibility to take measures into their own hand and take responsibility for their people. Hiding behind freedom of speech is just cowardly. The newspaper is Danish hence it is the Danish gov't job to apollogise for their "children."

  7. #107
    carbo-fation is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by childofcaios
    mild insult.
    It was definetely not a mild insult. If it were then you wouldn't have all this commotion. The newspaper should have done more research before publishing these cartoons. Need I remind you of what happened in the 80s with Salman Rushdie and "The Satanic Versus?" That incident alone should have put up a red flag for the newspaper.

    Oops... sorry for the double post!

  8. #108
    childofcaios is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the land of dreams.
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Um... It seems like it should be a book I should read. And the government should not take responsibility. And if anything the Danish government is the child of its people.

    And no I don’t think it is the parents job to apologizes for its children, if a child does something wrong the child should apologizes. I think the individual should take responsibility for their actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffysj
    (I take you for a Catholic school girl ~15)
    What can I say, I am a girl.

  9. #109
    Saizou is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carbo-fation
    It was definetely not a mild insult. If it were then you wouldn't have all this commotion. The newspaper should have done more research before publishing these cartoons. Need I remind you of what happened in the 80s with Salman Rushdie and "The Satanic Versus?" That incident alone should have put up a red flag for the newspaper.
    See, this is what I'm talking about. Salman Rushdie had every right to publish whatever he wanted. In the same way the danish newspaper had every right to publish these caricatures. It might have been in bad taste, but they should not refrain from printing whatever they wish because it might offend some people. If we did do so, where should we stop? Understand that almost every statement will inevitably insult someone, somewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by carbo-fation
    never said burining down embassies is right. But nontheless, it is a govenments job to keep its citizens on the leash. It doesn't matter if it was a newspaper or a tv network that hosted the comics, as long as this incident presided in Denmark, it is their responsibility to take measures into their own hand and take responsibility for their people. Hiding behind freedom of speech is just cowardly. The newspaper is Danish hence it is the Danish gov't job to apollogise for their "children."
    It is definitely and certainly not the danish government's duty to apologize for what a few danes have done. If a few of a nation's citizens have done something wrong it is their own responsibility, the entire country shouldn't have to share the blame.

    By your logic, the US government should apologize for the statements of idiots such as Fred Phelps.

  10. #110
    childofcaios is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the land of dreams.
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saizou
    See, this is what I'm talking about. Salman Rushdie had every right to publish whatever he wanted. In the same way the danish newspaper had every right to publish these caricatures. It might have been in bad taste, but they should not refrain from printing whatever they wish because it might offend some people. If we did do so, where should we stop? Understand that almost every statement will inevitably insult someone, somewhere.



    It is definitely and certainly not the danish government's duty to apologize for what a few danes have done. If a few of a nation's citizens have done something wrong it is their own responsibility, the entire country shouldn't have to share the blame.

    By your logic, the US government should apologize for the statements of idiots such as Fred Phelps.
    That's a great point!

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffysj
    (I take you for a Catholic school girl ~15)
    What can I say, I am a girl.

 

 
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79