View Poll Results: Should a mosque be built on the grounds of 9/11?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    9 64.29%
  • Hell NO!

    5 35.71%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    StealDragon's Avatar
    StealDragon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NCC-1701
    Posts
    13,424

    Default

    Shit we all know all the people that know best never went to college.


    I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
    I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
    before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends


    [Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009

  2. #12
    MojoMunkeez is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    6,450

    Default

    2kool4skool



  3. #13
    cpr's Avatar
    cpr
    cpr is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kazenohirameki View Post
    Please get the fact right. It's not at the 9/11 tower place - it's two blocks away.
    Meh... close enough. At least you know what I'm talking about now.

    Quote Originally Posted by kazenohirameki View Post
    And I wonder why we even discussing this in the first place.
    No one forced you to talk. I read a lot of news now while I'm bored at work and I keep hearing about it. Felt like something worthwhile to talk. If you don't like it, then go start another thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by R3dKnight View Post
    Not a mosque, but a headquarter and recruitment center for the Islamic
    and a monument of Islamic victory over western infidels
    Yea, I think of it more as the latter way you say it.

    Idk, there's no denying they have every freedom to do it. There's no denying there's no legal precedent that would prevent them from building it. That's what all of us have the right to do.

    But is it a smart thing to do? I would think not. And probably many politicians would agree with this part (which is probably why they've all refrained from answering up to that extent)

    I mean, I have every right, provided I had the financial ability, to set up a brand new restaurant wherever the hell I wanted to. But gees, I should be pretty mindful of the general surroundings... they are your biggest customers. Why would you ever want to build in an area where locals are already hating on you? Just to say "ha, i could do it?"

    I mean... how many supporters of the place are actually planning on using it? I would assume you need quite a lot since that's prime expensive real estate to maintain. I would bet money there'll be vandalism there...

  4. #14
    kazenohirameki is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On an island
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolpuprocks View Post
    No one forced you to talk. I read a lot of news now while I'm bored at work and I keep hearing about it. Felt like something worthwhile to talk. If you don't like it, then go start another thread.
    Yes, nobody forcing me to talk -- just stating my opinion. Just that I've been reading the issue over the news for weeks/months now. They should come to the conclusion soon and be done with it.

  5. #15
    tigerm is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    116

    Default

    I think Obama's comments were very clear and I agree 100% they should be allowed to build it if they think it's wise. These were not the same muslims who were/are at fault, these guys were victims too. I'm sure they will do everything they can to distance themselves from the terrorists. However....

    Quote Originally Posted by coolpuprocks View Post
    I would bet money there'll be vandalism there...
    Yeah, maybe not a good idea to give haters a focus for their hate when the wounds are still fairly fresh. Wait until after the war.

  6. #16
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R3dKnight View Post
    Moderate people living next door to you.
    If there were moderate Muslims living next to me I wouldn't give a flying fuck. They're building a goddamned Y, not a terrorist recruitment and training centre. What I've read indicates non-Muslims can use it, too. Yeah, so radical of them.

    Maybe I should avoid that Jewish community centre near my university, because they're probably all into the Israeli takeover of the Middle East, right? Or would that be considered a good thing.

    The older I get the more radical right / Fascist like I'm starting to think.
    and the more I hate the Libtards thinking mentality with fancy education diplomas hanging on their walls
    What Steal said.

    (Admittedly, some of them do. I was reading an article about... was it the outgoing President of Brazil who dropped out of school early to support his family and is recognized as being one of the best Presidents ever? But the diplomas mean something. Maybe you don't think mine will indicate I probably know more about the human mind than you do, but it will, and I do, and believing you think you know best for reasons like common sense is as stupid a fallacy as the extreme left-wing belief that everything is relative.)

    CPR, I initially agreed with that argument. They have the right, but it's understandable that some people would be sensitive, and if they really were planning to build a mosque on the site, it probably wouldn't be the best idea to do it.

    But they're not. It's a community centre containing a mosque two blocks away that they're building because there's demand for it. Where else are they going to build it - in New Jersey? It seems like at least half the people who are getting their panties in a twist over it don't even have the right facts and think it really is a mosque on the WTC site. I thought that after hearing the news until I was corrected by people I was talking to.

    Here's a good opinion piece on it, in my opinion.

    It's 4:30 am. If I make any huge mistakes or offend anyone, I'm sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerm View Post
    Yeah, maybe not a good idea to give haters a focus for their hate when the wounds are still fairly fresh. Wait until after the war.
    In the same issue of the magazine as that opinion article, there was a news piece on how there was fierce resistance against a documentation centre intended to commemorate the suffering of hundreds of thousands of Germans displaced in other countries after WW2 who were kicked out of their homes or killed. Apparently, the issue of WW2 is still extremely sensitive and shapes policy in many central and eastern European countries. That was more than sixty years ago. I don't think these wounds will be healing any time soon, either.
    ~Digital_Eon~




  7. #17
    MadDogMike is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerm View Post
    Yeah, maybe not a good idea to give haters a focus for their hate when the wounds are still fairly fresh. Wait until after the war.
    What? 9 years is fresh???

  8. #18
    R3dKnight is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    third world country
    Posts
    4,641

    Default

    is good to rub salt to your wounds from time to time
    because people needs to be reminded that it fucking hurts

  9. #19
    98abaile's Avatar
    98abaile is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    An Englishman in a shithole somewhere in Wales.
    Posts
    7,892

    Default

    I think to insist on building it in such a sensitive area, even if the objections are unfounded, is still pretty tasteless. While there is nothing inherently wrong with building it there, they have been given other options, so why not take them and stop feeding the shit storm.

  10. #20
    Viraten is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    575

    Default

    I love you guys. Seriously, I don't even feel the need to debate or bring up any points since you've all already hit the main points.

    I'm gonna miss this forum once it goes down.
    'No need to take me seriously. It's a forum.'

    I <3 the Village People. Everyone wants be a macho man. And join the Navy. And stay at the YMCA.

    <Viraten> It's better than Naruto
    <Chiza> Most things are.

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162