Interview with anime fans(my study project)
Manga traders forum
Hello to everyone! I study design and now have class on Media. I need to make an 8-page book with interview with some person. I proposed to my teachers that I try to make collective interview with people on some manga/anime forum. They agreed so I'm here) So I post here questions and please feel free to answer on them) if you want. Everyone are welcome. Of course you don't need to answer all questions, you could answer only some of them).Or only that question which is interesting particulary for you. There could be several answers for one questions, even if they absolutely different. You also could ask me your questions. The only thing I ask you is not to answer simple "Yes" or "no" .As there is now way how I could use this answeres for my project. )
Ok. So let's start.
1) Japanese animation and manga are rather popular today. Why do you think?
1.5) What is so specific in manga and anime in comparison with western animation and comicses ?
2) Do you think that fans of anime and manga are representatives of special subculture like emo or panks or something? Or there is difference ?
3) But at the same time you always could recognize punk by his appearance, but never anime fun. Do you think anime fans need some special forms of appearence to be recognizible by everyone?
4)Everyone here gathered because they like manga and perheps anime. When and how do you get acquainted with it ?
5) Are you interested in japanese culture ?Japanese literature, history, language and so on?
6) Have you ever try to study japanese ? Do you try to study it to read manga in original ? Or do you think about literature , other form of culture ?
7)If yes was you interested in it before you became an anime fan or not ?
1) Do you think that manga and anime is realy form of art?
2) Some critic say that manga & anime are forms of mass or popular culture and has nothing in common with true art. Is it so?
3)By the way what do you think about art classic and modern ?
4)When I've studied art history my lecturer said that eroticism is one of the main component of art. Do you think manga and anime are so popular because of there erotical aesthetics ? (I don't mean here hentai -- it's pornography).
5) Some people say there is anime with deep philosophical concept. Is it really so ?
6)Could anime and manga be compared to works of classical literture ?
7 There is a lot of people who thought that animation and comics are something very childish. In your opinion why do they think so ?
1) There are a lot of american comics like "Spiderman" or "Batman". What can you say about them in comparison with manga ? Do you read them ? Is manga better or more intellectual or more aesthetic ?
2) How do you yhink manga and anime influence modern western culture?
3) There are more and more western films which are based on manga or anime or are influenced by them. Like Astroboy and Matrix. What is your opinion on this ?