Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    98abaile's Avatar
    98abaile is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    An Englishman in a shithole somewhere in Wales.
    Posts
    7,892

    Default

    I wonder when scientists will realize that hips roll as well as turn. Sadly it'll be a long time before robots will walk convincingly.

  2. #22
    dna2playboy is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    waboomafoof
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    ^ making a convincing humanoid robot is like modeling and animating a convincing human. It' hard damn work

    predicts a time when humans and robots are indistinguishable. Soon after they'll learn to self produce and force us off the planet. Unfortunately they won't be satisfied with just that. They'll infiltrate our colonies turn us against each other and wipe what's left of us.
    Many years later they'll be 99.9% biological forget they were ever robots then make metallic slaves who will repeat what they have done.

  3. #23
    BlueDemon is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dna2playboy View Post
    ^ making a convincing humanoid robot is like modeling and animating a convincing human. It' hard damn work

    predicts a time when humans and robots are indistinguishable. Soon after they'll learn to self produce and force us off the planet. Unfortunately they won't be satisfied with just that. They'll infiltrate our colonies turn us against each other and wipe what's left of us.
    Many years later they'll be 99.9% biological forget they were ever robots then make metallic slaves who will repeat what they have done.
    Thatīs a good Idea.I always thought about something like that.Perhaps Iīll write a book about it

  4. #24
    999Ghosts is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dna2playboy View Post
    ^ making a convincing humanoid robot is like modeling and animating a convincing human. It' hard damn work

    predicts a time when humans and robots are indistinguishable. Soon after they'll learn to self produce and force us off the planet. Unfortunately they won't be satisfied with just that. They'll infiltrate our colonies turn us against each other and wipe what's left of us.
    Many years later they'll be 99.9% biological forget they were ever robots then make metallic slaves who will repeat what they have done.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDemon View Post
    Thatīs a good Idea.I always thought about something like that.Perhaps Iīll write a book about it
    Its called Battlestar Galactica - the reimagined series.

  5. #25
    BlueDemon is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,285

    Default

    ^Well,saw some episodes,but I wasnīt there when the mysteries were exposed...
    And my idea for the book was that an alien species designed and built us...
    Anyway,I guess many people have the same ideas all over the world ^^

  6. #26
    dna2playboy is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    waboomafoof
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 999Ghosts View Post
    Its called Battlestar Galactica - the reimagined series.
    Lol I'm glad you caught that

    btw we're the lost descendants of the ancient androids

  7. #27
    999Ghosts is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dna2playboy View Post
    Lol I'm glad you caught that

    btw we're the lost descendants of the ancient androids
    so we're cylon skin-jobs?

  8. #28
    98abaile's Avatar
    98abaile is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    An Englishman in a shithole somewhere in Wales.
    Posts
    7,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dna2playboy View Post
    ^ making a convincing humanoid robot is like modeling and animating a convincing human. It' hard damn work

    predicts a time when humans and robots are indistinguishable. Soon after they'll learn to self produce and force us off the planet. Unfortunately they won't be satisfied with just that. They'll infiltrate our colonies turn us against each other and wipe what's left of us.
    Many years later they'll be 99.9% biological forget they were ever robots then make metallic slaves who will repeat what they have done.
    Casshern will save us.

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79