Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Windows 7

  1. #1
    xxDoLLarBiLLxx is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Playaz Club
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Windows 7

    Has anybody tried Windows 7 already? If you haven't and have windows vista installed on your computer, you should download the 6801 build and install it. Because as funny as it might sound, the 6801 windows 7 build is much much better than vista(even with service pack 1). Since i already had a serial for windows vista from when i called MIcrosoft, my windows 7 copy is legit....But my question in the first is why did MS put vista and waited for the public and Mac commercials to force them into changing things??

    So has anybody tried it?

  2. #2
    neruke is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth, still the best place.
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxDoLLarBiLLxx View Post
    Because as funny as it might sound, the 6801 windows 7 build is much much better than vista(even with service pack 1).
    No, its not.

    I'm using Vista Ultimate now for ~2 months and havent met any disadvantages to XP, but several advantages in handling and of course looks.

    Of course it uses more resources, but up to date computers do have those to spend.
    An interface enhancement programm for XP which would bring you to Vista standard would still use much much more resources.


    Atm I'm not convinced of Windows 7. Mostly because I became convinced of Vista though my experience.

  3. #3
    xxDoLLarBiLLxx is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Playaz Club
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neruke View Post
    No, its not.

    I'm using Vista Ultimate now for ~2 months and havent met any disadvantages to XP, but several advantages in handling and of course looks.

    Of course it uses more resources, but up to date computers do have those to spend.
    An interface enhancement programm for XP which would bring you to Vista standard would still use much much more resources.


    Atm I'm not convinced of Windows 7. Mostly because I became convinced of Vista though my experience.
    If you think i'm lying, you might to check it out for yourself. It is much much faster than Vista.

  4. #4
    neruke is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth, still the best place.
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Faster doesnt mean better. (And its NOT faster, its the same OS kernel.)

    Win95 is even faster than XP by a huge margin.
    Do you wanna use it?

    I'm not convinced atm by Windows 7, because they removed to much of what took Vista to "The next step OS" in its current version.

  5. #5
    LarsDeman is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My apartment!
    Posts
    632

    Default

    neruke, have you tried getting access to a really secure network?
    Aka, a hidden wireless one.

    It's possible through vista, but takes a few HOURS the first time. They have removed more or less the full "configure network" function in Vista. So it's just... great. I loved having a network in "known/installed networks" but not finding it when looking to connect.

    That is Vista for you.

  6. #6
    MadDogMike is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsDeman View Post
    neruke, have you tried getting access to a really secure network?
    Aka, a hidden wireless one.

    It's possible through vista, but takes a few HOURS the first time. They have removed more or less the full "configure network" function in Vista. So it's just... great. I loved having a network in "known/installed networks" but not finding it when looking to connect.

    That is Vista for you.
    I managed to connect into my friend's hidden wireless network in just a couple of minutes the first time I tried, so I don't think it was a problem with Vista.

  7. #7
    Jyuu's Avatar
    Jyuu is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Most Vista problems are actually PEBKAC.
    Also known as I.D. TEN T. errors.

  8. #8
    StealDragon's Avatar
    StealDragon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NCC-1701
    Posts
    13,452

    Default

    Whatever... I just hope W7 uses less resources because that actually matters to me.


    I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
    I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
    before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends


    [Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009

  9. #9
    Jyuu's Avatar
    Jyuu is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StealDragon View Post
    Whatever... I just hope W7 uses less resources because that actually matters to me.
    No it will not.
    lawl

  10. #10
    neruke is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth, still the best place.
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Dont think so too.
    At least not by a huge margin. Maybe 10% or something because they deleted stuff.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162