So, if you ever took spanish, you know that words are associated with genders. Like 'House' for instance, is feminine: 'la casa.' And 'Pencil,' however, is masculine: 'el lapiz
But what about words like computer? Male or female?
A group of men thought a computer should be feminine as ('la computadora'), because:
1 No one but their creator understands their internal logic
2.The native language they use to communicate with other computers is
incomprehensible to everyone else
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.
The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be Masculine ('el computador'), because:
1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on
2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.
What do you think? Add on!!