Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58
  1. #11
    Schiljo is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Heaven or hell
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neruke View Post
    Sure.
    You wander around the whole day and blame yourself for the holocaust...
    I do not. Because our generation isnt fault for that.

    And the fact that many people are tired of being fed this war every day, every fucking day, is just reality. Its not saying it wasnt bad, its just being tired of the whole story.

    And I'm really looking forward the day, that every person who was in any way interactive with that time, has finally passed away. So the world can go on.
    History shows us where and how mistakes were made and how not to repeat them. You're just plain ol' ignorant.

  2. #12
    Saizou is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neruke View Post
    Sure.
    You wander around the whole day and blame yourself for the holocaust...
    I do not. Because our generation isnt fault for that.

    And the fact that many people are tired of being fed this war every day, every fucking day, is just reality. Its not saying it wasnt bad, its just being tired of the whole story.

    And I'm really looking forward the day, that every person who was in any way interactive with that time, has finally passed away. So the world can go on.
    You really don't get it, do you? The world isn't supposed to "go on", it's supposed to remember the Holocaust forever and ensure that anything like it doesn't happen ever again.

    This isn't some little insignificant thing we're talking about. It is the greatest crime against humanity ever, the blackest stain on the character of our species. It's not something that warrants some blasť comment about goddamn overexposure.

  3. #13
    Terasiel is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina, US
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saizou View Post
    You really don't get it, do you? The world isn't supposed to "go on", it's supposed to remember the Holocaust forever and ensure that anything like it doesn't happen ever again.

    This isn't some little insignificant thing we're talking about. It is the greatest crime against humanity ever, the blackest stain on the character of our species. It's not something that warrants some blasé comment about goddamn overexposure.
    Hi, I'd like to introduce myself, I'm the Devil's Advocate.

    Now, despite that wonderful opening line, I have only one problem with "overexposing" the Holocaust: It diminishes what it was.

    At this point, we see it every day on the History channel, hear about it all throughout school, and it doesn't even register with some people anymore. We've turned it into a Pearl Harbor style tragety. In other words, it's a thing that happened to some dead people a long time ago and doesn't matter anymore. Not because it's not talked about on a daily basis. Not because it's downplayed by people like Neruke. Not even because it happened over sixty years ago; but because it's treated with such daily rerun status that it becomes something we're used to.

    The holocaust has become a standard at this point. We use it to drown out other trageties and make genocide into political murder. Two million people can be executed right now in the next few years, in one country alone, and the world will look at it and shrug, "We'll it's not as bad as the Holocaust."

  4. #14
    yoda is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    in a freezing country
    Posts
    530

    Default

    if the only thing you can do is dwell in the past then you wont do shit in the present, if the holocaust was that much of a horror and is something so important that we have to remember it so that something similare never happens again then you guys fucking fail cuz there has been loads of genocides after the holocaust, just like the one in rwanda. Theres still alot of people that are getting killed just because of thier ethnicity in underdeveloped countries, and all you people can do is talk about how we have to remember the holocaust for it to never happen again? pure ignorance, seriously.

  5. #15
    AtrumIncendia is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,896

    Default

    What have I started? This was supposed to be a happy thing...

  6. #16
    neruke is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth, still the best place.
    Posts
    768

    Default

    I apologize. I did start this mess.

    @yoda:
    Thanks. Present > Past.

  7. #17
    Henchy432 is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Harlem
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtrumIncendia View Post
    What have I started? This was supposed to be a happy thing...
    It seems the threads, you start. Always bring trouble. =/

  8. #18
    StealDragon's Avatar
    StealDragon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NCC-1701
    Posts
    13,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saizou View Post
    This isn't some little insignificant thing we're talking about. It is the greatest crime against humanity ever, the blackest stain on the character of our species. It's not something that warrants some blasť comment about goddamn overexposure.
    I'd say that slavery in America takes that honor. But I get your point...


    I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
    I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
    before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends


    [Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009

  9. #19
    Terasiel is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina, US
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StealDragon View Post
    I'd say that slavery in America takes that honor. But I get your point...
    The Holocaust was less evil than North American slavery?

    I'm betting everything I own and then some that someone, someone besides me, is going to call you on that one.

  10. #20
    Henchy432 is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Harlem
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    I am going to have to say the Holocaust was worse.

 

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79