Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75
  1. #11
    barny21 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pasay, Ph
    Posts
    164

    Default

    I earn around $25 a day. Good thing I do not own gas guzzling gadgets (Not that I can afford it.) Lucky you!

    Biofuels are ready. These giants are just making most out of oil while its there.
    Tagalog: "Bababa ba?"
    English: "Are you going down?"

  2. #12
    StealDragon's Avatar
    StealDragon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NCC-1701
    Posts
    13,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terasiel View Post
    Oh great, now we're going to have a big anti-liberal fiasco, with loads of self-loathing because it means they're supporting Bush's economic decisions.

    Wait, Martyr can't come on here anymore - someone got to pick up the slack.

    On a related note: $3.59 a gallon for my 50-60 mile voyages a day is killing my South Carolinian minimum wage.
    That'd be Jakko.

    Anyway CNN keeps reporting that the majority of the price of gas is due to oil speculators, and without them the price of a barrel of oil would be $60 - $80 a barrel.


    I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
    I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
    before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends


    [Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009

  3. #13
    barny21 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pasay, Ph
    Posts
    164

    Default

    SO if your investing, invest on alternative energy.
    Tagalog: "Bababa ba?"
    English: "Are you going down?"

  4. #14
    Terasiel is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina, US
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barny21 View Post
    SO if your investing, invest on alternative energy.
    But then the news networks will start screaming about how were "using up our natural resources."

    I called the hell out of that one. I was actually telling someone that the "food shortage" will be blamed on ethanol. Just wait and see.

    Guess what the completely unbiased news networks decided was to blame for a "corn shortage?" Sure as hell wasn't all the damn foods, and anything else that we make, that also happens to have corn oil in it. You know, about 80% of all food made in factories in the first place.

    Can't wait till they figure out that solar energy causes cancer and that electric cars lead to more pollution than stretch hummers.

  5. #15
    barny21 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pasay, Ph
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terasiel View Post
    But then the news networks will start screaming about how were "using up our natural resources."

    I called the hell out of that one. I was actually telling someone that the "food shortage" will be blamed on ethanol. Just wait and see.

    Guess what the completely unbiased news networks decided was to blame for a "corn shortage?" Sure as hell wasn't all the damn foods, and anything else that we make, that also happens to have corn oil in it. You know, about 80% of all food made in factories in the first place.

    Can't wait till they figure out that solar energy causes cancer and that electric cars lead to more pollution than stretch hummers.
    That's freakin media and the markets for you. Its all about the $. These people won't budge until social unrest becomes the trend and their positions come to danger. But then, a new status quo.
    Tagalog: "Bababa ba?"
    English: "Are you going down?"

  6. #16
    barny21 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pasay, Ph
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Double post, please delete.
    Last edited by barny21; 05-18-2008 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Double post
    Tagalog: "Bababa ba?"
    English: "Are you going down?"

  7. #17
    Saizou is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Well, as a member of the civilized world, I am sincerely wondering why anyone in their right mind and/or with a somewhat functioning moral compass would seriously consider voting Republican in general, and McCain in particular this year.

    Even if you dislike the policies of the democrat candidate, how can you trust someone like McCain who whores every principle that he once had for political capital?

  8. #18
    Jakko's Avatar
    Jakko is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    4,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saizou View Post
    Well, as a member of the civilized world, I am sincerely wondering why anyone in their right mind and/or with a somewhat functioning moral compass would seriously consider voting Republican in general, and McCain in particular this year.

    Even if you dislike the policies of the democrat candidate, how can you trust someone like McCain who whores every principle that he once had for political capital?
    Because I am banking on him picking a good VP, and then having the good grace to die. A heart attack would be fine. A stroke would be cool. An aneurysm would be nice. A fall, and broken hip, and slow downward spiral into poor health and death would be kosher as well.

  9. #19
    bipolargraph is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    2,177

    Default

    He doesn't die, will you take him down? Maybe just dress up as a KGB (assuming that there's a stereotyped dress code), and jump him in the shower and he'll get a good heart attack. A pretzel in his soup might do miracles too.

  10. #20
    Saizou is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakko View Post
    Because I am banking on him picking a good VP, and then having the good grace to die. A heart attack would be fine. A stroke would be cool. An aneurysm would be nice. A fall, and broken hip, and slow downward spiral into poor health and death would be kosher as well.
    And who would this VP be then? And furthermore, if this presumed VP would be better than him, why hasn't that person got the nomination in the first place?

 

 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162