Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 179
  1. #101
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtrumIncendia View Post
    Yet girls puntcure a whole in their ear lobes to look fashionable.
    It doesn't harm (most people) for the rest of their lives. For that matter, neither does male circumcision. You can still have sex and get pleasure from it, plus there are actual benefits to it. Besides, would anyone object to small children getting disease vaccines because "they didn't ask for it"?

    (Honestly, I don't care. I'm just making a point that it's not like female genital mutilation. Not even close. You guys are talking about how bad and awful it is when it's still pretty tame.)
    ~Digital_Eon~




  2. #102
    AtrumIncendia is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    (Honestly, I don't care. I'm just making a point that it's not like female genital mutilation. Not even close. You guys are talking about how bad and awful it is when it's still pretty tame.)
    I didn't say anything. I was too young at the time, but it probably wasn't as bad as female genital mutilation.

    That's why I love anesthetics.

  3. #103
    shautieh's Avatar
    shautieh is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Skipea
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    It doesn't harm (most people) for the rest of their lives. For that matter, neither does male circumcision. You can still have sex and get pleasure from it, plus there are actual benefits to it. Besides, would anyone object to small children getting disease vaccines because "they didn't ask for it"?

    (Honestly, I don't care. I'm just making a point that it's not like female genital mutilation. Not even close. You guys are talking about how bad and awful it is when it's still pretty tame.)
    If you don't care you shouldn't make false statements ! It's in no way a vaccin against diseases as there are as much complications than there are advantages. It's as if I said female infibulation was great because it prevented female from having sex, thus preventing them from getting STDs. That would be just as nonsensical, though way worse.

    And it's not that tame, there are children who die because of circumcision !

  4. #104
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shautieh View Post
    If you don't care you shouldn't make false statements ! It's in no way a vaccin against diseases as there are as much complications than there are advantages.
    I said it's like saying that babies shouldn't be vaccinated against diseases - I remember that happened to me.

    And it's not that tame, there are children who die because of circumcision !
    Compared to female circumcision it is.
    ~Digital_Eon~




  5. #105
    Terasiel is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina, US
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    Compared to female circumcision it is.
    And so it starts. We've reached that spiral in which bad things are justified in comparison to other things that are only vaguely important to the issue.
    Extortion by way of a vicious beating is fine when you compare it to slow, heavily scarring torture.

    Long story short, if they discovered that a part of the female reproductive system, let's just say the labia minora, contained certain cells and general qualities that increase the overall chance of getting a disease during unprotected sex, would it be okay to remove them from 60-80% of all girls in the United States within their first year, or so, of life?

    Rare case, but this is what Shautieh was refering to:
    Baby bleeds to death after circumcision

  6. #106
    csuti's Avatar
    csuti is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtrumIncendia View Post
    Yet girls puntcure a whole in their ear lobes to look fashionable.
    I for one don't have my ears pierced.
    And either way, if you don't wear earrings for a while, the whole closes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    It doesn't harm (most people) for the rest of their lives. For that matter, neither does male circumcision. You can still have sex and get pleasure from it, plus there are actual benefits to it. Besides, would anyone object to small children getting disease vaccines because "they didn't ask for it"?

    (Honestly, I don't care. I'm just making a point that it's not like female genital mutilation. Not even close. You guys are talking about how bad and awful it is when it's still pretty tame.)
    But you're not cuting off anything during a vaccination, are you?

  7. #107
    AtrumIncendia is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,896

    Default

    I don't think male circumcision should even be a problem. We still cut our hair and nails, and we're still normal human beings. They may be different both are still fine.

  8. #108
    csuti's Avatar
    csuti is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    1. cuting your hair and nails doesn't hurt, 2. it grows back, and 3. you have control over it. You don't grow up already not having your hair and nails.

  9. #109
    StealthMoose is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Land of the Engs
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Atrum, while csuti has adequately covered the flaws in your point, I still think it needs to be said that yours was a particularly retarded post.

    Anyway Jakko has easily won this thread. Dude however we may disagree on certain things, I have a new and profound respect for you; anybody that can go through that as a little kid and not end up a gibbering sociopathic sadist has some impressive fortitude.

  10. #110
    AtrumIncendia is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthMoose View Post
    Atrum, while csuti has adequately covered the flaws in your point, I still think it needs to be said that yours was a particularly retarded post.

    Anyway Jakko has easily won this thread. Dude however we may disagree on certain things, I have a new and profound respect for you; anybody that can go through that as a little kid and not end up a gibbering sociopathic sadist has some impressive fortitude.
    Hold on. Were you just dissing me? Like, I'm so close to the edge right now.

    Okay? It's not retarted, I was speaking my mind (as gay as that sounds). I just thought that male circumcision isn't a problem.

 

 
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162