but if I suggest "Acid rain" is a human cause
would you say it's also a crock?
but if I suggest "Acid rain" is a human cause
would you say it's also a crock?
As I've never heard anyone try to say Acid Rain WASN'T our fault... I'd have to say no, I wouldn't say its a crock.
Acid rain does occur naturally however (volcanic eruptions cause it to occur quite frequently in some places), the spread and exacerbation of acid rain is definitely our fault though.
On another note, cause your new, I'm going to tell you its probably better if your a bit more respectful to mods. I'm not exactly widely known as the most tolerant mod here.
Well excuse me for being rude..
Ok Acid rain does occur naturally
so can we said that all acid rain that happens are related to volcanic eruptions?
But hearing that Global warming is a "Crock"
Is just that is too hard for me to swallow.
We of course as human beings have a big part in this global warming,
due to all the amount of fossil energy we daily use.
The planet is slowly changing and "we" have a part in it.
Global warming is a crock.
Yes, carbon dioxide in the air has increased in the last century due to the use of fossil fuels.
Yes, global average temperature has increased 0.8 degrees F in the same century.
UNFORTUNATELY... the temperature increase came first: most of the temperature increase in the last century was before 1940, and most of the new carbon dioxide was added after 1960.
Would you trust a "scientist" who said the result came before the cause?
There are other problems, as well. Solar activity may be the cause of the world temperature changes. The global warmers can't explain why satellites show no temperature change in the past 20 years. The computer models that predict disaster in a century have been completely wrong for the past 20 years. And no one can agree on the side effects.
Most scientists use facts and logic to reach conclusions. It's no surprise that over 19,000 scientists and engineers have signed a petition calling for rejection of the Kyoto treaty. This overshadows any collection of scientists that have endorsed the treaty.
>>>>>>>>> Global Warming Petition Project <<<<<<<<<<<
Global warming is a crock. Acknowledge it, try not to let yourself get caught up in hype and idiocy. If this was an issue the scientific community would've brought it to our attention - not a politician (Hi Al Gore!).We urge the United States government to reject the global warming agreement that was written in Kyoto, Japan in December, 1997, and any other similar proposals. The proposed limits on greenhouse gases would harm the environment, hinder the advance of science and technology, and damage the health and welfare of mankind.
There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gasses is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.
Some good articles to consider.
Czech President Calls Man-Made Global Warming a Myth, Questions Al Goreâ€™s Sanity | NewsBusters.org
Two More Global Warming False Alarms
The truth about global warming - it's the Sun that's to blame - Telegraph
TA: Be Cool - say global warming is false
Another False Alarm on Global Warming - by David E. Wojick, Ph.D. - The Heartland Institute
P.S. I didn't bother to click Steal's link before but I did now, how the hell is that revolutionary? Have you never looked at a population map? The east coast is ridiculously more populous than the west coast. None of this is surprising. Also, none of those links say it contributes to global warming.
from the get-go, we've acknowledged the possibility that humans don't contribute much to global warming. did you ignore everything else we said ?
edit: and btw, if i had a bunch of time on my hand, i could trudge up a bunch of links that support human-caused global warming (because there is already a consensus in the scientist community about global warming itself). it's a controversial topic, and if you want to argue it, we could go on for a long time. for instance, guess when the industrial revolution started ? sure, we're spewing out more CO2 now, but we're seeing the effects of what happened LONG ago. and what's up with the satellite point ? you said there was a raise in temperature, and now you say there wasn't ?
oh hey, here's an article pointing in the other direction, if i had time i could drudge up a lot more:
Environment in crisis: 'We are past the point of no return' - Environment - The Independent
find me a peer-reviewed science article that says global warming isn't human caused. you probably can't. and i probably can't find one that says it IS human-caused. the earth is massive and its systems are so complicated that measuring a global effect is an astronomical task. in the meantime, rather than arguing about the damn thing, i'd like to help lessen the rape-age of the earth. thanks.
Last edited by echoblaze; 04-09-2008 at 05:32 AM.
Ahh, I wasn't directing my err, diatribe, at you guys. I was directing it more at SD (who is a confirmed "Global warming a threat!" person) and at Red Knight. SD's perpetual liberal whining grates at my nerves.
My first post even specifically says
Steal you really should bother getting some facts at least straight...
Its too late already try to save the earth, and by all mean its too late. Sure, environmentalist will argue with me, but earth are beyond saving already.
Its kinda futile trying though. On the side notes, im not against saving energy or saving the environtment, but well, its kinda late. Air polution won't go away for the next 150 years or so, CO2 emission will risen exponentially in the next 25 years. Our forest, well find out for urself. Unless we have some high tech terraforming capabilities,starting when its too late already is well, kinda futile. Rather than prevention, we or our children going to have to start repairing the damage that have been done. Lets start by genetically modified tree and coral for extreme endurance(lol,joke).
Its kinda irony that the we are the only species that able to plant our own seed of destruction. I pity the next generation. Global warming will happen sooner or later,not if but when. global warming is kinda natural cycle for our planet though, kinda like last attempt by earth to repair itself. Whether its a myth or not, we sure have felt the different in the past 20 years ^^ oh well, at least I won't be living in the next 100 years after this post. It sure won't be pretty, or maybe if lucky, nothing huge happen. Oh well, what happen happen.
liberal you said.
well I have nothing against you martyr.
Well for the 19.000 American "scientist" saying that's a crock, then it must be a crock then.
Reminds me back when some "American" said that Oil can't be depleted since
it isn't Fossil to start with.
Hey don't flame me
it's just my humble opinion.
Your humble opinion is stated in very bad english which either mangles your point to incomprehensibility... or proves your an idiot and didn't bother reading any of the links or trying for an independent thought, I can't decide which.
I'm not going to go through the motions of quoting you half a dozen times but heres the rundown
1. If you don't believe in global warming then more power to you. Drive a Hummer, keep the AC on 24/7 during the summer, and burn every solar panel you see. Just don't come to me when you look up in your old age and can remember when it never got to 120 degrees ten days a month in May and Antarctica was not an island chain.
2. I don't believe* global warming is a "crock". You can believe anything you want. If anything the vast majority of the world and scientists say it does. Naturally that means nothing since you can throw all the numbers you want at me and I can do the same to you and we both know (as evidenced by Galileo and Copernicus and dozens of others) that it only takes one scientist to prove anything and not a bunch of people (read: scientists from a bajillion fields from microbiology to cosmology) screaming at one another.
3. No corn ethanol is not the complete solution... blah blah blah. Its part of a consortium of ideas, that implemented together ... yadda yadda yadda. You know the drill. You say 10% vs 3% but you never stop to admit that its more than abundantly clear that American farms are not working at even close to full capacity. Personally I think that Solar is the way to go for general power needs because the Sun radiates an insane amount of energy that we're just too lazy to tap and coupling that with electric/hydrogen cars but ... nevermind. Thats too hard for the American public so its whatever. You know cuz we might need new infrastructure that would create jobs, and brand new R&D to make things more efficient and find new breakthroughs that would inspire kids to go to college, and sweet Jesus we might actually have to be somewhat autonomous and stop sucking some oil shiek's dick... We could never handle it.
4. Nothing I've said in my OP was not "fact" The facts are this. We produce a shitload of CO2 and greenhouse gas. This is by no stretch of the imagination good. These two things are evident no matter what your political, economic, regional, corporate, etc. affiliations. Thats what needs to be "acknowledged".
5. Me being "liberal" has shit-fuck-assbones to do with anything. And anyway because you choose to ignore the things I'm conservative about just says more about you than it does me. I'll assume you bought that up because I mentioned government... well it is a major issue. Now I may be stereotyping but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say an absurdly vast majority of Southern Republicans (like the President and his little bitch b.k.a. The Republican Nominee) are bound, gagged, and led around on a leash by the fossil fuel industries. Of course this makes sense since fossil fuel is the life blood of the South with its massive coal and oil reserves, its an integral part of their economy. Naturally they'll never admit that what drives their economy could ever be "bad" for the American public, or shit.. ever need to be changed just to modernize and keep the population safe. Hell the very definition of conservative means unwilling to change. But never mind that, back to the point - its a cold hard truth that Republicans are not going to help support making energy production in this country environmentally safe (regardless of global effects) and a Democrat will be necessary to force this change to occur. Fact.
6. That quote contains a word you may not have realized carries more weight than it should. In your bolded section is the word "convincing". See convincing means that you are open to the fact you may be wrong and are willing to have your position swayed to the other side. Hence being convinced. Something tells me you nor the people who wrote that are willing to bite the bullet and say "I'm wrong". But will instead keep waving that one guy's paper that says "Its natural!!! Sure, theres six and a half billion people churning out trillions of tons of waste into the air every year but don't worry! It won't do a damn thing to anything!!! Now give me some coal to suck on and some oil to wipe my ass with!!!"
7. The scientific community has been saying this for decades. Why would they have studies from the 40's and 50's and 60's if they hadn't been looking into it? Just because somebody made a movie about it in recent years doesn't mean that everything that happened before it is somehow magically gone. If its such bullshit as you claim and all these people (who's opinions still don't matter) disagree with it (who ALL oddly enough are the exact description of the PROBLEM) then why don't they have politicians out making movies about it? Instead of whining about how this is a huge lie and signing petitions wouldn't it be much more ... intelligent to put out an opposing viewpoint? I'm sure they put someone in an office of moderate respectability who is willing to take a moral assraping and become a proponent of the cause, because of course they actually believe in it and aren't just trying to cause controversy, become famous, and get re-elected like Gore was... oh wait.
8. R3dKnight. Shut up. For your sake and mine.
Edit: I can't remember or seem to find it at this point but before this post had I ever said a damn thing about global warming? I must have for Martyr to go off like this... hmm.. =\
Last edited by StealDragon; 04-09-2008 at 02:22 PM.
I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends
[Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009