Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45
  1. #11
    silverwmoon is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    in my bed, sleeping
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adonai View Post
    Not that individual cases can be accurately described as "causing havoc".
    True, but it still has potential to turn out really badly depending on the family ie. the father has a bad recessive trait and gives it to the daughter, and then if they get together 25% chance the granddaughter will have the full blown version and 75% chance the granddaughter will carry the recessive gene.
    Simplified a little but it paints the picture.

    Realistically it's probably only considered morally wrong because of that. but I mean you can avoid marrying family and marry within a community and STILL have major problems. I've heard of a couple communities where you either have to get genetic couselling to see if you can marry or there is an outright list you're given of people you're not allowed to marry bcause of genetic concerns.

  2. #12
    pulp_chicken is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    473

    Default

    My first thought when I saw the pics aired of that facility was Neverland Range! But, poor kids...;_;

  3. #13
    echoblaze is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    this reminds me of the polygamy community in B.C., Canada. child abuse is rampant there (quite a few reports)

    leaders of polygamy community: "this is our belief so respect it!"
    B.C. government: "it's their religion, we can't touch that *slinks away*"

    ... and they're still hand-wringing and stalling for time:

    B.C. needs legal opinion before polygamy court challenge: lawyer

  4. #14
    Raszagal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Europa
    Posts
    4,067

    Default

    So, untill they can find a way to stop them, its legal for the old perverts to abuse the girls...sick!

  5. #15
    Sherman is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adonai View Post
    Pretty much, yeah.

    Not that individual cases can be accurately described as "causing havoc".
    Sweet. Bring on my hot granddaughter!

  6. #16
    Henchy432 is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Harlem
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Polygamy, in it's self is not a bad thing. This feels like a mix of "Big Love" and "The Village".

  7. #17
    98abaile's Avatar
    98abaile is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    An Englishman in a shithole somewhere in Wales.
    Posts
    7,892

    Default

    I find polygamy to be depressing, its not what I would call love, but then we all have our own opinions. My beef here is that religion was involved and that these beliefs are being forced wether it be by regime or "propaganda".

  8. #18
    be0wulf is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    Sigh...I still think we'd be better off without religion. At the very least, that fuxing Jehovah's Witness will stop harassing everyone at the skytrain station near my house.


    http://www.chunlikickedme.com

  9. #19
    irecinius is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    I agree with Abaile here..

    I took a while to respond because I wanted to see how its unfolding the investigation.
    News aren't very good source of information, because we aways have that little exaggeration..
    The investigation in itself was based off ONE anonymous phone call, and that person, that said was 16 and pregnant of a 50years old man, was never found..

    Saying that 400 children were in danger, is just to get people attention, if you wave "kids were in danger" like I said everyone jump on their feet and "think of the children"
    But are you really thinking of the children? Ripping them apart from their parents, saying what their parents were doing wasn't in conform with what they believed to be right? I said believe because we are talking about religion!
    I think its pretty much established environment has very little on someone.
    Because would be just like saying, every criminal's child is a criminal, every good man's child is a good kid thus will grown to be a good man..
    Its a very naive mindset if you think like that. I resort to science as much as possible, but this is theses of the traits of a human, its unpredictable how that person will turn out..
    He could have all the luxury on the world, all the needs he would ever want.. and still end up as a psychopath!
    While the kid of a f*ed up family of a prostitute and abank robber, could grow up to be a lawer!

    I also don't like how could one potentially say that your parents were unfit DE, and have you taken away on "protective" custody, until you were of legal age..
    Do you think that would be health for you? or any kid out there?

    I don't think that 400 kids were in any danger! Theses "sexual predators" aren't polygamists, aren't black, aren't white, aren't Christians, aren't Mormons!

    They are humans.. and you can find rotten little beings whenever you go!
    I know if I poked around enough, I could find one any place I wanted to find.
    Because their beliefs don't go the same way, they get targeted.

    This has nothing to do with "kids in danger" but has to do with "I'll change the world, one religion at time!"
    Last edited by irecinius; 04-09-2008 at 09:06 AM. Reason: spelling~

  10. #20
    Jakko's Avatar
    Jakko is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    4,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irecinius View Post
    I agree with Abaile here..

    I took a while to respond because I wanted to see how its unfolding the investigation.
    News aren't very good source of information, because we aways have that little exaggeration..
    The investigation in itself was based off ONE anonymous phone call, and that person, that said was 16 and pregnant of a 50years old man, was never found..

    Saying that 400 children were in danger, is just to get people attention, if you wave "kids were in danger" like I said everyone jump on their feet and "think of the children"
    But are you really thinking of the children? Ripping them apart from their parents, saying what their parents were doing wasn't in conform with what they believed to be right? I said believe because we are talking about religion!
    I think its pretty much established environment has very little on someone.
    Because would be just like saying, every criminal's child is a criminal, every good man's child is a good kid thus will grown to be a good man..
    Its a very naive mindset if you think like that. I resort to science as much as possible, but this is theses of the traits of a human, its unpredictable how that person will turn out..
    He could have all the luxury on the world, all the needs he would ever want.. and still end up as a psychopath!
    While the kid of a f*ed up family of a prostitute and abank robber, could grow up to be a lawer!

    I also don't like how could one potentially say that your parents were unfit DE, and have you taken away on "protective" custody, until you were of legal age..
    Do you think that would be health for you? or any kid out there?

    I don't think that 400 kids were in any danger! Theses "sexual predators" aren't polygamists, aren't black, aren't white, aren't Christians, aren't Mormons!

    They are humans.. and you can find rotten little beings whenever you go!
    I know if I poked around enough, I could find one any place I wanted to find.
    Because their beliefs don't go the same way, they get targeted.

    This has nothing to do with "kids in danger" but has to do with "I'll change the world, one religion at time!"
    That's all well and good, but when a 15 year old is forced to have sex and a child with a 50 year old, then we have a problem.

    I don't know where you come from, but around here, we call that "rape." And the guilty parties include the parents that allowed, encouraged, it.

 

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79