View Poll Results: Prostitution

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it should be legal

    43 68.25%
  • No, it shouldn't be legal

    20 31.75%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 152
  1. #101
    Hymir is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I'm too lazy to read through the entire thread, but its legal in Australia and by that i mean Victoria, don't know about the other states but no street prostitution only brothels are legal . I reckon this is good it gives the women who want to do it a safe environment to work in, (the men can usually take care of themselves but probably still need to work for a brothel to be legal) having said that there are still problems with the system.

    legality leads to regulation which leads to safety and moderation if only the governments would realise that with drugs, more ppl would use but them less ppl would overdose and less gangland corruption. And it works the same with prostitution, change od to abuse them. and better medical treatment for both if legal, but then the pollies are worried about the hyper conservative religious voters and whiners who cant think for themselves and has to follow exactly an outdated book of stories which tells them otherwise.

    crazy yanks

  2. #102
    Sherman is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bipolargraph View Post
    Anyways, if you think having sex with a with a woman is something that's ok, and it's just a service/something that's not sacred for a woman, then rape criminals should have lighter sentences.
    I happen to think sex with a woman is something that is Very OK, both parties willing.

    Ideally, that's because both parties want to, just for the sake of doing it. If it's for money, then it's still an arrangement where both agree to the terms.

    Saying that means rapists should get a lighter sentence is plain stupid. It's almost not even worth saying why, but I'll give it a shot.

    ...

    Actually, no I won't. Fuck it. That's idiotic. You're an idiot.

  3. #103
    bipolargraph is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    2,177

    Default

    Saying that means rapists should get a lighter sentence is plain stupid. It's almost not even worth saying why, but I'll give it a shot.

    ...

    Actually, no I won't. Fuck it. That's idiotic. You're an idiot.
    It was meant to sound idiotic...
    edit; Well, my point was, if a man rapes a woman, other than the physical damage she gets, she'll get a mental trauma for forcibly having sex. Now if sex was something casual, then she shouldn't care too much. That was kinda my point, I didn't get it across. I believe rapists should be killed. Harsh, but thats what they deserve. No I'm not an idiot.
    My argument was that sex isn't something casual, and no, I won't change my view point, or think that it's ok to have sex for money, or respect anyone who does.
    Last edited by bipolargraph; 03-21-2008 at 09:26 AM.

  4. #104
    StealDragon's Avatar
    StealDragon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NCC-1701
    Posts
    13,425

    Default

    Theres no possible way you could logically justify saying that. Trying just makes it worse. BTW, the majority of sex is "casual".


    I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
    I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
    before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends


    [Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009

  5. #105
    bipolargraph is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    2,177

    Default

    ^ I'm wasn't justifying, I was just saying that it's not casual. You don't go up to your neighbor and say "hey lets (censored)" and (s)he says "ok".
    I'm not saying stop the prostitutes either, I'm saying give the ones that want a way out a chance. No point in continuing this, since more flaming will occur.
    (sherman, I meant that it wasn't a casual thing, but I expressed it in the wrong way, there is no need for flaming).
    @Steal; lol, over here it's the exact opposite of the U.S.
    Almost everyone is a virgin until (s)he gets married. It's rare to find a woman that's wearing exposed cloth. Men aren't supposed to stare at women passing by etc etc.

  6. #106
    StealDragon's Avatar
    StealDragon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NCC-1701
    Posts
    13,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bipolargraph View Post
    ^ I'm wasn't justifying, I was just saying that it's not casual. You don't go up to your neighbor and say "hey lets (censored)" and (s)he says "ok".


    You've yet to give a reasonable "way out", and no one is flaming you.... =\
    @Steal; lol, over here it's the exact opposite of the U.S.
    Almost everyone is a virgin until (s)he gets married. It's rare to find a woman that's wearing exposed cloth. Men aren't supposed to stare at women passing by etc etc.
    Sucks for you.


    I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
    I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
    before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends


    [Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009

  7. #107
    bipolargraph is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    2,177

    Default

    You've yet to give a reasonable "way out", and no one is flaming you.... =\
    I don't need a way out. I said if having sex (with someone you're not married to) is normal, and is a service, then rape is like stealing the service. I said nothing offensive to anyone, I was making an argument. No need for emotions.

    @movie: Try asking your neighbor, and tell how she reacts. :P

    Sucks for you.
    Not really.

  8. #108
    R3dKnight is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    third world country
    Posts
    4,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bipolargraph View Post
    @movie: Try asking your neighbor, and tell how she reacts. :P

    I like you....



    rogl

  9. #109
    StealDragon's Avatar
    StealDragon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NCC-1701
    Posts
    13,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bipolargraph View Post
    I don't need a way out.
    Yes you do. If you're going to be a vocal opponent of a idea and you see no reason to back up what you're saying or produce a valid alternative then yes, I think we should end the discussion. Because you're just wasting time. I'd compare you to Micah Armstrong but at least he attempts to back up his ludicrous opinions beacause in case you dont know... it's not an argument if all your saying is "No, you're wrong" over and over again.
    I said if having sex (with someone you're not married to) is normal, and is a service, then rape is like stealing the service. I said nothing offensive to anyone, I was making an argument. No need for emotions.
    Your analogy is flat out stupid. Casual sex between two consenting adults isn't a service. PAYING for casual sex is a service. If you rape a prostitute and shove money in his/her face when you're done doesn't absolve you of the crime of rape. Nor is it anything to do with stealing. Prostitution is a verbal contract and it only exists between two consenting people. Just because someone is a prostitute doesn't mean their body is permanently up for sale. So raping one isn't stealing from them. It's just fucking rape!
    @movie: Try asking your neighbor, and tell how she reacts. :P
    Watch the movie first.

    PS. IRL no one "asks" for sex.

    Not really.
    I wasn't asking.


    I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
    I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
    before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends


    [Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009

  10. #110
    Terasiel is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina, US
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StealDragon View Post
    PS. IRL no one "asks" for sex.
    That's right, they demand it!


    I wasn't asking.
    That's the spirit!

 

 
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79