You know youre a kid from the 90s when...
--You remember the original cast of All That, and watched Kenan and Kel
--Clarissa explains it all. enough said.
--You remember the beloved popsicle stick, Stick Stickly, and Gumby.
--You know that "How Rude!" comes from Stephanie from "Full House"
--You can sing the rap to "The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air"
--You get really excited because you know all the words to these songs if you ever hear them nowadays: Lenny Kravitz "Fly away," Eve 6's "oblivion," Aqua's "barbie girl," Swirl 360's "hey now now," Coolio's "gangster paradise," Reel 2 real's move it, Outhere brothers "Boom, boom, boom," Tag team's "whoomp there it is"
--You remember Captain Planet and the song.
--You remember getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons, and you appreciate "old school nickelodeon" including rocko's modern life, hey arnold, doug, rugrats (pre "all grown up" days)
--You remember "lambchop" and the "song that never ends"
--You remember the show "recess"
--You remember Bill Nye the Science Guy.
--You remember Legends of the Hidden Temple, Fraggle Rock, Garfield, Eureka's Castle, Smurfs, and Ghost Writer (but you didn't know what a ghost writer was).
--You got really excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
--You remember reading the "Goosebumps" series, and they freaked you out.
--You remember the Magic School Bus, and always wished your school bus could go on cool adventures.
--You remember the introduction and then the banning of slap bracelets.
--You used to say "NOT" after (almost) every sentence...Not...
--You're clever comeback for almost everything was "I know you are but what am I," or "I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you."
--You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
--You were obsessed with the Spice Girls/Backstreet Boys/N'sync/Britney Spears
--You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates
--You have gotten injured on a Slip 'n' Slide
--You remember boom boxes and cd players
--You had a walkman
--You had a tamagachi
--You had a furbie and you got frustrated when it just wouldn't shut up
--You either owned silly putty or playdough or both
--You owned many, many barbies (or action figures)
--You remember curly shoe laces!
--You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell"
--You remember shows like salute your shorts, ahhh! real monsters, full house, the ren and stimpy show, boy meets world, TGIF
--You remember weird game shows nickelodeon had like Figure it Out, Guts, slimetime live
--You played and collected POGS
--You used to pretend to be a MIGHTY MORPHIN Power Ranger
--You owned a Skip It
--You had at least one GigaPet or Nano and brought it everywhere
--You watched the original Care Bears, and Ninja Turtles
--You remember the real Willy Wonka movie with Gene Wilder. (even though it wasnt made in the 90s)
--You've gotten creeped out by "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"
--You watched Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers
--You thought it would be so cool to be Alex Mack.
--You know the Macarena by heart.
--"Talk to the hand" ... enough said
--You thought Brain would finally take over the world
--You were a beanie baby collector.
--You owned a pair of light up sneakers.
--You had the original nintendo 64 or Sega genesis
--Admit it. You were addicted to playing "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?" and you remember the little cartoon clues that would come up when you travelled to a different country.
--You always said, "Then why don't you marry it!"
--Opposite day occured whenever you wanted it to
Im not ashamed to say I cried this list bought back so many memories
I for one would add Pokemon to this list, it came out ~'97
I like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends
[Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009
Many, many memories. I prefered the early 90s.
I got this from myspace bullentins a long time ago. Speak of which..i read my friends and was insanely bored so i answered all the questions to...here it is:
TODAY DID YOU....
1. TALK TO A GUY/GIRL YOU LIKE?
2. LEARN ANYTHING NEW?
3. TALK TO AN EX??
4. Miss someone?
-LAST PERSON WHO-
5. LAID IN YOUR BED?
6. MADE YOU CRY?
7. YOU WENT TO THE MOVIES WITH?
8.WENT TO THE MALL WITH?
9. YOU SHOWERED WITH?
10. Made you REALLY laugh?
11. SAID THEY LOVED YOU?
16. FAVORITE LOCATION TO HANG
of your mom.
18. WHAT ARE YOU MOST SCARED OF THIS SECOND?
19. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GET MARRIED?
anywhere with ur mom.
20. WHO DO YOU LIKE?
21. DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU?
22. DO YOU LIKE BEING AROUND PEOPLE?
yes, with ur mom
23. HAVE YOU EVER CRIED?
with ur mom, yes.
24. ARE YOU LONELY RIGHT NOW?
no, i'm with ur mom
25. SONG STUCK IN YOUR HEAD?
ur mom is stuck in my head
26. BEEN ON RADIO/TV?
on the radio with ur mom.
28. EVER LIKED SOMEONE WHO TREATED YOU LIKE CRAP?
30. WHAT COLOR OF SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW?
I have no shirt on, but ur mom is on me.
31. NAME THREE THINGS YOU DO EVERYDAY?
ur mom, ur mother, ur mommy.
32. HOW MUCH CASH DO YOU HAVE ON RIGHT NOW
33. ARE YOU BORED?
no, ur mom is all the entertainment i need.
34. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SHOW?
any show if i'm watching it with ur mom.
35. WHO GOT YOU TO JOIN MYSPACE?
36. RAN AWAY?
to ur moms.
37. WISH SOMEONE WAS NEXT TO YOU THIS MORNING WHEN YOU WOKE UP?
yes, ur mom.
38. WHAT WEBSITE DO YOU VISIT THE MOST?
ur mom's website.
39. DO YOU HAVE PLANTS IN YOUR ROOM?
40. DOES ANYTHING HURT ON YOUR BODY RIGHT NOW?
no and yes.
41. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON TO HUG YOU??
1. WHAT IS YOUR DISPLAY NAME ABOUT?
ur mom in secret.
2. WHEN WAS YOUR DEFAULT PICTURE TAKEN?
when i was with ur mom.
4. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT RELATIONSHIP STATUS?
taken by ur mom.
5. HONESTLY, IF SOMEONE WERE TO TELL YOU HOW THEY FELT, WOULD YOU LISTEN?
only if it was ur mom.
6. WHAT'S YOUR CURRENT MOOD?
great, i'm with ur mom.
7. WHAT'S YOUR MOST VALUED POSSESSION?
8. HOW ARE THINGS IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP?
great! Thanks for asking.
10. IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, AND CHANGE SOMETHING WOULD YOU?
when i met ur mom.
11. IF YOU MUST BE AN ANIMAL FOR A DAY, WHAT WOULD YOU BE?
a dog....for doggy style with ur mom!
12. EVER HAD A NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE?
whenever i'm riding with ur mom i do.
14. WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE SONG THAT'S STUCK IN YOUR HEAD?
then one with ur mom in it.
16. NAME SOMEONE WITH THE SAME BDAY AS YOU?
17. HAVE YOU EVER SANG IN FRONT OF A LARGE AUDIENCE?
yeah, with ur mom.
18. WHAT'S THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX?
your mom you mean?
19. WHAT DO YOU USUALLY ORDER FROM STARBUCKS?
ur mom "on the go."
20. DO YOU STILL WATCH KIDDY MOVIES OR TV SHOWS?
only with ur mom
21. EVER HAD A DRUNKEN NIGHT?
plenty of times with ur mom.
22. DO YOU HAVE BRACES?
23. NAME SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU TODAY?
"name" something that happened to me today?? huh?
24. DO YOU SPEAK ANY OTHER LANGUAGE?
25. IS THERE SOMEONE ON YOUR MIND NOW?
ur mom is
26. WHAT HURTS YOU AT THE MOMENT?
27. WHAT DO YOU WISH FOR?
what about pogs and yo yos?
Pogs were the shit.
I was more of a collector than a player. My friends were soo jealous of me.
yeah they were friggin awesome, but i didnt have many cause i was still sorta young with no money. =/
I remember watching my uncles playing/owning pogs when they were in their early teens. I was born in 91 so I remember most of them but not all.