Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    shautieh's Avatar
    shautieh is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Skipea
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    yep, it takes a lot of time to draw, but more importantly good mangakas have to think about the scenario a lot, grabbing new ideas, thinking about it, grabbing even more, and etc.
    It is a really interesting and fun job i think, but it requires a lot of time and work in the meantime

  2. #12
    deuce22 is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,146

    Default

    that's so true. Myself being an art student, it's a hassle in itself just trying to stay motivated and find inspiration.

    and i know that being a mangaka or comic book artist is usually a hit or miss type thing too. If you miss, then pretty much ur dead/stuck and have to be a bum and keep trying. If you ever hit, then your better off, but then at the same time you have to keep being original and creative. It's not easy and you really have to be dedicated to it.


  3. #13
    gemynd is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Australia, QLD
    Posts
    125

    Default

    To do a full page of manga must've taken me about 7 hours once... (I was pretty slow/dodgey then, and still am now) I would say mangaka would all be poor (on that $30p.p. pay rate) except for the few that have series that get re-published.

  4. #14
    GEPPETTOSMONSTER is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    none
    Posts
    109

    Default

    I personally want to be a professional graphic novelist but my artwork isn't anywhere near "good" yet.

  5. #15
    echoblaze is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    26x around 20 pages in a chapter ? and a chapter per week. that's like 520 a week which sure doesn't seem like a lot.. especially since they *have* to crunch out material even if they have writer/artist blocks. drawing for a living sounds like a lot of fun, but is probably a helluva lot harder than it sounds.


    Quote Originally Posted by mystic_guard_sinoel View Post
    It's Chit Chat. Since when am I obligated to help idiots who can't bother to post in the right section?
    no, that has nothing to do with it. it has everything to do with the fact that you were making a useless post about the uselessness of a post. sorry, arrogant hypocrisy pisses me off.

  6. #16
    mystic_guard_sinoel is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 14th Moon
    Posts
    5,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by echoblaze View Post
    no, that has nothing to do with it. it has everything to do with the fact that you were making a useless post about the uselessness of a post. sorry, arrogant hypocrisy pisses me off.
    Actually it has a lot to do with it. Why should I encourage someone to make a manga related thread in Chit Chat by giving them an answer? The rules dictate there should be no manga related threads in Chit Chat It just happened that I was making a post about the nature of useless posts. And I really don't want to get into an arugument about uselss posts on the internet. I'm sorry if I pissed you off...


  7. #17
    echoblaze is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystic_guard_sinoel View Post
    Actually it has a lot to do with it. Why should I encourage someone to make a manga related thread in Chit Chat by giving them an answer? The rules dictate there should be no manga related threads in Chit Chat It just happened that I was making a post about the nature of useless posts. And I really don't want to get into an arugument about uselss posts on the internet. I'm sorry if I pissed you off...
    s'ok, i probably overreacted myself. considering some of the people with power are posting here, it would probably mean that this isn't quite "manga"-related, but more occupation related, so should be fine. that's just my guess.

  8. #18
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by echoblaze View Post
    26x around 20 pages in a chapter ? and a chapter per week. that's like 520 a week which sure doesn't seem like a lot.. especially since they *have* to crunch out material even if they have writer/artist blocks. drawing for a living sounds like a lot of fun, but is probably a helluva lot harder than it sounds.
    That's a pretty shitty salary, really.

  9. #19
    mystic_guard_sinoel is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 14th Moon
    Posts
    5,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolerimmortal View Post
    That's a pretty shitty salary, really.
    Especially in Japan where they have so many expensive things.


  10. #20
    StealDragon's Avatar
    StealDragon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NCC-1701
    Posts
    13,424

    Default



    I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
    I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
    before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends


    [Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79