View Poll Results: should gay marraige be alowed?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it should

    47 55.29%
  • No it should NOT

    24 28.24%
  • undecided

    14 16.47%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 120 of 120

Thread: gay marraige

  1. #111
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kezmi View Post
    gay marriage should not be allowed..not only it is against god commandment, it is disgraceful to human nature.even animal dont go gay.. mankind will be punished for this behavior...its disgusting guys...
    Quote Originally Posted by SAND_MAN View Post
    No body but the gay people should care if gay marriage is allowed or not.
    You're both frighteningly stupid. Surely you realize this.

  2. #112
    SAND_MAN is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    The 1/4 Mile
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Of coarse i do.

    Sometimes it just takes someone smarter then me to tell.

    Soooo why?


    "Let my ears hear not but the most sinful of lyrics"

  3. #113
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SAND_MAN View Post
    Of coarse i do.

    Sometimes it just takes someone smarter then me to tell.

    Soooo why?
    Surely you can understand why gay marriage is not an issue that only gay people should care about. That's like saying murder is only an issue murderers should care about. In this case, gay marriage is about freedom and equal rights. That affects us all.

  4. #114
    SAND_MAN is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    The 1/4 Mile
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    ...Ok

    You used murder as an example to explain somthing about gay marriage.


    "Let my ears hear not but the most sinful of lyrics"

  5. #115
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SAND_MAN View Post
    ...Ok

    You used murder as an example to explain somthing about gay marriage.
    Indeed I did. It gets people's attention. Your point being?

    Just because a law is being passed that only affects the actions of one group of people doesn't mean that the other people shouldn't care. Murder is one such example. Gay marriage is another. I am not equating murder with gay marriage. I'm in favor of gay marriage; I'm against murder.

  6. #116
    SAND_MAN is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    The 1/4 Mile
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    I wont argue with your logic because i agree with it.


    "Let my ears hear not but the most sinful of lyrics"

  7. #117
    deuce22 is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,146

    Default

    My big concern about gay marriage is of children. I mean i know they can't have children the traditional way (stating the obvious), but about them wanting to adopt kids or something of that resort. To me, that is my major concern with gay marriage. Otherwise, where i stand on it, let them. If they want to do it, then go ahead. Their marriage doesnt affect me. The only ones that do, are family and your own.

    P.S. I really really hate that new rule, I’m just trying to abide by it just to test it out. Since 100 words to me is a little much. Maybe like 50 or so, should be minimum. Technically I’m writing this just to break the 100 mark. Since all I really wanted to say was up there! ^^^

  8. #118
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Why is adopting kids such a big concern? I mean, if you're against adoption in general, that's one thing - although I don't think it's a good thing considering how many parentless kids are out there, and in need of a good home - but why would a gay couple make any worse of a family than a straight couple? I know of - and I know personally - gay couples who have kids, adopted or otherwise, and those kids are just like any other kids - they have parents who love them very much, and often who love each other, too (because I know so many kids with divorced parents). I think that's the least concerning thing about gay marriage. The important thing about a family is the love that connects them - without that, you're not really a family, and who cares if you have gay parents? They're still parents. That role doesn't change.
    ~Digital_Eon~




  9. #119
    Terasiel is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina, US
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    I'm pretty sure the obvious point he was making would be the treatment of the said children by their peers as they grow-up. It's not a stretch to say it's a hurdle that people have come to understand and society has outgrown, for the most part, racial and nationality based stereotyping in the school systems; but, it's still going to be a fresh start for those with homosexual parents.

    If it were me voting though, I personally would just let it go, considering that banning something based on ignorance and hate-based assaults is simply preventing societal progress and furthering the alienation of valuable citizens that are otherwise "normal."

    Still, the most important problem here is the hypocracy of the "fact" that males and females are so different, you can't deny that being a common "fact," that it will, and has, been used to prevent gay parents from existing...period.

    America specifically is infamous for using that excuse to prevent gay males, and even single fathers on occasion, from raising a child because "it's against nature." Somehow they are inherantly inept to do so.
    Last edited by Terasiel; 12-13-2006 at 08:32 PM.

  10. #120
    deuce22 is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    Why is adopting kids such a big concern? I mean, if you're against adoption in general, that's one thing - although I don't think it's a good thing considering how many parentless kids are out there, and in need of a good home - but why would a gay couple make any worse of a family than a straight couple? I know of - and I know personally - gay couples who have kids, adopted or otherwise, and those kids are just like any other kids - they have parents who love them very much, and often who love each other, too (because I know so many kids with divorced parents). I think that's the least concerning thing about gay marriage. The important thing about a family is the love that connects them - without that, you're not really a family, and who cares if you have gay parents? They're still parents. That role doesn't change.
    yeah, exactly what Terasiel said.

 

 
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79