Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 80
  1. #41
    BobtheNormal is offline Banned Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Well, yeah. If you do drugs, and get aids in the process, it's your fault for doing drugs in the first place. And if you go around sleeping with prostitutes, enjoy your AIDS. Yeah they *imo* deserve it, because you shouldn't do drugs or sleep with scarlet women as far as I'm concerned. Problem is, sometimes their kids are born with it too, and also they can pass it on to their spouses (who wouldn't have known that they were cheated on) which sucks. Other than that, it's all good.
    Hm... apparently, he did say they deserved. If I had read only this one sentence, then I would disagree with him on this point. However, since I did read through his entire post and I see no malicious intent, I'll have to say that it was poor word choice and/or lack of in-depth explaination. (Can't blame him though. Anyone of us willing to write an esssay in a forum?)
    The problem I see is the people who partially reads a post.


    As for prostitution, I doubt legalizing it would lower rape rate. Anyone that wants sex and willing to pay for it would already be doing it. I have no idea how a rapist mind works.
    Last edited by BobtheNormal; 09-18-2006 at 11:59 AM.

  2. #42
    rabidfuzzybunny is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bishiville
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Rapists get off on the power and control of forcing a woman against her will to have sex with them. They want to degrade the woman and by physical dominance force her submission. A rapist can't get that from a girlfriend, wife, prostitute, or anyone else that could be considered a willing participant.

  3. #43
    dropped on japan is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Edgeworth
    they *imo* deserve it
    I just wanted to chime in that no one deserves AIDS. I don't care what you have done. I don't know if you know anyone that had to go through that, but it absolutly horrifying for the people going through it.

    That is in the same leugue of wishing that people would contract breast cancer. In fact, it's far worse. The person (unlike cancer patients), has to totally change their way of life. Not only does it mess with your body, but it takes a huge toll on your personal life. Cancer patients have support networks. You never hear of AIDS support networks, now do you?

    It is worse that any cancer that you could go through.

    When you have AIDS, you have no chance of surviving.

    If you have AIDS, you are also looked upon as a bad person, just because of what you have done to recive it. You will be treated differently from now on, just because that people don't want to contract it as well, as well as the fact that you did something that is concidered "bad" in society.

    Now if you go and say, hey, people who sleeps with prostitutes, or do drugs, or whatever, deserve AIDS then you have absolutly no idea what having AIDS is like.
    Glitter is the Herpes of craft supplies.
    -Demetri Martin

  4. #44
    98abaile's Avatar
    98abaile is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    An Englishman in a shithole somewhere in Wales.
    Posts
    7,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rabidfuzzybunny
    Rapists get off on the power and control of forcing a woman against her will to have sex with them. They want to degrade the woman and by physical dominance force her submission. A rapist can't get that from a girlfriend, wife, prostitute, or anyone else that could be considered a willing participant.
    ^ Obviously knows what hes talking about.

  5. #45
    ghost305 is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dropped on japan
    I just wanted to chime in that no one deserves AIDS. I don't care what you have done. I don't know if you know anyone that had to go through that, but it absolutly horrifying for the people going through it.

    That is in the same leugue of wishing that people would contract breast cancer. In fact, it's far worse. The person (unlike cancer patients), has to totally change their way of life. Not only does it mess with your body, but it takes a huge toll on your personal life. Cancer patients have support networks. You never hear of AIDS support networks, now do you?

    It is worse that any cancer that you could go through.

    When you have AIDS, you have no chance of surviving.

    If you have AIDS, you are also looked upon as a bad person, just because of what you have done to recive it. You will be treated differently from now on, just because that people don't want to contract it as well, as well as the fact that you did something that is concidered "bad" in society.

    Now if you go and say, hey, people who sleeps with prostitutes, or do drugs, or whatever, deserve AIDS then you have absolutly no idea what having AIDS is like.
    Unless you are Magic Johnson who seems to get healthier and Fattier even if he is HiV positive. He is bigger now than he was when he wasn't hiv positive.

  6. #46
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakko
    Ok, lets look at your main point of contention.
    Miles Edgeworth responded to the comment, "because they fucked people." Miles responded, and then everyone went off the deep-end accusing her. The problem is, she was completely right, and here is my reasoning.
    1. Miles was talking about individuals having sex with prostitutes, and only prostitutes. That is what the topic of this thread is about, and that is what she is talking about. Notice that in the two sentences she talked about contracting AIDs from having sex, she was talking about "prostitutes," and "scarlet women(another name for prostitutes)."
    Miles said they deserved to get AIDS, which is just plain sick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakko
    2. Coolerimmortal then responded with attacking her, saying that she is also condemning those that are rape victims, and those that had regular sex with another (non-prostitute) person, without knowing they had Aids. This is wrong on several points. Miles never mentioned anything about these cases, only sex with prostitutes specifically. Also, if you notice coolerimmortal's original post, it referred to Aids deriving because "they fucked people." It does not refer to being "fucked," or, more specifically raped, so there is no way that Miles could have been referring to that in her reply, and there is no reason why cooler should have inferred that, or included that, in other words, the "rape" thing is completely random and off-topic.
    Reading comprehension, my dear Jakko. I threw out hypotheticals; I asked Miles about those specific situations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakko
    You know, I don't remember Miles ever saying she was a Christian, so it is incredibly biased(and, one could be so bold as to say, bigoted) to assume that because she takes this stance, she is a Christian.
    In my experiences, the people who hold such beliefs tend to be Christian.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakko
    Also, I agree that it is wrong to condemn people, however, as I see it, she is not comdemning people.
    What part of "AIDS patients deserve it" is acceptable to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakko
    There is a famous Bible passage, which goes, "You reap what you sow."
    There's another Bible passage in Leviticus that instructs us to kill all of the homosexuals. Does that mean we should? Hell no. The Bible is not to be trusted; its words are completely invalid in any sort of debate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakko
    In other words, It seems to me that Miles is merely saying that if you sleep around with many different people, then you shouldn't be surprised if such a thing happens, it is in someways literally like playing russian roulete. She is not condemning those people, rather saying that we are all responsible for our own actions, and need to accept the outcome's of our actions. She is saying if you have sex with dubious people(she is specifically talking about prostitutes, remember, people that are paid to turn their bodies into toys for others), you must be willing to take that risk.
    He said they deserve it. That's sick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Edgeworth
    Thanks for understanding Jakko, I only meant that people who sleep with prostitutes and do drugs (sharing needles) are the ones who deserved it, and they only brought it on to themselves. Also I am not Christian, and I see nothing wrong with using protection or whatever. Dunno why coolerimmortal is so eager to make me out as some evil guy who wants everyone to have aids. Which brings me to my next point, I am a guy, not a girl
    Probably because your idea that AIDS patients deserve to have AIDS is inherently evil.

    Don't worry. I don't pretend to be a saint. I'm the first to admit I'm a bad person.

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost305
    @CoolerImmortal
    I don't know what you getting all mad for, like i said, i meant no offenses and there are no better words to describe what i said. It is what it is. So i don't get the point you are trying to make.
    If you really feel that way, you're a fucking idiot.

    If I want to talk about black people, is "nigger" the best word to use? Hell no. It's a horrid word that should not be used. It's the same situation with you. Don't be a bigot.

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost305
    As for the 2nd paragraph, i was describing the Politics that exist between the FCC,Cable provider, tv stations and Advertisers(money paid to advertise products). How the more money they pay, the more taxes go to the government and Each of these three giants(cable provider,tv stations and ad) all pay taxes. Which is why the FCC tries to put a lot restrictions on what we watch to attract more viewers and more viewers means more money for advertising.
    That has nothing to do with prostitution.

  7. #47
    Jakko's Avatar
    Jakko is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    4,503

    Default

    My rebuttal:

    There is a famous phrase around here, a real jack-of-all-trades phrase, which goes:

    "You screw with the bull, you get the horn."

    By that I mean, if you plan on having lots of sex with prostitutes, not the highest class, most cleanly people, or those that care about themselves or others(hey, if you allow a man to use your body as a toy for money, I doubt you really care to make sure you don't have anything "catching"), then yes, you do "deserve" to get "HIV." Bear in mind, I said "HIV," not AIDs, because HIV doesn't always develop into AIDs. Now, before we go any further, lets get something clear. I do not wish AID's on anyone, or think that it is the just desserts of idiots that have sex outside of marriage. I am merely saying that if you do have such kinds of sex, then you run the risk of getting HIV(and many other kinds of STD's), and you must be willing to take responsibility for your actions if it turns out to be you do get such a disease. If you are willing to take that risk, then don't be surprised if it happens.
    Once again, "You screw with the bull, you get the horn."

    P.S. - Of course I don't wish that on anyone, one of my best friends has AID's, and it hurts me everytime I see him.

  8. #48
    Jakko's Avatar
    Jakko is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    4,503

    Default

    ????
    ????
    ????
    What's your point, what does that have to do with that particular sentence?

  9. #49
    rabidfuzzybunny is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bishiville
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 98abaile
    ^ Obviously knows what hes talking about.
    The burden that comes with reading and watching too much H manga and anime.

  10. #50
    adonai is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Issalroc
    What if your wife was born with HIV, eh bitch?
    Then Jakko would be a pedophile since there's no way anyone born with HIV is going to live past their teens.

 

 
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79